997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 AM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ledzep
Artin:

Just awesome pics. Your detailer did a great job. Great to see you again.
Hey Mark

Thanks! Had the car detailed by Bob Willis at auto concierge over in Fremont CA. He's amazing and super detail oriented. And he educated me on proper washing and drying technique to minimize swirls and marring. Really a wealth of knowledge

Best
Art

Old 02-17-2013, 11:59 AM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Going back in a couple of weeks for final alignment. Leaning towards staying with stock turbo alignment specs but what do folks recommend for optimal street alignment?

Thanks
Art

Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Bagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura aboutBagger has a spectacular aura about
I really like the look of your car, man ... very nice combination of wheels and springs. Beautiful !

I have some HRE wheels that are similar to yours on my blue TT Cab, but no springs. I'd love to have some lowering springs, but I scrape now coming out of my driveway. Your car does look much more aesthetic than mine, but I'm just to nervous to replace the front end every year.

Congrats on the conversion, I really like it a great deal. Excellent choice.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Bagger
I really like the look of your car, man ... very nice combination of wheels and springs. Beautiful !

I have some HRE wheels that are similar to yours on my blue TT Cab, but no springs. I'd love to have some lowering springs, but I scrape now coming out of my driveway. Your car does look much more aesthetic than mine, but I'm just to nervous to replace the front end every year.

Congrats on the conversion, I really like it a great deal. Excellent choice.
thank you, very happy with the look of the car after the new wheels and springs as well as the improved feel of the GMG springs, especially in non-sports mode

I've got one more mod coming this week, Rottec rear carbon fiber diffuser getting painted and installed this week. hopefully that will be it in terms of mods for a while

Old 02-19-2013, 09:37 AM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aa909
thank you, very happy with the look of the car after the new wheels and springs as well as the improved feel of the GMG springs, especially in non-sports mode

I've got one more mod coming this week, Rottec rear carbon fiber diffuser getting painted and installed this week. hopefully that will be it in terms of mods for a while
yeahhhhh right, I recall you saying something like you were going to keep it stock when you first picked it up. Nice try though.

Car looks great.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by eurotom
yeahhhhh right, I recall you saying something like you were going to keep it stock when you first picked it up. Nice try though.

Car looks great.
LOL, yeah I'm looking at the techart front lip too . Need to check yours out again before making a decision, the lower ride height has me on the fence

btw dropped off the bumper and diffuser at Brooks Motors, should have it back on Friday with the new painted carbon fiber installed making the rear end look big and fat

Old 02-19-2013, 12:31 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aa909
LOL, yeah I'm looking at the techart front lip too . Need to check yours out again before making a decision, the lower ride height has me on the fence

btw dropped off the bumper and diffuser at Brooks Motors, should have it back on Friday with the new painted carbon fiber installed making the rear end look big and fat
Nice, no problem we can take a few measurements after your springs settle.

Sweet!! You'll really like the look

Old 02-19-2013, 12:33 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bagger
but I'm just to nervous to replace the front end every year.
Bagger its the front lip you are replacing not the front end! Its a little flimsy plastic which is easy to snap on and off.

The benefits do outweigh the $150 a year expense.

Mine has been beaten to a pulp but I dont really care... :-)
You can see where it kinks when I enter the office garage, but it is pliable. I figure twenty minutes with fine grit paper and some bumper shine kit will work!

And here on the right hand side you can see scrape marks under the brake cooling duct. But those are removable as well.

Attached Images