997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Those with H&R/Eibach springs...any sagging/uneven drop issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Those with H&R/Eibach springs...any sagging/uneven drop issues?

I'm close to ordering some H&R springs and am wondering for those who've had them installed in their cars, have you had any sagging or uneven drop issues? I remember back in the day, I had eibach prokits on my prelude and the drop was uneven. Would love your input
  1. Brand?
  2. how long you've had it on your car?
  3. Sagging?
  4. Uneven drop?
  5. Wish you went coils?
Thanks!

Edwin

Old 09-18-2012, 02:17 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
H&R
few months
No
No
No

I am content with the result and the more I drive the car, the more used to the slightly increased stiffness, or should I call it shorter travel of the suspension. It is not harsh, doesnt bounce, unless on reaaaalllyyy uneven pavement and holes. The car is lower, front lip IS disposable in my view. Having said that, bought some bumper protection stuff which looks like black shoe polish, which worked wonders! Like new... little hairdryer too to straighten the intakes, can make it last for a year. Then swap!

Dont regret it. I am sure coilovers are a better product, overall I mean. You cant compare a set of $400 springs with a few $'000 worth of coilovers. But for my use it is just fine.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:20 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I had H&R springs on my old 996 for 15k miles and never had any sag or drop issues. They provided a comparable ride to stock other than the decreased suspension travel, which I really only noticed on big bumps/dips. For my use on that car (no track duty, just a daily driven aggressively) they did a great job.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Fugazi is infamous around these partsFugazi is infamous around these parts
1.H&R
2.11-months
3.NO
4.NO
5.Coils are overkill for DD.

The BEST Mod for the $$$ don't think twice!

Old 09-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I haven't heard any problems with sagging or uneven issues. I think you would be fine with springs unless you're going to track the car, then I would get consider coilovers. The H&R Sport Springs are designed with a revised spring rate for increased driving convenience with great handling characteristics. They'll offer a mild lowering to cleanup that "too high-rally-stock look."

Last edited by ECS Tuning - Porsche; 09-19-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:27 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Two more lowering springs that you might want to consider are Techart and GMG. All are good springs but stiffness varies, and unconfirmed rumors (no flame pls :-), only trying to help here) is that H&R is very close to stock (seemingly confirmed by users' reports here), and Techart and GMG are stiffer. My taste would definitely run towards the stiffer springs, ie GMG, but YMMV. I am always looking to tighten up our soft Turbo but this is strictly personal preference.

The Eibach springs are very interesting and I've had a number of people PM'ed me about it. We know Eibach makes the GMG springs (although supposedly GMG springs have different rates) and we know Eibach is the "real thing," so they should be very good. If anyone here has them, it would be nice to see a "review."

Old 09-19-2012, 02:36 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Hr here for around 2 years...no problems at all...generally like the car except very spirited driving that i wish i had a little more stiffness...but you cant have it all...can you..?HR springs are softer than oem for sure,while eibach on all spring applications tend to have almost OEM spring rate (progressive not linear)...