997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New GMG WC GT exhaust and tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 08:01 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
New GMG WC GT exhaust and tune

My new exhaust showed up today. It is a really nice looking exhaust. I went with just the standard stainless finish. My tune also arrived today. Hopefully I will have a chance to install this weekend.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:18 PM
PAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nice
Waiting your comments !

QUOTE=mattgarrett;3710285]My new exhaust showed up today. It is a really nice looking exhaust. I went with just the standard stainless finish. My tune also arrived today. Hopefully I will have a chance to install this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Old 12-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Congrats Matt. I love the growl in mine

Edwin

Old 12-08-2012, 08:44 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Alright - I installed the exhaust last night. More of a job than I anticipated as it took me from 6:30 to 1:30 this morning. It would of been quicker if I just took the intercoolers off first ;-) I guess I should of read about some installs first but it looked so simple I just didn't do it. The quality and fit is top notch. If I was doing it again I would of gotten new studs for the turbo flange as I will have problems with them if it is changed again. The stud were rusted and bent from the heat - no fun getting them off and then back on. Other than the inside nuts on the turbo it was all really easy just time consuming in removing everything and looking for fasteners if you haven't done it before. I changed it on the ground with one floor jack. Would of been quicker with two or on a lift. I know know though. I had a real busy day today so I only got to start it and take it outside to wash. It is pretty loud when first started but it quiets down after about 45 seconds. Sounds good, can't wait to take it for a spin tomorrow. GMG was great working with. They shipped the wrong cats with the exhaust. I caught it on there shipping confirmation, called them and they sent the right cats out right then expedited shipping to arrive at the same time as the exhaust with a return shipping label for the other cats. Great service and great quality what more can you ask for. I haven't done anything with the tune yet and will report more once I drive it.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Took for a spin this afternoon and the exhaust sounds great! I am very happy with it. If anybody is contemplating and they are near Knoxville you are welcome to come and hear it. A little loud on cold start then quiets down, sounds great cruising and sound really mean wide open throttle like it should! Overall very happy with my GMG product.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:52 PM
plinc is infamous around these parts
Congrats! I was lucky enough to pick up a turbo with the GMG exhaust pre-installed. It's so aggressive sounding.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks plinc. It is an awesome sounding exhaust.