997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Suspenion Creaking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Suspenion Creaking

Since fitted I have done around 5000 miles and the kit has been fitted for 10 months and I have never done a track day.

Yesterday I went to Centergravity yesterday and had the most thourough checkup on my suspension I have ever seen in my life, they are the muttz nutz!

So from the report I can say my Bilsteins are fine which is great news!!!

The problem's stem from some of the RSS part's. I guess if you live in a hot climate and have smooth flat roads you will most probably never experience these kind of issues I have had.

I guess I also have a bitter taste in my mouth due to the fact I had issues with RSS part's when I first installed the kit Which Chris@centergravity and I helped to remedy and never got anything in return for it!
The issues I have from yesterdays checkup are :-

1. Rear anti roll bar kit bushes are made of polyurethane which is causing massive amounts of creaking where as the stock Porsche bushes are teflon lined hence no creaking. (short term fix rubber grease used so no creaking woohoo)

2. As you can see in the pic below the rear anti roll bar drop links cannot be set to soft setting due to the the angle they sit at so this entire kit is not fit for the turbo. (so kit is going to be returned)

3. Rear anti roll bar drop links knocking due to no protection I guess.

4. Front anti roll bar bushes creaking due to the same reason as above in no.1 (short term fix silicon spary instead of rubber grease because the subframe would have to be dropped)

5. Small amount of creaking coming from the rear bilstein due to the damper skirts being caught in the coupler's. (easy to fix as you cut the first 10-20mm off with a stanley blade)

So the advice I have been given for the longterm is to totally remove the RSS rear anti rollbar kit and replace it with stock unless I want adjustability which I do, therefore to replace it with GT3 Gen1 bar and links until somthing better is available for the Aftermarket (which Eibach are currently working on with Centergravity).

Unfortunately due to the 4wd system Porsche GT2/3 antiroll bars will not fit so Aftermarket is the only option, so I will stick with the RSS bar but replace the poly bushes with Porsche bushes which will eliminate the creaking due to the teflon lining.

I am glad that I went to see Chris yesterday as it has made me feel alot calmer and I also get to post all this information to help people in the future who are thinking of going down this route.

BUT this does not excuse the fact that the Aftermarket companies mentioned are getting away with selling you product's which are not 100% fit for use on either the car in question or even the climates/countries we live in!!

Last edited by GTRNICK; 01-13-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:29 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Great speaking with you Mike and thankyou for understanding my situation!

Hopefully we can sort these issues and move forward