997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Anybody have a GMG WC-GT exhaust on their car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 09:17 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Anybody have a GMG WC-GT exhaust on their car?

Looking for feedback on the GMG WC-GT exhaust.
Thanks
Matt

Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Nobody has one of these systems on their car?

Old 11-19-2012, 07:23 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i have heard it in person and it sounds awesome... and the guy who has it loves it.

another system to look into is the 911 tuning exhaust ....

Old 11-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
I bought a used one from a member here and will be installing it tomorrow. I'll post pics later this week.

Edwin

Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks unvmy996. I have only heard it online but I like it more than the other ones that i have heard so far. I will search the 911 tuning.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Look forward to seeing it. Thanks.

Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
I bought a used one from a member here and will be installing it tomorrow. I'll post pics later this week.

Edwin

Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
I have one, it is good quality and sound very smooth.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:45 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
I have their stainless X-pipe on my GT2. I think it was before they were calling it the "World Challenge exhaust." For what it's worth to you, it's awesome. Sounds awesome, no drone, way lighter than stock, lots more cowbell. The exhaust raced in the 2010 Targa Newfoundland to a 4th place over-all finish, so plenty good for street or track.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
I had it on my 997.1TT, I will try to look for the video and upload it for you to hear.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Why did you go with an EP exhaust on your new one?

Originally Posted by JmanE55
I had it on my 997.1TT, I will try to look for the video and upload it for you to hear.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
You will find a number of people going through an exhuast or two and ending up with an EP, myself included.

Ive heard the GMG exhaust and it sounds nice and aggressive, more 'in your face' than the EP1 or Cargraphic for that matter...if thats what your looking for.

Any of the top exhausts out there will sound a boatload better than the stock one!

Old 11-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Alright, my new GMG exhaust will be here next week. Will keep you informed of progress.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Just got my exhaust installed by Steve @ driversource. Great job as always by Steve. Here's my initial impressions.

Sound/drone: sounds mean and loud (medium). When driving from light to light (ie low speeds), the exhaust sounds like its going to jump out and rip your face off when you get on the throttle. Haha. It sounds 10x meaner than stock. On the freeway, it is not as loud compared to city driving. There is some noticeable drone from 72 mph to 78mph range but oddly enough, after I stopped trying to hear for it, I kind of got used to it... Until I conciously tried to hear for it again. It's def bearable. My solution to the slight drone is open the windows or turn up the music or both. I can imagine I will need to raise my voice a little while talking to someone in the car but won't be too bad.

Quality/fitment: I bought a used older version so it had the flared tips. Quality seems nice and fitment of the tips are decent. Both sides of the tips don't fit exactly symmetrical to each other but once again, it's bearable. I hope the new system does not have this issue.

Summary: this exhaust is exactly what it is... An louder aftermarket exhaust. When I bought this cross flow exhaust, I knew I was buying an louder exhaust with slight drone... And this is exactly what I received. If I wanted something quieter with no drone, i would have just stuck with oem. This exhaust will stay for a while... Until a used gmg one with the newer tips pop up for sale

Edwin

Last edited by PrecisionPorsch; 11-20-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:32 PM
notso5 is infamous around these parts
I bought a Ti system off a member here. Only thing was I had to install the rear o2 sensors on a 90 degree spacer to cancel the CEL.
Mean **** sound especially at the track but not overly loud. No resonance at all.
And yes I did before and after dyno runs....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anybody have a GMG WC-GT exhaust on their car?