997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Any 997 Turbo S mods worth doing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 AM
fattyk is infamous around these parts
I have Softronic tune & euro pipe exhaust on my TTS. Very Powerful & fantastic speed but its nothing without control.
I recently changed to a set of KWv3 coilovers. Must say that its a must do. It improved the handling of TTS tremendously. Steering respond is much sharper & car is much more stable at high speed. I previously had a cayman & I feel that with v3, TTS handles better than cayman.
Stock power is good but Softronic brings TS to another level. Acceleration especially on sports + mode is very fast.
Euro pipe sounds awesome. No drone & not too loud for daily use. But when u WOT , the sound is intoxicating!
I don't think I will be doing anymore mods to my TTS. Just want to enjoy the car from now on!

Old 03-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Former Vendor
SupersprintEvolve is infamous around these parts
I've just posted up some info about the Supersprint system, check it out: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3785783

Old 03-12-2013, 03:23 PM
kenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond reputekenromero has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 2007 which I have done various mods starting with GIAC mapping, GMG headers and AWE exhaust. That is definitely the best performance for your dollar. The headers may be arguable though. I did have two warranty items that were taken care of without a problem. Perhaps if the engine blew the warranty would not have covered it, but GIAC has a switching option to return to default settings.
A few years later the next move was Champion 68mm turbos, IPD plenum throttle-body and Y-tube, GT2.2 intercoolers and 5 bar fuel regulator.
Now one year later I am thinking of mods that will allow the 68mm turbos to work to their fullest capability.
I have participated in two 1/2 mile race events which is what prompted me to do more mods!!
At Bakersfield March 2, I was beaten by a Turbo S which only had the GIAC mapping and exhaust. I was at his bumper at the traps but his PDK has 2 more gears than my TIP and he took me out of the hole and stayed there!
With only mapping and exhaust, which resulted in 530hp at the wheels, what an inexpensive move!!!!
I've lost so much on my initial purchase that I would rather put more money in it and keep it rather than updating to a Turbo S. The next mods will put the S where it belongs, wayyyy behind me.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JmanE55
The only performance mod I have on my TTS is the addition of the Europipe exhaust and Im very happy with my decision. Europipe symphony is a MUST for our car.
Any sound clips of it on the TTS?

Old 03-13-2013, 02:46 PM
ol1970 is infamous around these parts
I have not seen any of the stats from people who have modified their 997TTS. What kind of HP and Torque are you seeing now...1/4 mile , trap speeds...etc. I really can't imagine it being necessary, the car is so damn fast to begin with, but if a few grand can get me a sub 10 second car and not impact driveability that would be pretty amazing. If somebody has the stats I'd love to hear the results!

Old 03-13-2013, 04:04 PM
amw
amw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of light
Here's a link to a member's former TTS, custom tune by AMS with and exhaust upgrade.

If the TTS does not meet your power needs consider seeing them.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...os-inside.html

A few other notes to make from that thread as well.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:36 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JmanE55
The only performance mod I have on my TTS is the addition of the Europipe exhaust and Im very happy with my decision. Europipe symphony is a MUST for our car.
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Any sound clips of it on the TTS?
Here is the Europipe on a TTS during cold start. You can already hear the whistling sound of the turbochagers

Old 06-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ol1970
I have not seen any of the stats from people who have modified their 997TTS. What kind of HP and Torque are you seeing now...1/4 mile , trap speeds...etc. I really can't imagine it being necessary, the car is so damn fast to begin with, but if a few grand can get me a sub 10 second car and not impact driveability that would be pretty amazing. If somebody has the stats I'd love to hear the results!
Check this thread out...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ck-turbos.html

Also attached a dyno sheet from that same car. I can absolutely guarantee you that there is no other software out there besides our new Champion/GIAC Turbo S software that can provide this level of safe and reliable power.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CMS-9972TT-OEVTG.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	248880