997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Daily Driver....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 06:47 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
New Daily Driver....

as the title states, I picked up a new DD. All I can say is WOW, this car is amazing!!!! Has blown away all my expectations. I've had some nice sedans in the past and have also driven quite few nice ones, but the new M5 really blows them all out of the water.

Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2012, 07:42 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Valentino, that is beautiful! How's the turbo doing?

Old 08-30-2012, 07:56 AM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats that's a monster and a great color. how does it compare to your '07 Turbo?

Old 08-30-2012, 08:40 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by E55AMG
Valentino, that is beautiful! How's the turbo doing?
thanks, honestly, i think i'm getting a little bored, but I still love it!!
Originally Posted by aa909
Congrats that's a monster and a great color. how does it compare to your '07 Turbo?
i haven't been able to let it rip yet but, it does feel very strong maybe a bit slower than a stock 997.1 turbo

Old 08-30-2012, 08:55 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Congrats,
Would love to hear your drive reviews when you have a chance to open it up.
- turbo lag, and do you feel the tq down low in rpm range
-steering feel
-ride comfort, firmness or suppleness
- amenities
-low and top end power

The M5 got mixed reviews in the mags (bad steering and brakes) compared to the E63 and S6, but owner reviews are usually different and make more sense.
Know that you have a fast GT sedan, you should move to a GT variant 911 and you will never be bored with it.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:16 AM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
Congrats, Great choice.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:54 AM
C4TT is infamous around these parts
Great choice! Unless your Turbo is highly modified, you've got such a small margin of performance difference, you might stop drive the Turbo all together since that M5 is so effortless! The only way I could keep interest is to have a Sledgehammer Turbo parked next to that M5, which I'd still do tune intake and downpipes on!!! Enjoy!

Old 08-30-2012, 11:44 AM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
great color.

enjoy in good health.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:59 PM
some more pics with the Turbo.....

Attached Images      
Old 08-30-2012, 05:46 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Now that's what I'm talking about!

Congrat!!

Old 08-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome garage!

Old 08-30-2012, 10:37 PM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
Those rear brakes on the M5 are monstrous! Congrats!

Old 08-30-2012, 11:21 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Great addition. Congrats!

Old 08-30-2012, 11:43 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
what a great combo, enjoy!

Old 08-31-2012, 06:38 AM
^^^^thanks guys

Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Congrats,
Would love to hear your drive reviews when you have a chance to open it up.
- turbo lag, and do you feel the tq down low in rpm range
-steering feel
-ride comfort, firmness or suppleness
- amenities
-low and top end power

The M5 got mixed reviews in the mags (bad steering and brakes) compared to the E63 and S6, but owner reviews are usually different and make more sense.
Know that you have a fast GT sedan, you should move to a GT variant 911 and you will never be bored with it.
-very little turbo lag(less than Porsche). Full 500lb/ft tq kick in from I believe as low as 2k rpm, really incredible thrust right through to 5.5k rpm(haven't pushed past that)
-steering feel is excellent, 3 settings(comf,sport,sport+) Sport I think is best for street use, plenty of feel and feedback for such a big car. Light years ahead of benz/audi (haven't driven a panny)
-ride comfort, in one word EXCELLENT. Again 3 settings(same as above)
in comf. mode its basically as supple as a 7 series, in sport+ it becomes extremely sharp.
-low/top end. I got on it a bit last night on the parkway and i was shocked!!!
from 60 to 110 in the blink of an eye.......I think - faster than my stock 911 turbo was at those speeds.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Daily Driver....