997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT RS Front Fender Extension on Turbo Bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 AM
greekm3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by twturbo
Thanks for posting the pic GreekM3 & being the 1st to try this ,but something looks wrong there ,it looks like they cut the extension piece down it just looks too short ,they cut the whole bottom part off instead of customizing it to fit the tt bumper ,which is what i was thinking was possibleyou can clearly see the gt2 piece makes a 90 degree turn at the bottom
is not cute but just dosent fit well...the look is absolutely wrong...but today,my car will be in Techart in Leonberg...i will have more news during week from my friend Thomas there..so i will let you know guys...
P.S take a look a better foto which i took 2 days ago

Attached Images  
Old 11-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
It seems that it isn't such simple than i previously thought. The rear fit with the skirts is also bad. And the fender extensions can't be considered a cheap mod, if you take in consideration that:
1. The fit is bad and need to be customize in the lower parts (front lip and side skirts) to have a decent finish;
2. It has no funcional feature because it doesn't increase the clearance to accomodate wider tires or wheels with very agressive offset. It is just a pure estetic mod.
I think that i will pass this.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tiago
But you forgot to tell me what is your spacers size, front and rear?
sorry for the late....no spacers...

Old 11-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Tiago
It seems that it isn't such simple than i previously thought. The rear fit with the skirts is also bad. And the fender extensions can't be considered a cheap mod, if you take in consideration that:
1. The fit is bad and need to be customize in the lower parts (front lip and side skirts) to have a decent finish;
2. It has no funcional feature because it doesn't increase the clearance to accomodate wider tires or wheels with very agressive offset. It is just a pure estetic mod.
I think that i will pass this.
from what i saw in my car,you have to upgrade to a whole GT2RS bodykit...

Old 11-24-2012, 04:59 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
I knew it could be done

Here's some pics i took today at a local car show of the Evoms Turbo notice how the extensions fit perfectly on the front & back of this turbo bumper,so it can def be done you just need a shop that knows what there doing the white car def had something funky going on with its install.

Attached Images    

Last edited by twturbo; 11-24-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:24 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Here's some pics i took today at a local car show of the Evoms Turbo notice how the extensions fit perfectly on the front & back of this turbo bumper,so it can def be done you just need a shop that knows what there doing the white car def had something funky going on with its install.
not bad. Did the EVOMS car have additional spacers in front? Hard to tell

Old 11-25-2012, 07:19 AM
RedMile is a jewel in the roughRedMile is a jewel in the roughRedMile is a jewel in the rough
i dont think they will fit right away .. it may need so fabrication..

if im not mistaken there is a member from turkey has it on his car he may help in that matter,

other than this it looks wow ..

Old 11-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Looks great on the EVOMS car. I should have our Precision flares out of the mold on the car a week from now. I'll create my own thread but rest assured twturbo, you and I are going for the same look so I will make sure we get the fitment right

Edwin

Old 11-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
anymore pics of this car?

Old 11-25-2012, 03:48 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
No more pics sorry ,couldn'y tell on spacers but they where running 235 tires

Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
This car is running spacers. Spoke with the owner at Concoro Italiano in Montery this year. This car is done right no short cuts done on this car. He had custom fabrication done to make the flares fit correctly on the turbo bumper as GT2 RS bumper is different than the turbo bumper.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:10 AM
Easy888 is a jewel in the roughEasy888 is a jewel in the roughEasy888 is a jewel in the rough
I've done this mod on my car.

First off you need to get the GT2RS fender flares. The GT3RS flares run a different length and won't reach to the bottom end of the front bumper on the turbo.

Secondly, the flare piece that attaches to the front turbo bumper needs to be reformed to fit the contour of the turbo bumper properly.

H&R's 7mm spacers on the front should cure the offset issue.

Here's some pics of mine:

Last edited by Easy888; 12-02-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:07 AM
Originally Posted by Easy888
I've done this mod on my car.

First off you need to get the GT2RS fender flares. The GT3RS flares run a different length and won't reach to the bottom end of the front bumper on the turbo.

Secondly, the flare piece that attaches to the front turbo bumper needs to be reformed to fit the contour of the turbo bumper properly.

H&R's 7mm spacers on the front should cure the offset issue.

Here's some pics of mine:

Great looking car!!!!!congrats...what rear wing is that ?

Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Looks good mate and looks like a GT2 rear wing!

Old 12-02-2012, 06:04 AM
GT2 Chris is infamous around these parts
Those fender extensions look ace. Any idea where I can buy a set?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT RS Front Fender Extension on Turbo Bumper