997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Can I make the rear windows on my Cab close automatically??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 07:47 AM
CodeBlue911 is infamous around these parts
Can I make the rear windows on my Cab close automatically??

I'm still trying to learn all the little nuances of my Turbo S.
One thing that drives me nuts that I was hoping could either be programmed...or maybe I'm doing it wrong??...

When I put the top down, the side windows go up automatically as expected, and then I want to put the rear windows up as well....but I have to hold the rocker switch up to make them go up. There's no one-touch.
Is there a way to program this?
It's a little annoying that everything is automatic, and then I have to hold each rocker switch the whole way until the rear windows close. It's a little distracting while driving.
I'm guessing if there is no way around this that Porsche did it as a safety; I just can't think of why it would be a safety decision.
Also, is there a way to program the side windows not to automatically close when putting the top down??

Thanks for the input.

BTW, the acceleration of this beast is intoxicating. It can really throw you off your equalibrium it you're not ready...and I'm used to driving a modified ZO6.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:17 AM
pretzel is infamous around these parts
If you cannot get things to go as you want, search SmartTop on the forum. Gives all the permutations possible with windows.
S

Old 11-11-2012, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
We carry the Smart Top on our order page...feel free to email w/questions.

eric@bumperplugs.com

Old 11-11-2012, 07:50 PM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
I love my smarttop. Have had it on my last 3 tt's. I Removed it from my 997.1 tt and put it on my 997.2 tt. I love being able to put down the top when outside the car on a hot day (using the key fob remote). A must have for every tt.

Last edited by ERSKATEDOC; 11-11-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Schnell TT is a jewel in the roughSchnell TT is a jewel in the roughSchnell TT is a jewel in the roughSchnell TT is a jewel in the rough
The safety issue comes from the two kids in the back seats fighting and getting their arm stuck as the top goes down. You need to be able to react quickly to their screams, and so Porsche wants your finger on the button at all times. That is my understanding of the Porsche position.
If your going to be responsible, then Smarttop is a great solution.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:42 PM
CodeBlue911 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the input y'all. I just ordered a SmartTop. I think it will give me all that I'm looking for.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:42 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I just installed Smart top on my Cab. Can't believe it give you all those features for just $399. Truly the best mods for the money.