997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Upgraded VTG opinion please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 05:58 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by K24F
Right with the idea of no loosing power because heat with big turbos.
But I believe 650whp with vtgs is not possible with pumpgas, all the engines I met, from Rstuning, Sportec, Switzer and Protomotive couldn't exceed 700-750. Crank hp...
Yeah your def right on pump gas. I'm talking about a 100 octane or E85. I have both of those at majority of the pumps here in Vegas. I didn't know we were talking pump as in 91 octane. I would say 580 whp on 91, that's just guessing. Real question is can a vtg kit consistently run in the high 5's low 6's?

Old 01-19-2013, 06:06 PM
DARTH-VADER is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by yumaverick
Yeah your def right on pump gas. I'm talking about a 100 octane or E85. I have both of those at majority of the pumps here in Vegas. I didn't know we were talking pump as in 91 octane. I would say 580 whp on 91, that's just guessing. Real question is can a vtg kit consistently run in the high 5's low 6's?
My car consistently runs 5.3-5.4 with 63.5mm vtg's.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:07 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DARTH-VADER
My car consistently runs 5.3-5.4 with 63.5mm vtg's.

Wow! That's crazy, thats got to be a record for Vtg's. What fuel?

Old 01-19-2013, 07:22 PM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
That's 100-200Km/h times

Old 01-20-2013, 12:42 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone here dare to guess on differences in spool between CMS 68mm vtg's and tial alpha gt3071 (http://www.titanmotorsports.com/tial...30-turbos.html)

And is it true that the Tial setup is cheaper than the 68mm vtg's?

Old 01-20-2013, 01:01 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I run the 63,5 protomotive VTGs with extruded hot sides, i think i have the best 60-130 times on the forum using factory turbo housing. Also there is very low evidence for the 68mm CMS VTGs, one member ONLY had the chance to test 60-130:-)ONLY once!!! What about 0-100 ,1/4 mile, 200-300? If those turbos were good CMS should have test their own car and show their performance figures, we've beed asking for year now but the only evidenve is Kercar's ONLY run!!!

Old 01-20-2013, 01:14 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by milou
I run the 63,5 protomotive VTGs with extruded hot sides, i think i have the best 60-130 times on the forum using factory turbo housing. Also there is very low evidence for the 68mm CMS VTGs, one member ONLY had the chance to test 60-130:-)ONLY once!!! What about 0-100 ,1/4 mile, 200-300? If those turbos were good CMS should have test their own car and show their performance figures, we've beed asking for year now but the only evidenve is Kercar's ONLY run!!!
What's the price for the proto kit? (their webpage is kind if a joke)

Old 01-20-2013, 01:57 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Protomotive is one of the best (if not the best) Porsche tuner in the world, their web page is not good because Todd's marketing is happy customers who bring other. Customers :-)
I paid $2100 plus the extruded hot sided which i did later, i don't remember the cost of the hot sided but that was not much. Contact Todd, hewill be more than happy to help you :-)

Old 01-20-2013, 02:05 AM
Protomotive is one of the best (if not the best) Porsche tuner in the world, their web page is not good because Todd's marketing is happy customers who bring other. Customers :-)
I paid $2100 plus the extruded hot sided which i did later, i don't remember the cost of the hot sided but that was not much. Contact Todd, hewill be more than happy to help you :-)
I only heard good things about protomotive and Todd answered my question via email swiftly, I still think a improved page with products/services and prices would help them make more $

Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 AM
It's 100-200 btw,i am using methanol plus pump gas.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:35 AM
Hey milou
What is your best 100-200 time ?

Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 AM
I think 5,1sec

Old 01-20-2013, 05:47 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
I think 5,1sec
Hey how you been?

That's a quick time! What's your best 60-130?

I'm guessing if it was a manual it will be 0.2s-0.3s slower?

Old 01-20-2013, 05:54 AM
GT32 is a glorious beacon of lightGT32 is a glorious beacon of lightGT32 is a glorious beacon of lightGT32 is a glorious beacon of lightGT32 is a glorious beacon of lightGT32 is a glorious beacon of light
I agree with the commment of vbox verified 60-130, 0-100 ,1/4 mile times as the dynos only tell part of the story. I will be staying with vtg modded turbos as driveability and 700 hp is sufficient for my needs. I wish we could get more info on CMS 65 and 68 vtg's in regards to real street times as noted above as other members that have other vtg upgrades have provided.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:00 AM
Hello Nick, my best 60-130 was 5,8sec if i remember, it should be on the list :-)

Tiptronics are usually slower, faster only off the line, my car is also convertible which is more heavy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgraded VTG opinion please