997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 to 997.2 Steering wheel Swap Done!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:13 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
997.1 to 997.2 Steering wheel Swap Done!

Well after months of research and debating over more bang for your buck mods I did it. Wifes Christmas present to me and the car. Thanks to those who provided input, I know its a "small" mod but it's completely changed the feel of the car. The interior looks and feel richer. Big thanks to Suncoast (Ric) and the Livermore Porsche Serivce Crew (Anthony Sunder and John B are awesome) Before and after pics.

If anyone is interested in my OEM wheel let me know. Cheers!

Attached Images   

Last edited by eurotom; 12-27-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Amit Likhyani is infamous around these parts
please PM me re: the 997.1 carbon wheel. My post count isn't high enough yet to send a PM.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Looks fantastic!!

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
plug and play?

Old 12-28-2012, 10:04 AM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Amit Likhyani
please PM me re: the 997.1 carbon wheel. My post count isn't high enough yet to send a PM.
PM on the way

Originally Posted by White Rock
plug and play?
It's plug, program and play but fairly straight forward.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:08 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Looks much better, never cared for that triangle wheel.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Stroker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eurotom

It's plug, program and play but fairly straight forward.
Trying the same conversion in some days.
Could you maybe ask the guys and post the coding details.
Would be nice to have some more infos in advance.

Regards
David

Old 12-28-2012, 01:54 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Tom - nice conversion. The steering wheel looks like a nice update.

bob

Old 12-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Stroker
Trying the same conversion in some days.
Could you maybe ask the guys and post the coding details.
Would be nice to have some more infos in advance.

Regards
David

Sure, so there have been several threads on such a conversion and the word coding is used loosely. Note this is info is coming from my dealer, if you need more details let me know. Basically you can't just read the coding from the 997.1 control module and write to the new module. I can't remember the term however when a car comes off of port and arrives to the dealer the dealer has to go through several programming sequences as part of PDI. My dealer tried to do a read right and could not get the multifunction buttons to function so they had to "reboot" and start from scratch. Anyone feel free to elaborate or comment.

Originally Posted by bbywu
Tom - nice conversion. The steering wheel looks like a nice update.

bob
Thanks Bob I'm very very happy with it definitely cleans up and updates the interior plus who wants a slipperly steering wheel for the track.... whenever it is I get there.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:39 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Nicely done. Sounds like getting the multi function to work on the new wheel is tricky. I'm thinking about the switch to the sport wheel, although debating if I want to keep the multi function. I have the carbon package in my car. Pm me with how much you want for your carbon wheel.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:50 PM
AllForTheCash is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eurotom
Well after months of research and debating over more bang for your buck mods I did it. Wifes Christmas present to me and the car. Thanks to those who provided input, I know its a "small" mod but it's completely changed the feel of the car. The interior looks and feel richer. Big thanks to Suncoast (Ric) and the Livermore Porsche Serivce Crew (Anthony Sunder and John B are awesome) Before and after pics.

If anyone is interested in my OEM wheel let me know. Cheers!
Looks great. Makes me want to add the multifunction buttons to my steering wheel!

Old 12-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
way more sportier looking. nice job.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by ryem3
Nicely done. Sounds like getting the multi function to work on the new wheel is tricky. I'm thinking about the switch to the sport wheel, although debating if I want to keep the multi function. I have the carbon package in my car. Pm me with how much you want for your carbon wheel.
Thanks .It sounds challenging but the my dealer had it all done in about an hour. Also an additional 200 toward the extra hardware (997.2 control module)

PM'd

Old 12-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Zero Cool has a spectacular aura aboutZero Cool has a spectacular aura aboutZero Cool has a spectacular aura about
Looks great.........guess this will be added to my ever growing list of mods. Visiting these sites is getting expensive

Last edited by Zero Cool; 12-29-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:15 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Looks great... I've had two turbos and swapped the wheels on both... very worth it mod, I mean, heck, it's what you're grabbing onto the most!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 to 997.2 Steering wheel Swap Done!