997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

2012 997 Turbo S Dyno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 09:26 AM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
2012 997 Turbo S Dyno

Just wanted to share the dyno I just had done on my 2012 997 Turbo S.
It has a Europipe, BMC air filter and Sportec tune.

It was fairly warm and the dyno recorded the temp at 92.5F

Essentially, 500 HP and 500 Lb-Ft torque at the wheels (All-wheel drive dyno run by Kenny Tran at Jotech Motorsports in Garland, Texas)

I may do another at cooler temps.

Note: The peak torque should occur earlier but Kenny did not want to accidentally engage the kick down button so throttle advancement was smooth and linear.

Walt

Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Impressive. That's some serious power

Old 10-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Looks good!
Any baseline numbers?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:19 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry, no baseline numbers. When I took delivery it had the tune and Europipe.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Awesome!

What's that estimated at the crank? 600hp?

Old 10-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Nice walt

Old 10-10-2012, 10:30 PM
I think it may be in the 600HP at the crank area. I get differing numbers for drive train loss so I don't know for sure. Plus different dynos throw out different numbers and since I do not have a base line I don't know the actual improvement with the two mods. I'm guessing the Europipe and tune added around 70HP. Again, just guessing.
It's definitely fast.

I'd like to do another dyno when it get cool here in Dallas.

Walt

Old 10-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by WaltB
I think it may be in the 600HP at the crank area. I get differing numbers for drive train loss so I don't know for sure. Plus different dynos throw out different numbers and since I do not have a base line I don't know the actual improvement with the two mods. I'm guessing the Europipe and tune added around 70HP. Again, just guessing.
It's definitely fast.

I'd like to do another dyno when it get cool here in Dallas.

Walt
So you flashed then Dyno it directly?
Keep in mind the car will need some time (1-2 days approx ) so the throttle adapt %100.
Goodluck

Old 10-10-2012, 11:02 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
That's about right, my 997.1 w similar mods made 480 at the wheels, ~575 at the crank on the Farnbacher Loles Dyno.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:57 AM
RollingThunder is infamous around these parts
Walt - I assume you got this at Boardwalk. How has car been running with tune -- no hiccups? Did dealer say anything about effect on warranty?

Old 11-11-2012, 08:25 AM
I did purchase at Boardwalk. No issues or problems with the car or tune. It does make my tuned Cayennt Turbo S feel slow now though.
Dealer said Sportec had an engine warranty policy in place however they had never had any issues with the engine or tune.
It's fast.

Walt

Old 11-11-2012, 08:33 AM
RollingThunder is infamous around these parts
Thanks Walt. So did Boardwalk say that it would do any engine warranty work caused by the tune, or do you have to go elsewhere? From what I have seen and heard, there are no known issues, but would want the peace of mind if the unthinkable happens.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:57 PM
They intimated to me that 1 of two mechanical failures could happen.
Failures that were not related to the tune and covered under warranty and failures that were proven to be a result of the tune and covered by Sportec.

I'm confidant I am covered in both cases and having the tune installed by BW gives me great piece of mind. They are great guys and not in the habit of screwing customers.
I am not concerned whatsoever.

I recommend the dealer as well as the tune.

Walt

Old 11-12-2012, 07:08 AM
m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !
Lots of usable power there...enjoy