997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Price check: 2007 911TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 03:37 PM
O31982 is infamous around these parts
Price check: 2007 911TT

hey guys, just wanted to get an opinion on price.

I'm shopping nationwide, CA prices have a premium but buying my first Porsche sight unseen is getting me nervous and decided to keep it locally.

I found a car I like:

2007 Porsche 911 TT
6 speed
Sport Chrono
PSM
pcm /NAV, Bose, steering wheel controls
sport heated seats w crests and painted back (non adaptive)
sunroof
42,000 miles.

one of the things I dont like: car has been lowered on springs.

any ideas on price or buy anything similar?

Old 02-04-2013, 05:27 PM
plinc is infamous around these parts
mid 60s?

Old 02-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Chkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud of
I just (today) bought a similarly equipped car with a few more upgrades (more leather) with 11k miles for 80. With that mileage, I concur that mid-high 60s would be the target. Condition is everything though, I saw other cars at 80 this weekend that were great in pics, but appalling in person. Find one that is well taken care of and you'll be happy.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:10 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
I like this one on ebay with some quality tasteful mods seems to be priced right ,i believe this guys a member here on the six.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...t_19981wt_1182 As far as being lowered i wouldn't worry to much they need lowering anyway,heck i'll sell you the stock spring & shocks if you want.

Last edited by twturbo; 02-05-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:41 AM
Chkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by twturbo
I like this one on ebay with some quality tasteful mods seems to be priced right ,i believe this guys a member here on the six.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...t_19981wt_1182 As far as being lowered i wouldn't worry to much they need lowering anyway,heck i'll sell you the stock spring & shocks if you want.
This car is one that I looked at and mentioned it was appalling in person. The entire front clip needs to be repainted due to major rock chips, there is a gouge into the metal on the front bumper right where the hood latch is, the leather on the interior is miscolored and cracking, and the center console plastic parts are literally flaking off. My wife wouldn't even sit in the car because of how dirty it looked. It goes like hell, but is only tuned on e85 so no pump gas. This is a mid-60k car based on condition. Someone ragged the hell out of it.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Thanks fellas.

I test drove the car again last night after getting approved for it and was planning on signing docs after PPI scheduled for today. I love the car, (but ive loved every TT ive test driven) and doing some online detective work I found the car I want to buy at the dealership was previouslt listed here.

The car wasn't just lowered, it has an ecu tune, gt2rs inter coolers, aftermarket race clutch, other suspension bits... Read the owner participated in bull run and blew a gasket, etc. I think the previous owner took care of the car but drove it hard as well.

The car currently has Psm issues and its going to the dealership. It drove fine, I'm not sure how I feel about it after finding the car and reading about it.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:01 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
OMG, you were worried about the car when you thought it was only lowered and now you know it has GT3RS intercoolers and you're still considering it? Did you get the DME scan for overrevs? Plus the car has higher mileage? I would run not walk. If you get it, just know that you will need to know a mechanic pretty well to deal with future issues.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
OMG, you were worried about the car when you thought it was only lowered and now you know it has GT3RS intercoolers and you're still considering it? Did you get the DME scan for overrevs? Plus the car has higher mileage? I would run not walk. If you get it, just know that you will need to know a mechanic pretty well to deal with future issues.
it has a tune, highly likely the tune raised the redline so dme report will show a ton of over revs which may not be genuine

i would still stay away from it though

Old 02-05-2013, 12:28 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Agree with other posters....Would hate you to have a bad experience, but sounds like you may be headed for one. There are plenty of reasonable priced, low mileage, well cared for 997 TT's out there. No reason to buy someone else's problems. Especially going into it knowing there are issues?? What else might be wrong? These things are not cheap to fix....As stated earlier...RUN FROM THIS ONE! Good luck to you.

DC

Old 02-05-2013, 12:52 PM
yeah, im going to pass on this one.

Just feel exhausting being excited and in a way I was emotionally attached to it, stopping by the dealership taking pictures, etc. lol.

It felt like it was my car already. I guess its time to start the seach again.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:54 PM
oh, I am going to pass on completing the PPI. the car was in bull run - blew a gasket, ECU tune, etc, etc. The previous owner also was posting about getting it to 600hp, getting tickets in it, etc.

Im pretty sure I wont like the PPI/DME scan outcome so I just rather not waste the $$$

Old 02-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Redline911 has a spectacular aura aboutRedline911 has a spectacular aura about
I purchased a 2007 997.1TT a few months ago. California car that was lowered on Eibach springs. While not the best set-up, it looks better lowered. I don't think lowering springs are an issue ... but you should expect to hear some popping once in a while as you turn onto a grade. Obviously, putting in coilovers is a better set-up. I would just recommend you get a great PPI done (worth spending the money). I also purchased an extended warranty (Fidelity) for piece of mind. Just a thought.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:30 PM
vinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of light
Keep searching and you will find something quality and cared for. I spent a couple of months searching before picking up my 911TT. I got a great deal and a super clean car.

best of luck.

-Vin

Old 02-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vinnycg
Keep searching and you will find something quality and cared for. I spent a couple of months searching before picking up my 911TT. I got a great deal and a super clean car.

best of luck.

-Vin
Can you post details?

Old 02-05-2013, 04:40 PM
vinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Can you post details?
Sure:

2007 997TT
Guards Red/Blk Interior, full leather with red stitching and red painted console
Sport Chrono,etc.
1 Owner
21k miles
Clean DME (Stage 1,2, and barely and minimal stage 3 revs)
Passed PPI with clean remarks
Price: $76.5 in Sept. 2012

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Price check: 2007 911TT