997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Decided on the 2009 year model for my 911 Turbo purchase.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Love my '09, and the engine is stock. Lighter wheels and free flowing exhaust are about it for my needs, and it's mostly street driving. I'd suggest getting the car as it sits, and drive the heck out of it for a few months before you decide on mods. At nearly 500hp (and maybe at it with a few minor things), you may find it is plenty o'power. Otherwise, step in and do as you wish.

6speed is so easy on this machine it's really child's play. Get it and enjoy rowing those gears.

Good luck in the search.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Turbo Kyle is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Peskarik
I am always surprised to hear these stories about 800hp. Where do you actually use this power to the fullest? Nowhere. Just for show.
(This is from a guy, who lives close to derestricted Autobahn and has 580hp at the crank.)
Show him this video, you can clearly see how useful it is. The Camera car makes 850 Crank HP at least. And the one in the front make about 1200. The 850 car looks slow, but I assure you it's not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4yiHl6R6M7Q

Old 11-24-2012, 09:53 AM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Its all good. I have an addiction to the high horsepower numbers too. I think that my 09 turbo is plenty with just a tune. I have a truck though that has alot more horsepower than my Porsche. It all depends on where you want to spend your money. $30000 + is a lot of money to spend on something that you can only use occasionally and will never really be able to recover that money. That being said, I only drive my car occasionally - LOL.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Turbo Kyle is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Love my '09, and the engine is stock. Lighter wheels and free flowing exhaust are about it for my needs, and it's mostly street driving. I'd suggest getting the car as it sits, and drive the heck out of it for a few months before you decide on mods. At nearly 500hp (and maybe at it with a few minor things), you may find it is plenty o'power. Otherwise, step in and do as you wish.

6speed is so easy on this machine it's really child's play. Get it and enjoy rowing those gears.

Good luck in the search.
That sounds like the best advice yet. I do need to learn it before I load it up with power. I imagine the 6speed is very strong.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:43 AM
RedMile is a jewel in the roughRedMile is a jewel in the roughRedMile is a jewel in the rough
in my case i got the 6 speed. i dont see myself driving sport car in auto. it doesnt feel or even sound right.

i have a 6 speed and in love with it i did drive tip which i hated the most and there isnt fun at all .. PDK was great but loved the evo 10 TC-SST over it because i think the twin clutch is great with small high powered cars like the evo with big ones manual is the best in every aspect.
<O</O
in my case i moded only intake, headers and exhaust and the power is more than needed at least to me. CPU is nothing to go near since it is under warranty maybe when it expires and if i dont buy 991 i will tune it and see what i can get out of it <O</O

just dont go for bigger power unless u have it for awhile and see if u dont like its current performance .. and good luck with your purchase..

Last edited by RedMile; 11-25-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: nothing lol