997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Agency Power Carbon Fiber TA Style Front Lip Spoiler Porsche 997 Turbo 07+

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:26 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We did not "copy" or "knock off" this item. We simply bought a product from a manufacture like others do in bulk and brought them over to sell. Though our sister company Agency Power manufactures a majority of its billet aluminum and exhaust parts in house here in Arizona, there are some products that are done via private label or rebranding. Some simply just hate Vivid Racing, however we are doing nothing different then the ones you love and praise here on 6speed that sell very very very very similar part from the same or similar manufacture overseas.

And we do have several of our own designed products - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/s...p-997tt-6.html

Dan

Attached Images  

Last edited by vividracing; 02-26-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Well there is OEM and AM, that i do know and where an OEM designs a product that presents opportunities in the AM industry it goes without saying the AM boys are bound to have a go at it. But, there is usually always distinct differences sufficient so not to breach patent, copy right or intellectual property laws.

I do know that dealing with certain Chinese manufacturers can be like the wild west....especially when an OEM give's an original idea to a certain manufacturer for their own production only to find out later that trust has been abused. Unfortunately in certain cases it can prove a bit like getting into bed with the devil as there seems to be no laws preventing that idea from finding its way out the back door and onto other vendors shelves, re labeled as you so say....often manufactured at a far less quality and quality standard. Now does it make it right or wrong to sell that stuff?
It's a dangerous game to play. You usually get what you pay for....or even less.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by speed21
Well there is OEM and AM, that i do know and where an OEM designs a product that presents opportunities in the AM industry it goes without saying the AM boys are bound to have a go at it. But, there is usually always distinct differences sufficient so not to breach patent, copy right or intellectual property laws.

I do know that dealing with certain Chinese manufacturers can be like the wild west....especially when an OEM give's an original idea to a certain manufacturer for their own production only to find out later that trust has been abused. Unfortunately in certain cases it can prove a bit like getting into bed with the devil as there seems to be no laws preventing that idea from finding its way out the back door and onto other vendors shelves, re labeled as you so say....often manufactured at a far less quality and quality standard. Now does it make it right or wrong to sell that stuff?
It's a dangerous game to play. You usually get what you pay for....or even less.
And I did not detect any hate of Vivid in the post. I will add some levity and recommend you guys package it with your daily softronic package though.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:41 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
We did not "copy" or "knock off" this item. We simply bought a product from a manufacture like others do in bulk and brought them over to sell. Though our sister company Agency Power manufactures a majority of its billet aluminum and exhaust parts in house here in Arizona, there are some products that are done via private label or rebranding. Some simply just hate Vivid Racing, however we are doing nothing different then the ones you love and praise here on 6speed that sell very very very very similar part from the same or similar manufacture overseas.

And we do have several of our own designed products - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/s...p-997tt-6.html

Dan
At least be up front about your Agency Power line. Clearly it's the same stuff that all of us shops get in our Email from Jim Technologies and other Chinese/Taiwanese factories that send Emails saying they have parts that we can brand. All they need is a product that you send them to copy basically:
http://www.greatexportimport.com/s-j...ookieSupport=1

As a TechArt dealer I have to say it sucks for them because they actually spend a lot of money on wind tunnel testing and do real R&D only for another company to just rip it off. And going one further by calling them "TA Style whatever". Meaning the TA is a pun on TechArt.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:59 AM
bumperpip is infamous around these parts
Please note Vivid/AP's brand new, in-house designed and developed 981 Boxter exhaust. Seems Fabspeed is the latest to be "flattered" by Vivid's world-renowned R&D department. See Fabspeed's web site (to your right) which has been showing the exhaust for more than two months now.

Vivid, what you do is obvious. A shame you lack the spine to simply admit what you are doing for a living. The fact that you constantly deny the obvious speaks volumes to how you feel about what you do.

Cheers to Speed21, Sharky, Champion, and all the rest of the good scouts.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:04 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bumperpip
Fabspeed is the latest to be "flattered" by Vivid's world-renowned R&D department.
Not sure about this, but check out the link that Alex posted. You'll note that the Agency Power and Fabspeed stuff are made by the same co in Taiwan. Not a surprise really. It would be even more funny if the Tech Art stuff is carbon rolling out of the same plant! There aren't that many people dealing in carbon. This is rampant in the bicycle frame business; only a few plants are making the frames for all the mfg's.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 PM
classic masonry is infamous around these partsclassic masonry is infamous around these partsclassic masonry is infamous around these parts
price please

Old 03-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Sad that a moderator is allowed to bash people when he himself does the same thing. How are those GT3 tips doing? Thats right they are the same chinese tips(see below). You dont make anything in house. However unlike Sharkwerks, we actually make alot of our products here in house and I can show pics, machines, etc. The website at www.agency-power.com makes a clear statement about our exhausts, fact. We have never hid the fact that some are made overseas. Shark things we copied his GT3 part in china, guess what dude, it was made here. We have well over 400 skus of parts and if you think cause you found Jim exhaust in china that you just cracked a case, you should probably spend more time on your own business. Dont blame us for creating a brand back in 2004 and evolving it and being able to capitalize on having parts made for us or making our own parts. Dont be mad that just because you were a dot commer and had a little money from some computer tech site and now cant grow your business like others. All your cronies can post what they want. Fabspeed has had stuff made there. Who cares! They are great people and smart at business. EVOMS had exhausts there, they wont admit it, but we know. (why cause a shipment of their stuff was delivered to us with their logo back in 2007). You think TechArt makes their own steering wheels in house? No... You think Cargraphic makes their own carbon fiber hoods in their place? There are so many companies including top level companies that dont make their parts in house. Its called marketing and business. But you wont recognize that because your on a bandwagon. I have been to Fabspeeds place personally and you know what, they can make anything they want with their capabilities. Not everyone can have handed down money like some other companies...

TechArt replicas, Hamann replicas, AC Schnitzer replicas were not created by us, been around for a long time. So since you think you are so smart, here are links to others products. The lurkers will know whats up. You can try to defend this all you want. Look at the URLs

Keyboard commandos that are so tough, make a call, swear at me, call me names, prove your point, but you wont. I dont care if your in Australia or Turkey. Call me, so sick of seeing this hippocritical statements by you and your gang of forum friends. Man up.

The Truth! - right click the image to see the link.

here you just powdercoated them so your not so chinese...

China.... We had the same ones.
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=128. Made in China but you/rss/evo did not pay for the parts so they sold them to us.

Since you think we are the devil, then you might as well not like these guys too... But keep giving them praise here.

Everyone loves Tony at precision porsche. not sure if edwin is still the sales guy on the forum. I like Tony, people like them, but guess what, he makes replica parts... http://precisionporsche.com/techart-...er-133-pd.html

This one is good too. I think that is our picture - http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/Vie...A0267BB39D1%7D

Oh wow... a Techart knockoff - http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/Vie...11354D1BD3F%7D

See these rotors? They are all made by Rotora's chinese foundry. Yes RSS machines the hats, but the rotors... chinese - http://www.championmotorsport.com/Se...ts.asp?Cat=257

There is only 1 company that makes the valves for these "valvetronic exhausts" and that is JIM. So here is a link to their house brand. You will notice these same valves on the TechArt exhaust, Cargraphic exhaust, our exhaust etc... http://www.ipe-f1.com/products.php?b...07486784339969

You'll notice I am not on here that much because we are doing business and helping customers not making up things like this is 2006 forums. When the 991 Turbo comes out, it will be in our hands and guess what, we will make a ton of parts for it just like the past 2 Turbo models. I am available anytime to answer any question with the utmost truth and you can do what you want with it. dan@vividracing.com 4809663040 x222

Here are pictures of our place with jigs, machines, people working.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Images               
Old 03-01-2013, 02:58 PM
swtdds has a spectacular aura aboutswtdds has a spectacular aura about
PM me the price

Old 03-01-2013, 03:28 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
We never bought any from China? The only ti tips we ever had were bought from EVO and the ones you have pictured are Tubi as well which we have also sold. Those don't even look the same other than the flange. The diameter etc... there's a reason why the Tubi ones are $1300. All the sharkwerks tips, exhausts, yadda yadda are made right here in NorCal. We don't make/use Titanium on our products. No it's not the cheapest way to do it but hey. All Agency Power has ever done to remove the Porsche tax as you call it is buy Tubi, TechArt or whatever and send it off to get copied. Then you bait and switch into "Buy American made Agency Power". Fine that's your business model and it works for you I suppose but why not just be truthful about it. It's been proven over and over which is why so many of those companies choose to close a business relationship with you. Dusty/rusty mills, lathes, welders mean absolutely nothing. We all have those but those airbills prove that you copy a part or two and get them made in China as it's cheaper to do so. Every time you rip off someone's work and claim you make it when clearly it's a rip off I think people should at least know the truth. The real issue is that although companies like Apple actually design and then manufacture parts in China, sure... you're just ripping off other companies' parts and then manufacturing them in China as well.

Last edited by sharkster; 03-01-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by classic masonry
price please
Originally Posted by swtdds
PM me the price

PM Inbound!

Thanks Guys for the orders on these so far.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
We did not "copy" or "knock off" this item. We simply bought a product from a manufacture like others do in bulk and brought them over to sell.
Dan
Then you should be on safe ground right?

All your cronies can post what they want.
Some one seems to have spat their dummy.

Blind freddy can see what you are up to here and you don't need to be anyones "crony" to be able to see that.

You think TechArt makes their own steering wheels in house? No... You think Cargraphic makes their own carbon fiber hoods in their place? There are so many companies including top level companies that dont make their parts in house. Its called marketing and business.
Actually, its called having the talent to invent, design, create, or better something else the OEM has made, and then take that idea to a manufacturer and have them make it for you. The difference between Techart and these other brands you have mentioned is that they have done the hard yards to get their ideas into the market. They don't need to make their parts "in house".

What you evidently appear to be doing is taking their parts and having someone else copy them and manufacturer them or, buy from a chinese manufacturer who has already done that for themselves (because there is basically no rules over there) only to offer them out to all and sundry to re sell elsewhere around the globe.

You see there is a big difference. I don't see any issue with it at all where you have the approval from the OEM (the inventor) or, have established a joint sales arrangement with the person or company who did all the inventing and hard yards. However, you evidently do appear to be doing as some are alleging, which is involving yourself in the importation or sales of products that do not have the blessing of the inventor/s on the basis that others are doing it too. You see this what i meant previously when i said is it "right" or "wrong" what your are doing. And, it is a dangerous game, because one day you might just happen to step on the wrong toes and find yourself in a whole lot of trouble.

And don't think for a second that because it hasn't happened so far it won't ever happen. Therefore, as also said previously, it IS a dangerous game you are playing

Keyboard commandos that are so tough, make a call, swear at me, call me names, prove your point, but you wont. I dont care if your in Australia or Turkey. Call me, so sick of seeing this hippocritical statements by you and your gang of forum friends.
Someones popped his dummy out again.

I've heard, like i'm sure many here on the forums have, that you have a nasty temper when things don't go in the direction you want. Now that's really not very professional behaviour coming from someone who portends to be a decent upstanding business person.

I've read it from a few of your customers reviews, both on forums and through Google that you get very narky and/or don't take calls when something goes pair shaped. Your behaviour here is another example of that sadly.

Man up.
Hmmm. Again a bit rich under the circumstances. But I will refrain from further comment...

You'll notice I am not on here that much because we are doing business and helping customers not making up things like this is 2006 forums. When the 991 Turbo comes out, it will be in our hands and guess what, we will make a ton of parts for it just like the past 2 Turbo models. I am available anytime to answer any question with the utmost truth and you can do what you want with it. dan@vividracing.com 4809663040 x222
...well so long as these 991 parts have come from your own ideas and hard work then i guess you should be in good shape then right?

Last edited by speed21; 03-01-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Speedtrap is infamous around these parts
Can you pls PM me the cost including shipping costs to London, UK? Thanks.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:12 PM
PACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud ofPACE has much to be proud of
PM me a price as well.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !

here you just powdercoated them so your not so chinese...

China.... We had the same ones.
Just for the record, the tips pictured here are NOT Chinese. They are made by Tubi. I know....because I sold them to Sharkwerks.

Notice the location of the outer spot-welds....which look nothing like the Chinese knock-offs you are admittedly selling.

Sorry to interfere....just wanted to set the record straight on this.

http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...-gt3-tipst.htm

Attached Images  

Last edited by Tom@Champion; 03-04-2013 at 09:34 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Agency Power Carbon Fiber TA Style Front Lip Spoiler Porsche 997 Turbo 07+