997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Return of Carbon Series by HRE Wheels - CF2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Return of Carbon Series by HRE Wheels - CF2

HRE Wheels - Carbon Series CF2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hrewheels/8143546207/
When owners of cars like the Ferrari 458, McLaren MP4-12C, and Lamborghini Aventador look to improve the style and performance of their exotic sports cars, they immediately turn to HRE Wheels. The level of quality, performance, and style of HRE’s forged wheels is unmatched. So how do you improve on the best? HRE’s answer is the new HRE Carbon Series CF2; the most exclusive performance wheels ever created.

Utilizing a full carbon-fiber rim barrel fitted to HRE’s competition-proven forged-aluminum centers, the Carbon Series CF2 is HRE’s new range-topping carbon-fiber wheel series, expected to launch in early 2013. The lightweight carbon-fiber rim barrel combined with titanium fasteners and forged centers, maximizes strength while minimizing mass and rotational inertia. Weight savings of up to 25% are expected over a typical forged aluminum wheel. The CF2 weighed in at under 16 lbs.

“As everyone knows, any HRE wheel is exclusive, but our most discerning customers have been pleading with us to go further and introduce another Carbon Series,” said HRE President, Alan Peltier. “These customers don’t care about price. They only want the coolest, most exclusive wheels they can buy and from a brand they can trust, hence the creation of the Carbon Series CF2.”

HRE introduced its first Carbon Series of wheels in 2009 and has been working to create this 2nd generation of carbon-fiber wheels with eventual TUV certification in mind; coordinating with TUV to create carbon-specific standards that go beyond normal forged aluminum requirements to ensure that these won’t be just the sexiest wheels you can buy, but also wheels you know you can trust, from the brand you can trust.

More info on HRE Carbon Series, CLICK HERE or contact your authorized HRE dealer.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 AM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Will they be available in center lock and what approximate price can we expect?

Old 11-01-2012, 10:10 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
I love them and just made a mess on my keyboard

Old 11-01-2012, 12:28 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Relaunch of carbon series wheels

Is this more like a revised product from 2009. I considered Dymags wheels which I believe your company partnered with or bought. I know that Dymag is no longer in business. Can you give everyone a update on how you have made this product better. During that time 2008 Dymag was using a magnesium center. I held off purchasing a set because of issues some where having. There was also the issue of having to send your wheels to the UK for service. HRE has relaunched the carbon fiber and it looks fantastic. Please bring everyone up to speed on this new produce. I think people do care about price. So that said how much retail?

Old 11-01-2012, 03:44 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Fabulous wheels. I had Dymags on my previous 997TT and had more compliments than I've ever had on any wheel I've ever owned. These are even nicer than the Dymags. If I didn't just put BBS FIs on my GT2 a few months ago, I'd buy these in a heartbeat. As an aside to what M3 S3-R said about the problem Dymag had, I had the "old alloy" center Dymags and they replaced them with the "new alloy" centers at no cost to me.

Last edited by imcarnuts; 11-01-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:59 PM
eagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really nice
As a set of two Zipp Firecrest carbon road cycling wheels are 3k, I am thinking expensive.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:49 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Why is there two of the same threads???

Old 11-06-2012, 03:56 AM
greekm3 is infamous around these parts
So beautifull wheels...iam in love..

Old 11-07-2012, 12:21 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
guess i double posted