997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Props to Tom @ Lucent in LA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 03:21 PM
r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of
Props to Tom @ Lucent in LA

I just picked up a 997tt here in SoCal and the previous owner advised me that all maintenance was performed at Lucent.

I gave him a call to schedule an appointment for service and was told there was nothing available until next week. I told him that I was shipping the car back to my hometown on the east coast in a few days so he squeezed me in the following day! I was pleased to find out he knew everything about my car (service history, etc.).

Instead of waiting around the shop he offered to drop off my fiance and I at the nearby shopping mall while my car was being serviced.

Just wanted to give him props for first class service and for being very knowledgeable about our P-Cars!

Old 12-30-2012, 05:03 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
Matt, bring her back in good health!

Can not wait to see it in person!

Old 12-30-2012, 07:50 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I always heard that was more of a Japanese street tuner market type shop, I had no idea they worked on Porsches. Learn something new everyday. Gl w car

Old 12-31-2012, 05:31 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I always heard that was more of a Japanese street tuner market type shop, I had no idea they worked on Porsches. Learn something new everyday. Gl w car
Are you confusing another Lucent - Lucent in Los Angeles has a great Porsche reputation.

http://www.lucentmotors.com

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-03-2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: active link
Old 12-31-2012, 07:21 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I was thinking of somebody else I guess, my mistake. I've actually never heard of that shop.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:54 PM
r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Are you confusing another Lucent - Lucent in Los Angeles has a great Porsche reputation.

http://www.lucentmotors.com
I was about to say...i dont think i saw a single non-european car there. Really just a bunch of porsches and a couple f-cars.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:49 PM
I saw their website, looks good, but for more track oriented stuff I'd recommend GMG, also in SoCal.
Now how about some pics!

Old 12-31-2012, 08:43 PM
Redline911 has a spectacular aura aboutRedline911 has a spectacular aura about
Tom is the best

I am new to these forums as well (and am grateful for them!). I too am a HUGE fan of Tom at Lucent. For those of you on the Westside, he is a great guy to go see. I just bought a used 997TT that he had done all the work on. He took it in and completed an inspection for free when I bought it. He is a great guy. You'll find his parking lot filled with Porsches, Ferraris, Benz's, BMW's, etc. Loves his Cigars and his cars! Would definitely recommend!

Old 12-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Tom is a great guy. Very experienced.

Congrats!

Old 01-01-2013, 05:58 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Redline911
I am new to these forums as well (and am grateful for them!). I too am a HUGE fan of Tom at Lucent. For those of you on the Westside, he is a great guy to go see. I just bought a used 997TT that he had done all the work on. He took it in and completed an inspection for free when I bought it. He is a great guy. You'll find his parking lot filled with Porsches, Ferraris, Benz's, BMW's, etc. Loves his Cigars and his cars! Would definitely recommend!
LOL w/ Tom's Cigars. Btw, I have seen a number of **track** cars at his shops also; owned by experienced track drivers. Most surprise though was the CGT -unheard of for a small independent shop. This probably is the best sign that a "serious" tech is lurking in that shop .

As people with **real experience** with Porsche shops in Southern Cal have mentioned, Lucent is a fantastic shop. I don't think anyone could ever claim to be perfect but his record is about as clean as they come.

Based on direct experience with a number of Porsche shops here in LA, I would highly recommend Lucent also, track or non-track. Extremely experienced, extremely knowledgeable, and to top it off the most reasonable "Porsche-rate" that I've seen.

Last edited by cannga; 01-01-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:39 AM
Redline911 has a spectacular aura aboutRedline911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cannga
LOL w/ Tom's Cigars. Btw, I have seen a number of **track** cars at his shops also; owned by experienced track drivers. Most surprise though was the CGT -unheard of for a small independent shop. This probably is the best sign that a "serious" tech is lurking in that shop .

As people with **real experience** with Porsche shops in Southern Cal have mentioned, Lucent is a fantastic shop. I don't think anyone could ever claim to be perfect but his record is about as clean as they come.

Based on direct experience with a number of Porsche shops here in LA, I would highly recommend Lucent also, track or non-track. Extremely experienced, extremely knowledgeable, and to top it off the most reasonable "Porsche-rate" that I've seen.
Thanks Can. On a separate note, can't PM you given the newness of my account but wanted to thank you for all of your posts. About to order a cargraphic loud exhaust this week - based on your detailed review and Tom's recommendation! Really appreciate all of the information!

Old 01-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Banned
Kormaster has a spectacular aura aboutKormaster has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cannga

Tom is great. He takes care of my GT3. Sometimes he gives me a real expensive cigar.. only thing missing was a nice scotch with it. He is honest and a great guy. Bottom line.. I have been ripped off/lied and mentally abused so much with other shops (I will not say here which on in socal) but Tom was real honest with what I needed and dont need. Did I say he wont rip you off like other Indy shops? Just because we need our P cars or F cars serviced or modded.. doesnt mean we can throw our money away...

Old 01-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I saw their website, looks good, but for more track oriented stuff I'd recommend GMG, also in SoCal.
Now how about some pics!
Here are some camera pics. Its a single owner west coast car optioned fairly well. Adaptive seats, pccb, painted seat backs, sport chrono, carbon wheel, 20" techarts, and some nice add-ons from sharkwerks. I'm probably going to switch out the rims if anyone is interested. The michelins are pretty fresh too.

Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2013, 07:09 PM
I might be intersted in the rims, what are they?

Old 01-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by r_matt_6
Here are some camera pics. Its a single owner west coast car optioned fairly well. Adaptive seats, pccb, painted seat backs, sport chrono, carbon wheel, 20" techarts, and some nice add-ons from sharkwerks. I'm probably going to switch out the rims if anyone is interested. The michelins are pretty fresh too.
Congrats on the purchase. What year/mileage?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Props to Tom @ Lucent in LA