997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Need help installing Rottec Carbon Fiber Diffuser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 06:41 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Hellllo Rottec, can we have some closure or reassurance here.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:27 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Hey Art did you get your money back? Or are you happy with how Rottec dealt with you issue.

Ray why are you not responding to this thread? I'm speaking on the behalf of several forum members who have you product(s)

Whats the root case?

Old 03-12-2013, 09:46 AM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eurotom
Hey Art did you get your money back? Or are you happy with how Rottec dealt with you issue.

Ray why are you not responding to this thread? I'm speaking on the behalf of several forum members who have you product(s)

Whats the root case?
Hey Tom

I've struggled with how to reply to these follow up posts, because as you can all see from this thread my experience, which I've documented with pictures, was unacceptable.

But to help put closure to my experience I'll try to elaborate on it a bit and explain the final outcome

Primary challenge for me was that I spent a lot of time and labor costs to get this piece modified and painted, and I had been without my car for nearly two weeks while we struggled with making it work, all of this was very unacceptable.

Now as you've seen from the pics the outcome wasn't perfect, so I asked myself what could I live with? meaning if I bought an irregular part at a good discount knowing this would be the final condition how much would it be worth to me. So I worked with Ray on something I could live with and to his credit he stepped up to make sure that I could live with the diffuser as is

with that said this thread should stand as is so folks have an idea of what to expect with some of these aftermarket parts

close up shot

My eye is obviously drawn right to the blemish, even from 5 - 10 ft away

side

Attached Images        
Old 03-12-2013, 11:51 AM
P-car Fan is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear of your issues! I believe the outcome is unacceptable and you should therefore be compensated for your struggles

Old 03-12-2013, 03:51 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
At least its a small blemish. Your car looks great Art. And I love the carbon plate surround. Looks great with the new defective part!!!!!!!
Also, I notice you painted the sides kirts as well, but left the front untouched, due to scraping... I was thinking of the same thing. And I do love those wheels still even though I took a step back from the hunt for now.

This was a good writeup, and the outcome has been "acceptable". Rep to you sir.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dianic
At least its a small blemish. Your car looks great Art. And I love the carbon plate surround. Looks great with the new defective part!!!!!!!
Also, I notice you painted the sides kirts as well, but left the front untouched, due to scraping... I was thinking of the same thing. And I do love those wheels still even though I took a step back from the hunt for now.

This was a good writeup, and the outcome has been "acceptable". Rep to you sir.
Hi Nick

thanks for the kind words. You have a discerning eye when it comes to details... The carbon fiber on the license plate matches nicely with the unpainted carbon fiber center on the diffuser. as for the side skirts, that was an oem option so it came painted from the factory

I've considered upgrading the lip but I'm limiting my options based on the following. The car is meteor with black accents, and I like the pull through of the black accents from the front lip, to the center spokes on the wheels and ending with the black carbon fiber center on the diffuser and the black chrome quad exhaust tips.

Plus, as you mentioned the oem lip is disposable and easy to replace if scraped too badly.

last "mod" for now is getting the black lug bolts installed on the wheels this week. That should complete the look of the wheels. I'm very happy with the way the car has come out between the performance and cosmetic changes I've made over the past 6 months. The forums have been extremely helpful and full of knowledge.

Cheers
Art

Old 03-12-2013, 05:00 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
I know the black and meteor combo that has been my strategy too.
I think you could consider black rear fender protection as well...

Alternatively, painting or wrapping the turbo side vents black. Or carbon paint... If so, I would do the rear spoiler as well... My partner did that on a black car, and it looks good.

Attached Images    
Old 03-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Glad I got a set of spacers from the classifieds not long ago, RSS 7s and 15s and they came with a set of black lug bolts... Mine was worse I had black rears and silver fronts!

Old 03-12-2013, 07:38 PM
^^ those are some cool options Nick. I really like the matte carbon fiber intakes, those look hot!

I need to stop the mod madness though and just enjoy the car for a while. it's the wife's turn to blow some money with our kitchen remodel

Old 03-12-2013, 10:29 PM
ReconTrojan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by aa909
^^ those are some cool options Nick. I really like the matte carbon fiber intakes, those look hot!

I need to stop the mod madness though and just enjoy the car for a while. it's the wife's turn to blow some money with our kitchen remodel
Your car looks awesome. I, like you would notice the blemish every single time. After the first picture I noticed it instantly in the subsequent photo. On the other-hand 99% of the people out there wouldn't notice at all.
I really like the wheels, the black lugs will finish them. What are the center caps, straight black or a subdued Crest?

Old 03-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by ReconTrojan
Your car looks awesome. I, like you would notice the blemish every single time. After the first picture I noticed it instantly in the subsequent photo. On the other-hand 99% of the people out there wouldn't notice at all.
I really like the wheels, the black lugs will finish them. What are the center caps, straight black or a subdued Crest?
thank you, and you are correct 99% of people will not see it

as for the wheels, the center caps are machined aluminum, black matte to match the spokes and carry the BC Racing crest. Porsche crest center caps unfortunately will not fit these wheels

Old 03-13-2013, 03:57 PM
amw
amw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry about the headache with the diffuser. I completely understand what you mean when you see the details that aren't up to the standard you hoped for, even when no one else notices.

Still thinks it looks pretty damn good! With black lug bolts on the wheels it will definitely finish off the look.

Best of luck with your decision with the Aerokit front lip (I'm 'modified' on Rennlist). I think twturbo has it on his Meteor Gray Turbo, it looks pretty sweet and all I've seen of it is just in his avatar. I rechecked the photo and the Aerokit front of the lip pretty much the same dimension as the OEM stock lip, the front lifted a bit when I took the picture.

Enjoy!

Alan

Old 03-13-2013, 04:07 PM
DJ23 is a jewel in the roughDJ23 is a jewel in the roughDJ23 is a jewel in the rough
Hey Art, I have to say it came out a lot better than I thought. Sorry for all your troubles, but I'm glad you and Ray reached a common and fair ground. It looks good, maybe not perfect, but only to your eye. As far as the front lip, I've been looking for the last couple of years and I like Tech Art, and there is an Aero lip on Suncoastporsche that I'm looking into. Again best of luck. Hope the next mod goes like clock work.

Jay

Old 03-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Art car looks awesome the last pic you have up with the sun setting looks the best. Have you considered AP exhuast? Just kidding man keep up the mods!

Old 03-13-2013, 08:25 PM
PACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PACE
Wicked Motorsports sells the piece in fiberglass and Vivid sells the piece in carbon fiber. I wonder if those are a better choice based on what I am reading here. I am painting it as well so I don't care if it's CF or not. Has anyone had experiences with either of these?
Anyone have any first hand experience with these 2?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help installing Rottec Carbon Fiber Diffuser