997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What Cars Cannot Be Test Driven?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 07:15 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Doc - I own a company in a tax free state and title and register all of my cars in my business name. I don't live in a tax free state, but my cars all have out of state plates on them. 100% legal.
Yeah, Virginia is definitely NOT a tax free state. I live there, and they try to hit you six ways from Sunday on everything. Virginia is shameless, but I digress. Off subject....sorry.

On the subject, I have found that it varies dealership to dealership, but it can definitely be tricky to get a test drive in a high-end sports car. I have had better luck at larger dealerships, than smaller ones that only have one, or are only allocated one or two of the car you are looking for. Of course if you have a relationship with the dealer, that changes everything in your favor. I think also when you hang around the sports car scene, you make friends that will make it happen for you one way or another. I feel like my shop I use would make it happen for me in almost any car I asked for, because they know me, and everyone else that have the cars in question. Nothing new here I know. Just re-enforcing what's already been said. Good luck though, and keep us posted.

Last edited by shtfrbrains; 12-16-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Dntlvet is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vbahal
I just bought my first "real " expensive car purchase....Just bought a 2013 991(911) Carrera S and the dealer let me drive it without any problems. I also drove the 2013 997 Carerra Turbo S without any hesitation from the dealership. In the end I liked the 991 body and went with the 991 and ordered it custom from Germany. Porsche dealers generally are classy people and cater to the wealthy. I am sure they will be professional and let you drive it. Usually only "serious " people go to Porsche dealers. Nissan sees kids who want joy rides!! My other car is a C63 AMG and the dealership at MB let me drive it witout a problem.
Easy to test drive Cerrara S because there are a lot of them. The Gt-R; ah not so many. R8s not easy to test drive either.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:08 AM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
guys again just as much as you want to test drive you have to also answer if you would want a test driven car