997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 turbo service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:06 PM
ET777 is infamous around these parts
997 turbo service

Hi mates

im new here and just got my new 997 turbo cab 2008 .

i live in Dominican Republic and here Porsche dealer provides very bad service .
normal service will take like 2 weeks to finish and they will always forget do to something one time it will be the air filter other time will be the brake pads or the engine oil ...
so ill need to get some information about the maintenance of the 997 turbo like how much mileage between one service to another what things to check or ask for them to check (that in normal place will do this check without asking).

any other value information will be great !!

thank you guys

Last edited by ET777; 11-07-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Berndindallas is infamous around these parts
These two pdf files should do the trick. One contains the schedule, the other the work performed....

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...anceintervals/

Old 11-07-2012, 11:28 PM
thank you mate

im also want to add a new intake system because of the heat over here do you have any recommendations? i was thinking about Fabspeed carbon intake ...

Old 11-08-2012, 07:28 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Are you in Santo Domingo? Eat some "BON" for me!!

As far as the intake goes, I would leave it untouched. The stock air box does VERY well. The aftermarket airboxes are not going to keep it any cooler, especially w/the heat and humidity you have there.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 AM
hahaha BON

next time youll be here ill take you to a good place... thanks for the advice but im planing to get some modifications to the car and the intake will be a good start even if i still dont get much cooler dont you think?

it have to be a way to get this engine cooler ?!?

what about the oil temp im passing alot the 90 Deg. ( in the city ) ...?

Old 11-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Berndindallas is infamous around these parts
My 2 cents.....If intake temps are your concern I would go with bigger intercoolers, not the intake. That's the first thing on my list once my CPO coverage is up. The GT2RS intercoolers can be had for little money from some of the board sponsors. And if you want to spend a bit more there a plenty of aftermarket I/Cs that perform very well.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:05 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ET777
hahaha BON

next time youll be here ill take you to a good place... thanks for the advice but im planing to get some modifications to the car and the intake will be a good start even if i still dont get much cooler dont you think?

it have to be a way to get this engine cooler ?!?

what about the oil temp im passing alot the 90 Deg. ( in the city ) ...?
I am due for a visit early next year. I work with Pollos Victorina and a few other chains there. It is a fun place for sure. I went to La Romana while I was there and it was a sweet place. I will take you up on the offer when I get my schedule set up.

If you are planning to modify the car, seriously, the airbox is the least of your worries. It is going to make it look "cooler"...and add some sound to it...but that is the extent of it.

Intercoolers will help keeping temps down and probably you can tune the car so that the fans kick in a little sooner. I would also think that if you get some different catalytic's (or even go catless) that will also help the car breath better overall...and then you would really need the tune to wake everything up.

I am still running on the stock airbox with the 775hp package...

Old 11-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
I am due for a visit early next year. I work with Pollos Victorina and a few other chains there. It is a fun place for sure. I went to La Romana while I was there and it was a sweet place. I will take you up on the offer when I get my schedule set up.

If you are planning to modify the car, seriously, the airbox is the least of your worries. It is going to make it look "cooler"...and add some sound to it...but that is the extent of it.

Intercoolers will help keeping temps down and probably you can tune the car so that the fans kick in a little sooner. I would also think that if you get some different catalytic's (or even go catless) that will also help the car breath better overall...and then you would really need the tune to wake everything up.

I am still running on the stock airbox with the 775hp package...
im looking forward to that !

ill look for some intercoolers ... see whats happening the thing is the Taxes on this kind of items are very high here i can buy a pair for 2000$ and with the shipping and Taxes it will be like 3800-4200 here and for that money i can get very good intercoolers so will see....

thanks again...

Old 11-11-2012, 11:19 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
im looking forward to that !

ill look for some intercoolers ... see whats happening the thing is the Taxes on this kind of items are very high here i can buy a pair for 2000$ and with the shipping and Taxes it will be like 3800-4200 here and for that money i can get very good intercoolers so will see....

thanks again...
If you have heat issues why not run amethanol injection kit? It drops those IAT's way down, i had an methanol kit on my twin turbo bmw and it was the s--t!

Old 11-11-2012, 03:45 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Keep the stock air intake. The others suck in hot air from around the engine.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:10 PM
xbox_fan

there is no one here (dominican republic) that will do the instalation good . methanol system is kind of good i had it in my Evolution 8 but it was in israel and there you have very good tuners for all kinds of cars ....

512bb

about the air intake i saw that agency power have intake that comes with a carbon box that looks like the original and inside you have the new intake this wont work good ? still take hot air from the engine ?

Old 11-13-2012, 01:38 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
A meth system isnt really rocket science, using a standard controller ramping up flow from 0-100% between say 8-16psi using a small nozzle (M2?) using its own map sensor wouldnt touch any other electronics and give you nice low iat's that your tune would appriciate. Safe and simple

Old 11-16-2012, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor
sales@bisimoto is infamous around these parts
Have you considered an AEM Electronics water/meth kit? It is very simple to install, and as well setup with the included progressive controller... For vehicles running on pump petro, it is a god send by increasing fuel octane and greatly decreasing intake air temperatures.

Here in the states, we utilize this AEM water/meth kit on several clients high powered street vehicles, which run California's poor quality 91 octane, gaining the needed bump in octane and chemical cooling to tune for additional power, safely!

If you are interested, we can offer you a great deal on a kit to help you out.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by sales@bisimoto
Have you considered an AEM Electronics water/meth kit? It is very simple to install, and as well setup with the included progressive controller... For vehicles running on pump petro, it is a god send by increasing fuel octane and greatly decreasing intake air temperatures.

Here in the states, we utilize this AEM water/meth kit on several clients high powered street vehicles, which run California's poor quality 91 octane, gaining the needed bump in octane and chemical cooling to tune for additional power, safely!

If you are interested, we can offer you a great deal on a kit to help you out.
Hi mate

i would like to here about the deal but i dont have yet PM so ...
how simple is to install that ...?

Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 AM
Hi mate

i would like to here about the deal but i dont have yet PM so ...
how simple is to install that ...?
I installed a kit myself on my BMW 335i, it was a "standard" kit with a stand-alone controller, the install is easy to DIY.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-w-CM10-nozzle

I used a CM10 (M10) nozzle to help with fueling in your case I would go with something smaller for cooling only (and some octane help) like a M2 or M3.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 turbo service