997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Goodbye C4s Hello Turbo!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 03:02 PM
Makbros is a jewel in the roughMakbros is a jewel in the roughMakbros is a jewel in the roughMakbros is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by akacaj
Staten Island, didn't you recognize the bridge? You should stop by great kills park. A bunch of Porsche guys meet here every Sunday at around 10-Noon during good weather.
Will do. Look out for an atlas grey c4s

Old 02-24-2013, 04:16 PM
OCT
OCT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Makbros

Will do. Look out for an atlas grey c4s
Anybody wanna set a Sunday to meet?
We can group as many as possible
I saw some pics from planet 9 about great kills park meet, pretty nice

Old 02-25-2013, 06:55 AM
akacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OCT
Anybody wanna set a Sunday to meet?
We can group as many as possible
I saw some pics from planet 9 about great kills park meet, pretty nice
Thats my group. We meet every Sunday 10 - 12 am at great kills park. Feel free to stop by. It gets pretty busy there when the good weather comes in. The entire parking lot is full of American cars. The porsche guys stay over on the left side.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Saggio is infamous around these parts
Do you miss having White?

Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Staten Island, didn't you recognize the bridge? You should stop by great kills park. A bunch of Porsche guys meet here every Sunday at around 10-Noon during good weather.
Im also in Staten Italy, stay in touch and let me know if there's a meet. Congrats on your new ride.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 AM
OCT
OCT is infamous around these parts

Thats my group. We meet every Sunday 10 - 12 am at great kills park. Feel free to stop by. It gets pretty busy there when the good weather comes in. The entire parking lot is full of American cars. The porsche guys stay over on the left side.
Sounds great!
I would like to make a trip there and take a lot pics for that.
I have never meet Porsche group yet, looking forward to it!

Old 02-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congrats on purchase akacaj !! That's a stunning looking combo, love that interior I would also consider a LED Interior Kit to compliment it. Enjoy and take a few pictures at great skills park next time would love to see the P-car turn out.

Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2013, 10:29 PM
TTG
TTG is infamous around these parts
Congrats.

How was your buying experience from Exotic motors?

They must of done an amazing PPI for you to be able to purchase a used 911 without seeing it.

The reason I ask is bec I am in the market for a TT and by the time I ask for paint thickness and DME read outs most non porsche dealers just disappear.

Thank You and once again congrats.

Last edited by TTG; 03-03-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:10 AM
akacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TTG
Congrats.

How was your buying experience from Exotic motors?

They must of done an amazing PPI for you to be able to purchase a used 911 without seeing it.

The reason I ask is bec I am in the market for a TT and by the time I ask for paint thickness and DME read outs most non porsche dealers just disappear.

Thank You and once again congrats.
It was probably one of the best used car buying experiences I have ever had. Their car did not come up in my regular search (cars.com, autotrader.com, cargurus.com, porsche.com). Just when I thought I had looked at every porsche currently on the market I went on ebay as a last ditch effort and thats where I found the car. Before even making an offer I googled around to make sure these guys are legit. I only found one negative comment from a ferrari buyer which seemed like he was a PITA customer. Everything else seemed good. I inquired about a price and my trade in car value. After about 4 days of texting back and forth the owner finally called me to close the deal. We settled on a price that we both felt comfortable with. At that point they brought the car over to a porsche dealer for a PPI which I paid for. The porsche guy said the car is like new, he also emailed me the report for me to look at. Never asked about paint thickness but after seeing the car I can tell you that these guys weren't lying. It is like a brand new car! Only had 4,700 miles. The front lip got its first scratch getting in my driveway.

There was a weird sound coming out of the engine bay which I cant believe the PPI did not pick up on. It is possible but highly unlikely that the hose which was causing the problem got lose during transport. Once I figured out the problem it was very easy to fix. The car still has one year of warranty left so if they knew about it I think they would have had it fixed.

As for logistics, they arranged the shipping and I paid to have my car shipped to them (in reality I paid for both cars to be shipped). This is where things didn't go exactly how I would have liked. The turbo shipped on a Friday and was supposed to arrive on a Monday/Tuesday and my C4s was supposed to be picked up by a different carrier some time after. Part of the problem was a big storm in the northeastern but the main issue was that the driver did not want to make the trip to NY with just one car so he waited for a second car in Virginia. My C4s got picked up on Monday and my Turbo did not arrive until Thursday. I was without a car for 4 days and I did not find out about the delay until Monday when I called the driver. He blames the sales man the sales man blames him. Long story short I got my car late but it turned out to be a great car so all was good.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:15 AM
Originally Posted by Saggio
Do you miss having White?
After having 3 white cars in a row I hesitated on a color change but on the used market your options are limited. This blue looks so amazing in person that I am glad I made the change.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by OCT
Sounds great!
I would like to make a trip there and take a lot pics for that.
I have never meet Porsche group yet, looking forward to it!
You are in brooklyn right? I think I saw your car on a different thread where you mentioned that you painted your front lip gray.

Definitely stop buy. Its a little cold right now, I haven't seen anyone there in the past 3 weeks. Once the warm weather comes in it will get very busy.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by 1Desperado
The car looks great. This thread is very interesting to me as I'm considering some consolidation and going into a C4s. Currently I have a GT2, previously an 07 tt. I'd be interested in your thoughts on the C4s.
The C4s was an amazing car until I drove the turbo. I dont know if I can give you a reverse opinion as I have not driven my C4s after the turbo. I also have no track experience so I cant really talk about performance etc. The C4s was a Cabriolet also my first manual transmission car. The turbo feels more rigid and smooth on the road than the C4s did. Thanks to the PDK there is no head bopping when shifting gears. On the C4s my coffee used to spill all over the place while on the cup holder. I have yet to spill a drop on the turbo. I am way more confident taking bends at a higher speed on the turbo. There is one particular turn where I remember letting off the throttle on the C4s because I felt that I was pushing the car to the limit. It certainly wasn't the limit but it felt that way. On the turbo I make that same turn much faster and it feels like I can go even faster.

Sorry for the non technical comparison I am still learning about these cars and using my butt dyno to judge the performance.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 AM
CPB
CPB is infamous around these parts
Congrats! Good looking color combo.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:39 AM
rocket911 is infamous around these parts
Car is goergous! Great color! I have Midnight Blue... only no turbo. Enjoy

Old 03-04-2013, 07:38 PM
TTG
TTG is infamous around these parts
It was probably one of the best used car buying experiences I have ever had. Their car did not come up in my regular search (cars.com, autotrader.com, cargurus.com, porsche.com). Just when I thought I had looked at every porsche currently on the market I went on ebay as a last ditch effort and thats where I found the car. Before even making an offer I googled around to make sure these guys are legit. I only found one negative comment from a ferrari buyer which seemed like he was a PITA customer. Everything else seemed good. I inquired about a price and my trade in car value. After about 4 days of texting back and forth the owner finally called me to close the deal. We settled on a price that we both felt comfortable with. At that point they brought the car over to a porsche dealer for a PPI which I paid for. The porsche guy said the car is like new, he also emailed me the report for me to look at. Never asked about paint thickness but after seeing the car I can tell you that these guys weren't lying. It is like a brand new car! Only had 4,700 miles. The front lip got its first scratch getting in my driveway.

There was a weird sound coming out of the engine bay which I cant believe the PPI did not pick up on. It is possible but highly unlikely that the hose which was causing the problem got lose during transport. Once I figured out the problem it was very easy to fix. The car still has one year of warranty left so if they knew about it I think they would have had it fixed.

As for logistics, they arranged the shipping and I paid to have my car shipped to them (in reality I paid for both cars to be shipped). This is where things didn't go exactly how I would have liked. The turbo shipped on a Friday and was supposed to arrive on a Monday/Tuesday and my C4s was supposed to be picked up by a different carrier some time after. Part of the problem was a big storm in the northeastern but the main issue was that the driver did not want to make the trip to NY with just one car so he waited for a second car in Virginia. My C4s got picked up on Monday and my Turbo did not arrive until Thursday. I was without a car for 4 days and I did not find out about the delay until Monday when I called the driver. He blames the sales man the sales man blames him. Long story short I got my car late but it turned out to be a great car so all was good.
Thank you for the great info. I am adding them to the list of potential places to look at.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Goodbye C4s Hello Turbo!