997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Only pdk on new 911 turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Cant wait to order mine now!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:35 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
Wow, you're selling yours? You just finished making it awesome!
He did make it awesome...but I wouldn't worry about him selling anytime soon - 991 TTS doesn't even exist (not sure what the deposit is for). If past history repeats (like the 996 and 997), the TTS is at least 3 years away, maybe longer.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:59 AM
OT997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
People said the same thing about the air cooled 993. No thanks. As cool as those cars were(are), I'm looking to see what is next.

There are some that feel that the 993 was the 'last true 911', and the soul died with the 996.

There are always those who resist - and then later join in the fun, after realizing what they've been missing.

('Vette fans are going through this right now as well)
And 4 years ago I sold my 1998 C4S with 13k miles in order to buy 997.1TT. Dumbest car move I ever made selling the C4S as prices have continued to climb.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:10 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
...and they were right... have you seen prices on 993's?

I'm feeling bad about beating the crap out of my 997 now... I hope someone out there is keeping one mint for me so I can grab it in a couple years.
A 1968 stock Camaro may also fetch more market value than a brand new ZL-1, doesn't mean it's a better car.

People do strange things for nostalgic purposes. That does not mean the 1968 Camaro is better in any way, shape, or form. It just simply means that there are no more being made, and those who relish in collecting cars (like baseball cards) may enjoy the trading market.

There are people who buy cars to drive them, and people who buy cars to own them. Neither is necessarily more correct than the other - as it relies on personal preferences (because the term 'drive' means something totally different to some people than others).

Old 04-02-2013, 10:01 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
A 1968 stock Camaro may also fetch more market value than a brand new ZL-1, doesn't mean it's a better car.

People do strange things for nostalgic purposes. That does not mean the 1968 Camaro is better in any way, shape, or form. It just simply means that there are no more being made, and those who relish in collecting cars (like baseball cards) may enjoy the trading market.

There are people who buy cars to drive them, and people who buy cars to own them. Neither is necessarily more correct than the other - as it relies on personal preferences (because the term 'drive' means something totally different to some people than others).
I think the original statement was "the 997.1 6spd is an instant classic" to which I was simply agreeing with. Everything you have said is correct.

... and now I feel bad for driving my instant classic daily and carting my two kids around in the back.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:48 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OT997
And 4 years ago I sold my 1998 C4S with 13k miles in order to buy 997.1TT. Dumbest car move I ever made selling the C4S as prices have continued to climb.
Its hard to keep them all!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:21 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I think the original statement was "the 997.1 6spd is an instant classic" to which I was simply agreeing with. Everything you have said is correct.

... and now I feel bad for driving my instant classic daily and carting my two kids around in the back.
Roger.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:52 AM
rdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to behold

That is great! My instant classic also gets used daily, tracked, and carries soccer ***** and softballs along with two kids on the weekends! I also just invested in some roof racks and a Thule rooftop box - pix coming soon - but - for you die hards - as one guy here at work put it - 'you are a complete tool for doing that to a 911 Turbo'. I can deal with that!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:21 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
What if the 991 is a 3T (tri turbo)?