997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dension or Mobridge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 06:10 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
Dension or Mobridge

Going to add a AUX port so I can have some pandora music in my car. What system should I go with ? I was told with Dension I can still use my 6 disk changer but Mobridge you cant.

Thanks for any insight, Suncoast porsche has the Mobridge on sale for $429 FYI

Old 12-08-2012, 06:30 PM
vaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the rough
I've never been able to get my Dension to work correctly, even with ample tech support from Eric.

My unit functions for audio but phone has never worked.

I'm considering the Mobridge, which is a shame, given what I paid.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 PM
djben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vaportrail
I've never been able to get my Dension to work correctly, even with ample tech support from Eric.

My unit functions for audio but phone has never worked.

I'm considering the Mobridge, which is a shame, given what I paid.
mObridge has an inherent flaw that gives it a noticeable and annoying bit of static at one second intervals.

There is no resolution for it. Do not buy a mObridge if you have a 997.1TT.

If Dension isn't working I would try looking at the kits that let you run aftermarket head units with the stock MOST system (http://www.navtv.com/product/218/mos...eShowProduct=1).

6speed thread on mObridge problems:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...erience-3.html

It also apparently affects at least some BMWs too...
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/arc.../t-467743.html

Last edited by djben; 12-08-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Vapor - please reach out again - email is best. We will continue to help to get whatever is not right corrected. When I last heard from you it was primarily what appeared to be failed dealer programming, not hardware.

The new 500S units are working very well. There have been a few hiccups along the way but some resolved with firmware, some were installation or setup errors.

MJA - what year/model vehicle? Email me with any questions - can provide some insight on each of your possible options.

eric@bumperplugs.com

Last edited by Eric (Plug Guy); 12-09-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:52 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
I have the new 500S BT unit in my 997TT it works fine so far, havent connected the mic so I only hear ppl calling. But it seems to integrate just fine with the PCM unit. I see caller name etc in the dash screen.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
This is why I was going to go with a new system altogether. These things do not get rave reviews. Decided to just stay stock as much as a new system would be a thrill.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:44 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Do not buy Mobridge; it has a design flaw that is the beeping noise with Ipod. I have Mobridge in my car and if I do it again, I would go with Dension from Eric. Eric has impeccable reputation and provides the best support that I've seen.
See my review below regarding Mobridge; it's so unfortunate that even when buyers (me) ask in open forum, some salesmen are so desperate for business that they openly walk their "targets" down the garden path with "special" sales technique.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...xperience.html
Cartronics went out of business so unfortunately ALL of their posts in this thread have been deleted, making the reading difficult to understand. So let me cut to the chase and give my Review of Mobride:

1. Bluetooth phone function: A perfect 10 with my Android Samsung Epic. Crystal clear voice reception, crystal clear voice transmission. The mic is best placed towards the top of the A pillar, at junction of A pillar with roof. Do NOT put it in the steering wheel column (OEM position).

2. Ipod function: MoBridge for Porsche Turbo, and probably for all Porsche 911's, unfortunately has a design flaw that cannot be fixed, a faint beeping noise about once every second during quiet passages, between songs, etc. The beeping noise could be heard at loud volume during street driving; on freeway, you will barely hear it because road noise overwhelms the beep. If you listen to rock and roll music, you don't hear this beep as much. If you listen to Classical, you'll hear it during quiet passages.
The Cartronic salesmen true to their talent gave me the run-around, blah blah blah fix this, blah blah blah fix this, making me go through hoops, but the bottom line is, this cannot be fixed.
Surprisingly, it doesn't bother me that much; perhaps because most of my driving is on freeway where it is hard to hear the beep, while on surface streets I turn down the overall voume so I could hear ambulance/fire truck/police sirens, and that effectively makes the faint beep inaudible also.

If I have to do it all over again, I would pick Dension from Eric/Bumper Plug. Apparently Dension Ipod funtion does not have the beeping noise, but I do not know how its phone function compares to MoBridge. I believe there are minor problems with Dension phone, but nothing fatal like the Mobridge beep.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:37 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
I had a mobridge, sold it and got the newest dension about 2 months ago.

Works well... at least music wise. My in car phone calls aren't great... I can hear people fine but they have issues hearing me. Probably partially due to my loud exhaust.

It's not as good as the stock system in my 2009, but it's way better than nothing. Oh, and I'd take the dension over the mobridge.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:34 PM
G-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant futureG-forceTarga4S has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Dension from Eric

I didn't even buy my Dension from Eric & he very effectively helped me de-bug it to pretty much perfect function. Got my system up in Canada from a shop that does the occasional install of these things. The problem is their directions (atleast back when I bought my system) are crap. So is any info they have on the website from the distributor in Canada at least. If the system is installed correctly, it will work just great. Big thanks to Eric for helping me decode that little black box! I use connect iPod, iPhone via bluetooth, & bluetooth phone with my iPhone. The mic set up was a bit temperamental but Eric told me the trick to adjust volume & tweak it.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:18 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by warrenchris834
There is a microphone that needs to be connected and routed into the car, havent had a chance to connect it yet.

But the systems seems to work just fine except for no one hearing me at the moment.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:48 PM
AP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to beholdAP328 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by G-forceTarga4S
I didn't even buy my Dension from Eric & he very effectively helped me de-bug it to pretty much perfect function. Got my system up in Canada from a shop that does the occasional install of these things. The problem is their directions (atleast back when I bought my system) are crap. So is any info they have on the website from the distributor in Canada at least. If the system is installed correctly, it will work just great. Big thanks to Eric for helping me decode that little black box! I use connect iPod, iPhone via bluetooth, & bluetooth phone with my iPhone. The mic set up was a bit temperamental but Eric told me the trick to adjust volume & tweak it.
So did you do the whole installation yourself? I am interested not only because of the install, but we are in the same city. Have you been to any of the Coffee and Cars at Auto Obsessed or Magrath in the summer? Are you a member of PCA?