997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Water In Passenger Side Floor In A New TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Karman is infamous around these parts
I got the car back. They just dried the rug, and swapped the Bose amp from another vehicle, even though I had insisted new components. Ahh, what a hassle just to go over the invoice descriptions. The Service Manager was on vacation, so I dealt with a very shady service rep. I told them that I want new carpets because of allergies to mold. The service rep said he can't do that because there is no mold on the carpets. Explained that the effects are cumulative, and don't immediately show up until later.

Their diagnosis of the water draining was that the 'AC drain hose not connected.' When I asked more about it, he confessed that it was most likely wasn't connected from the factory. Then the discussion was if Porsche didn't connect a hose which resulted in component failure and water entering the vehicle, why should I have to bear the burden of a blemished record and possibly reduced value and future buyer interest on a new car. They responded by saying that people only car about accidents.... I opted to suggest the additional 2 yr 100k mi. warranty. They said I'll have to take it up with PCNA.

The wording of the amp replacement in the invoice is very shady, it doesn't say "New," it says that they 'swapped it from another known good unit, and replaced the amplifier as needed.' When I questioned why it doesn't say "new amp," he said, "we swapped it with a radio from another vehicle to test it, but don't worry, it's a new one." I have good ears, I sensed on my way home that the sound of the radio is not the same as before: thinner sound, less bass, shallow soundstage, shrill sound, and not as loud as before.

Then the Assistant GM, came and he said that if I am not happy that I can trade it in for a new "2013 997 TT." I told him that there's no such thing, no more allocation, no more production! He continued by telling me a story Porsche has left over chassis from the offshoot of their 918... I told him all I want is goodwill from Porsche for the 2 yrs/ 100kmi.

After the GM had left, at the end, I told the service rep, that I had recorded our conversation for my own understanding in this matter. He became defensive and angry, saying that's illegal, you can't do anything with that, etc.. His frustration, anger, and defensiveness showed his true colors and his reaction proved to me that he is not completely truthful... There was no recording.

That was enough drama, shady characters, and discussion for one day. I am exhausted already. I don't know how some guys do it. Now, I have to have them install a "New" amp and not an elusive swap because the sound is not good. The rest is up to PCNA with the 2 yr/100kmi.

Last edited by Karman; 08-27-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:06 PM
alexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Karman
I got the car back. They just dried the rug, and swapped the Bose amp from another vehicle, even though I had insisted new components. Ahh, what a hassle just to go over the invoice descriptions. The Service Manager was on vacation, so I dealt with a very shady service rep. I told them that I want new carpets because of allergies to mold. The service rep said he can't do that because there is no mold on the carpets. Explained that the effects are cumulative, and don't immediately show up until later.

Their diagnosis of the water draining was that the 'AC drain hose not connected.' When I asked more about it, he confessed that it was most likely wasn't connected from the factory. Then the discussion was if Porsche didn't connect a hose which resulted in component failure and water entering the vehicle, why should I have to bear the burden of a blemished record and possibly reduced value and future buyer interest on a new car. They responded by saying that people only car about accidents.... I opted to suggest the additional 2 yr 100k mi. warranty. They said I'll have to take it up with PCNA.

The wording of the amp replacement in the invoice is very shady, it doesn't say "New," it says that they 'swapped it from another known good unit, and replaced the amplifier as needed.' When I questioned why it doesn't say "new amp," he said, "we swapped it with a radio from another vehicle to test it, but don't worry, it's a new one." I have good ears, I sensed on my way home that the sound of the radio is not the same as before: thinner sound, less bass, shallow soundstage, shrill sound, and not as loud as before.

Then the Assistant GM, came and he said that if I am not happy that I can trade it in for a new "2013 997 TT." I told him that there's no such thing, no more allocation, no more production! He continued by telling me a story Porsche has left over chassis from the offshoot of their 918... I told him all I want is goodwill from Porsche for the 2 yrs/ 100kmi.

After the GM had left, at the end, I told the service rep, that I had recorded our conversation for my own understanding in this matter. He became defensive and angry, saying that's illegal, you can't do anything with that, etc.. His frustration, anger, and defensiveness showed his true colors and his reaction proved to me that he is not completely truthful... There was no recording.

That was enough drama, shady characters, and discussion for one day. I am exhausted already. I don't know how some guys do it. Now, I have to have them install a "New" amp and not an elusive swap because the sound is not good. The rest is up to PCNA with the 2 yr/100kmi.
Go back again with a friend , get angry , complain that it's unacceptable , carpets? are they fkin serious they should of given you a 10 year supply of new carpets. I would demand to speak to all management and express your anger and share your situation repeatedly do anyone that will listen to the point that they are asking to you to leave or call the cops, obviously you must stay non-violent. I have a similar story with mercedes dealership, at the end of my visit , I had the manager, the service rep, his manager, the salesperson who sold me the car & sales manager in the office, we had a nice long chat while they where throwing the blame around like a hot potatoe. I got fed up called them on it, threatened to sue just for fun to make them miserable etc... GO HARD MAN GO FKIN HARD. They should be offering champagne while you wait.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:09 PM
alexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the rough
p.s. After all that, mercedes sent me a nice cheque for the whole bill. It was a 8000$ invoice for engine , camshaft defect they tried to hide and not cover under warranty, so I repaired it at another dealership and slapped them with the bill until they wrote me a cheque.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:36 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Karman

this is such a nightmare, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. it kills the entire emotional experience of buying the car, especially when these cars are mostly an emotional purchase to begin with. I went through something similar (different car, different issue) and it killed me to have spent so much money and have problems with the car, it really made it hard for me to enjoy the vehicle. Thankfully these things do work themselves out and you seem to be a patient and reasonable person.

My suggestion is to figure out what you can live with (whether it's a new amp, carpets and extended warranty or an entirely new car), consult an attorney and then go make enough noise to PCNA and the dealer (no legal threats yet) and don't stop until you get the minimum you can live with. Once you've got this behind you the joy will come back, especially when you're in the car alone, hit the wow pedal and fly from 50 to 90 in a blink!

good luck and keep us posted!
Art

Old 08-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Alexo, thanks for the strength. I know what I am up against... What a tug of war match. I had no idea that items under Porsche warranty means replacing with used parts from other cars? Is this the normal dealer practice? This 'swapped' radio doesn't sound anything like the the old one. You're right, I need a quorum of managers and a bring my dream team of friends. I may never buy a Porsche again. How ironic, we never see stories like this on car magazine adds?!

Thanks, Art. One thing I cannot allow to happen is this to extinguish my emotion and joy such a car brings. That's why I bought it. It's meant to be my release from an otherwise stressful career. So, I can't and don't want to be stressed from the car. Otherwise the car is mechanically sound.

Last edited by Karman; 08-27-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Wow I am so sorry to hear about this nonsense. It's a shame that you keep hearing all these negative stories from new Porsche owners, really brings the brand down as a whole.

To touch on the recording part of the post, I would probably be upset to if someone had recorded a conversation I had with them and didn't tell me about it.. I am one of the most honest people you will ever meet (to a fault it seems sometimes, ask some of my customers ) with that being said, and I am no lawyer (the son of two but never one for the books beyond college myself haha) I don't think a recording holds up in court if both parties aren't Aware of it, reasonable expectation Of privacy I think... I only bring that up because I would hate for your efforts to be in vain, or worse for it to backfire on you... I personally think the dealership is handling this entire incident improperly and I hope they end up making it right, on their own on under the pressure of PCNA.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:39 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
I would know your state's law(s) on recording people before you say you are doing it. You might get locked up. Texas is a one party state. Which means only one party needs to know the conversation is be recorded.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:34 AM
I told him that I recorded the conversation to see what his response would be. I said nothing about using it for any claim other than for my own understanding and clarification. His reaction showed his true colors and defensive stance proved to me his lack of transparency and untruthfulness. There was no actual recording as I said before.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:29 AM
Viv
Viv is infamous around these parts
This is a difficult one! I had another brand car (company car) which had the same problem with wet carpets and it did turn out it was part of the aircon piping that was leaking, not sure if this is the same...

Old 08-30-2012, 07:05 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear about all your troubles. I have been dealing with the piece of crap that Aprilia bikes/dealers/company are. At least Porsche is/was somewhat more respectable. However, I really suggest you consult any attorney as I can guarantee you that the dealer and Porsche in many respects have already circled the wagon.

Good luck!

Old 08-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks Viv and 512bb. On my way back, the radio sounds like AM - no bass, no deep soundstage, thin. They used radio they put in is horrible. This car is going back to the selling dealer at Porsche's expense if they don't find a reputable dealer ASAP. And last night, I opened the trunk, and I was absolutely disgusted. They had forgot to place the boots/panels and just left them in the trunk from the service dealer, leaving the AC evaporator and battery exposed. This is like changing the oil and not putting the screw back under the pan. I took a photo. Now I'll have to go back to the dreaded service dealer and tell them that they returned a disassembled car back to a customer. Amazing service for a $150k car. I'll have them place them on correctly under the GM's supervision and take another photo at the dealer to send to PCNA. I've never seen this level of ineptitude. I submitted a descriptive appeal to the selling dealer and PCNA. They know that my next stop are the newspapers, lawyer, state rep, etc.

Last edited by Karman; 08-30-2012 at 09:05 PM.