997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best Exhaust Sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Best Exhaust Sound

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 997TT after shopping Gallardo, GT3 and 360/430. While I love the total package the 997TT offers one area I think I will really miss is a special sound.

What if any exhausts will make it sound like looks and performs?

Old 03-17-2013, 03:28 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Europipe or ruf if you can find one.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
straight exhausts or Europipe

Old 03-17-2013, 06:52 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Bottom line, lots of good ones out there.
EP is probably the best.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:03 PM
aggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud of
I just put Speedtech Quiet 2.5 on my car and am very happy with the sound. But what sound you are looking for is very personal. You need to listen to as many systems as possible.

Good luck.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:45 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Take a drive over to RAC and talk to Hans...he may even have a few cars with aftermarket exhausts that you can hear.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:49 PM
thackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to all
The new AWE I just put on sounds great...sorry, nothing to compare it against but stock (which is terrible!). Cannga did a review of many exhausts several yrs ago...you could dig up his old thread. Ultimately, I went with my tuner's recommendation since I had not heard any and would not in my little slice of west Texas

Old 03-17-2013, 09:00 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
anything from a reputable company is better than the crap stock one.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:43 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by Evoking
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 997TT after shopping Gallardo, GT3 and 360/430. While I love the total package the 997TT offers one area I think I will really miss is a special sound.

What if any exhausts will make it sound like looks and performs?
Listening to 2-soundbites and 3 or so GMG-turbo owner comments, sounds like GMG system gives the turbo a more NA-engine sound (but with additional loudness) over conventional EP1, etc which all have that characteristic deep raspy-turbo engine sound. If you find additional GMG sound bites (seemingly rare), please post. One thing favorable with the EP1, it is problem free, i.e., no engine lights, which may not be the case with many others including GMG.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Really like my GMG exhaust

Edwin

Old 03-17-2013, 10:33 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Really like my GMG exhaust

Edwin
I like the GMG sound as well, but can't get a real fix on the loudness compared to EP1. Any opinion? From very limited feedback, what I gather is GMG may be 20-25% louder over EP1 which would cause a big fuss at the house.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnww
I like the GMG sound as well, but can't get a real fix on the loudness compared to EP1. Any opinion? From very limited feedback, what I gather is GMG may be 20-25% louder over EP1 which would cause a big fuss at the house.
I have not heard EP1 but from what I've read during my research, the EP1 is pretty tame compared to the GMG. When I first had the GMG installed, it was a little on the loud side but I've quickly gotten used to it and love it. I personally think the loud burping and gargling goes well with the theme/look of my turbo

Edwin

Attached Images   
Old 03-17-2013, 10:52 PM
I like the black wheels. What's the make? Did they come with air press sensors or do you transfer the ones in the original wheels.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:50 AM
wasaben is infamous around these parts
try iPE Innotech Performance Exhausts ... they are shipping for free!!!

i just got mine for my mercedes! It sounds like Formula 1 ... not kidding!

Old 03-18-2013, 03:58 AM
mike hussey is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
I have not heard EP1 but from what I've read during my research, the EP1 is pretty tame compared to the GMG. When I first had the GMG installed, it was a little on the loud side but I've quickly gotten used to it and love it. I personally think the loud burping and gargling goes well with the theme/look of my turbo

Edwin
Nice post dude. I hope BMW and audi sounds good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust Sound