997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Grigio Telesto VINYL WRAP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 07:51 AM
DARTH-VADER is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mattgarrett
How long does a wrap last? I have never seen a wrapped car up close - I am having a hard time believing it can look that good up close.
They say it lasts for 10 years,but personally i think after 2-3 years it starts to lose colors.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:41 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dadio
That looks amazingly like paint in the photo. Does it look that good the flesh ?
It doesn't look as good as paint. Vinyl will never have the same gloss and depth as a good coat of paint. With that being said, its a "4-footer". From 4 feet away it looks great, but up close you can tell it's vinyl.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Zero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to all
I have never seen a gloss wrap that hasn't looked awful from close up. After time it collects a lot of swirl marks when washed and definitely looks like vinyl.

But matte/satin/metallic on the other hand, those have looked great depending on the quality of the wrap. If you can find someone who takes their time and carefully wraps each panel such that you cannot see the cuts/seams/etc, it turns out looking very unique and great. Not a lot of people who do this very well though and you get what you pay for.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:13 PM
PACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud of
My concern has always been what 24 - 36 months of being covered with vinyl does to your paint. The spray used to lubricate the surface trapped in there on your paint under the vinyl I bet does some damage.

Has anyone unwrapped a car after a couple years to see the effects?

Old 12-24-2012, 05:10 AM
ilhan997 is infamous around these parts
Old 12-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DARTH-VADER
here is my friends m3 cp

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Love the idea. Didnt Audi have a color similar to that? Matte black as a accent would do it up nice.
battleship grey!

Old 12-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Zero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to allZero911 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PACE
My concern has always been what 24 - 36 months of being covered with vinyl does to your paint. The spray used to lubricate the surface trapped in there on your paint under the vinyl I bet does some damage.

Has anyone unwrapped a car after a couple years to see the effects?
Should be fine. I have seen a few cars unwrapped after a couple years with no issues whatsoever. The spray is usually just diluted soapy water and the bubbles always find their way out, especially with some of the more porous wrap material these days. This shouldn't be any different than clear bra. But I'm not an expert. Anyone out there who has more info?

Old 01-04-2013, 01:16 PM
svendiesel is infamous around these parts
What is the exact code of the Hexic grigio telesto look alike vinyl?

Old 01-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Former Vendor
FluidMotorUnion has a spectacular aura aboutFluidMotorUnion has a spectacular aura about
Huge fan of that color!

Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Hello everyone

I am converting my turbo into a gt3 rs 4.0
Why??????

Old 01-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by svendiesel
I'd also be interested in knowing that. Thanks!

Old 01-05-2013, 03:30 PM
dvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by svendiesel
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
I'd also be interested in knowing that. Thanks!
It's Hexis Gloss Traffic Grey, Code# HX20446B. Great looking color. It is also significantly cheaper online through AVS than 3M and Oracal vinyl.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by lardog
Why??????
Because i like the look of gt3 rs better than the gt2 rs

Old 01-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by dvpouldar26
It's Hexis Gloss Traffic Grey, Code# HX20446B. Great looking color. It is also significantly cheaper online through AVS than 3M and Oracal vinyl.
I tried that vinyl last week and i was disappointed

Old 01-05-2013, 07:23 PM
dvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to behold
I tried that vinyl last week and i was disappointed
What were you disappointed about? I haven't worked with the Hexis vinyls yet, but from what I hear, it is a little harder to work with than the 3M and Oracal stuff. However, they have a larger color offering and have more metallics in their vinyls.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Grigio Telesto VINYL WRAP