997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Updated V-Box Times - Before & Afters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 02:21 PM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Updated Times With Octane Booster!

Hey Guys,

I just got some updated times using octane boosters, I was at the gas station and saw some new "NOS Octane Booster" and said Why Not .

0-100 Km/h: 3.1s
100-200Km/h: 6.5s

Lemme know what you guys think!

Attached Images   

Last edited by Tareq; 03-31-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:04 PM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
Was that a dedicated 100-200 run? 1 shift?

Old 03-31-2013, 11:40 PM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
Smile

Originally Posted by nevert00fast
Was that a dedicated 100-200 run? 1 shift?
Hey Buddy, These runs are all done with brake boosting (Launching) from 0-200Km/h. I have not done a dedicated 100-200Km/h.

Note: These runs are only to compare the difference between mods on my car by doing a near identical test, using my car.

I will try to get a dedicated run with some data log files smetime this week and I will post them on here (Before weather heats up), I have never done a dedicated run for 100-200, what gears do you guys usually do them on?

Thanks for passing by!

Last edited by Tareq; 04-01-2013 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Added a Question
Old 04-01-2013, 06:41 AM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tareq
Hey Buddy, These runs are all done with brake boosting (Launching) from 0-200Km/h. I have not done a dedicated 100-200Km/h.

Note: These runs are only to compare the difference between mods on my car by doing a near identical test, using my car.

I will try to get a dedicated run with some data log files smetime this week and I will post them on here (Before weather heats up), I have never done a dedicated run for 100-200, what gears do you guys usually do them on?

Thanks for passing by!
I'm not really sure how the gearing would be on a TIP, but for me (6speed) I usually roll on from about 70ish kmh in 4th and just do the run with no shift. I also started the runs in 3rd and do one shift, but that actually is .3 second slower than no shift. Maybe I'm not shifting fast enough, this is just regular shifting not power shifting.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:57 AM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Note: I would suggest...if you are going to use a "booster" to raise octane..to find some Torco instead of the NOS stuff.
-also, adding unleaded "race gas" is the best way to safely raise octane.. (I use MS109)

Old 04-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Note: I would suggest...if you are going to use a "booster" to raise octane..to find some Torco instead of the NOS stuff.
-also, adding unleaded "race gas" is the best way to safely raise octane.. (I use MS109)
Hey thanks for the feedback. We dont get Torco over here, Honestly this was the first time using an octane booster, I only used it to see if it makes a difference, I dont think I will be using it again

I will be doing a 50/50 mix of 100 Octane in the future if I do want to increase Octane

Old 04-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Thumbs up Updated 0-100 & 100-200

Hey Guys, I managed to V-Box one more time on the last 30Km Range of Octane Boosted fuel.

I managed to do:
0-100Km/h = 3.0s
100-200Km/h = 6.4s

Weather is starting to heat up again so I wont be pushing the car as much as before, I will keep you guys updated if I manage to do anything new .

Attached Images   

Last edited by Tareq; 04-08-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Forgot to upload Pics
Old 06-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
GREAT progress!

I am set back by the 1sec off of your times with the 997.2 intercoolers!

I am wondering if your would of knock more off with a good after market set such as this member di with his AWE: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ney-begin.html

He is a 997.2 PDK and he upgraded to AWE 3.5 intercoolers and it knocked off 0.4sec!!

I am wondering if you had the same intercoolers if your times would of looked like....maybe 1.2-1.4 off...guys this is some serious increase! Even your 1sec off is HUGE with the 997.2 intercoolers.

I just feel if I am going to spend the money in labour and parts, I would rather put it towards a real good set of aftermarket intercoole, being they give a notable further increase in performance over the already good 997.2 cores.

Can you get some 60-130mph times?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 06-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Thumbs up Update 3/6/2014

Originally Posted by kadiri 997
do you have actually better numbers on emre tune?
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
GREAT progress!

I am set back by the 1sec off of your times with the 997.2 intercoolers!

I am wondering if your would of knock more off with a good after market set such as this member di with his AWE: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ney-begin.html

He is a 997.2 PDK and he upgraded to AWE 3.5 intercoolers and it knocked off 0.4sec!!

I am wondering if you had the same intercoolers if your times would of looked like....maybe 1.2-1.4 off...guys this is some serious increase! Even your 1sec off is HUGE with the 997.2 intercoolers.

I just feel if I am going to spend the money in labour and parts, I would rather put it towards a real good set of aftermarket intercoole, being they give a notable further increase in performance over the already good 997.2 cores.

Can you get some 60-130mph times?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
Hey Guys,

Thanks for reviving this thread; I have been meaning to post my latest results with ESmotor but the marriage life got me lazy .

I am really happy with my new tune; car is running much smoother and is beyond a doubt faster. Having your tuner accesible 24/7 on whatsapp (Literally, I dont think he sleeps LOL) is just something you don't find these days..

Its a shame I only managed to tune my car on the last month of the season (Good Temperature) so I have only done a few runs in order to retune as temperatures are around 50 Celsius by day and 35 by night.

Bobby the results after installing the intercoolers has definetly shocked me; it has been the best mod in terms of performance gain against $$! I honestly dont think any larger intercoolers will make a difference in this weather. I am however considering a Meth kit next; if I will keep the car for a few more years.

I will post a new post stating the new mods and updated V-Box times.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Thumbs up Updates of 2014

New Mods of 2014:

1- VRT Decklid: Looks great however I feel it does affect top speed.
2- VRT Custom Rims: Looks great once again but they weigh the same if not heavier than stock.
3- IPD Y-Pipe: I didnt feel any noticeable difference. Note: I haven't felt any difference with any of the IPD products on my car; however I have never Dynoe'd the car so I cannot say they do not add HP.

Updated performance gains with ESmotor

Notes:
- I have not gotten the chance to test the car with octane booster or race gas, my new results are on the standard pump gas as all my previous runs.

- Coincidentally my new runs were exactly 1 year apart so same tempreture.

- Runs were done on the same road as previous runs.

Results: 100-200 Km/h 6.7s

I am VERY confident that next season with Higher octane I can achieve better results... Shame on the weather.. Stay tuned for next year..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ESmotor 100-200Kmh 6.7s.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	382208   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0094.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	382209  

Last edited by Tareq; 06-03-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:37 PM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
good to see you back on here. Good to see you making progress with performance. My car is at ARM getting massive work preventive maintenance done.

I am also thinking of doing the IPD. Are you using the GT3 throttle body with the plenum? This is what makes the difference.

You should listen to my new x-pipe, sounds exactly like a GT3 if not more like an exotic

Old 06-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by maverickdxb
good to see you back on here. Good to see you making progress with performance. My car is at ARM getting massive work preventive maintenance done.

I am also thinking of doing the IPD. Are you using the GT3 throttle body with the plenum? This is what makes the difference.

You should listen to my new x-pipe, sounds exactly like a GT3 if not more like an exotic
Yo Buddy! Yeah I haven't got the time to post on here since I got married + work is pretty hectic these days.

That coolant leak issue is a pain hope it works out, you should consider the sharkwerks upgraded parts while your at it.

Congrats on the rims btw! Would love to hear the new exhaust, which brand did you go for?

Btw I met a few new Turbo guys over here we should organize a small drive soon on the weekend?

I'm running the stock TB, I'm sure the GT3 TB will make a difference but I got the plenum used a few years back so it was a bargain at the time.

Hope to see you soon & good luck with the fix lemme know if I can help in any way

Old 06-03-2014, 02:05 PM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tareq
Yo Buddy! Yeah I haven't got the time to post on here since I got married + work is pretty hectic these days.

That coolant leak issue is a pain hope it works out, you should consider the sharkwerks upgraded parts while your at it.

Congrats on the rims btw! Would love to hear the new exhaust, which brand did you go for?

Btw I met a few new Turbo guys over here we should organize a small drive soon on the weekend?

I'm running the stock TB, I'm sure the GT3 TB will make a difference but I got the plenum used a few years back so it was a bargain at the time.

Hope to see you soon & good luck with the fix lemme know if I can help in any way
A drive sounds good! will have to be after a month though as my car will be @ ARM for atleast 25 days due to parts being shipped in. I'm changing all the coolant hoses and plastic tubes so that the system will be as good as new without issues in the future.

My x-pipe is also from speedtech as the system is modular.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:18 PM
A448PO is infamous around these parts
My 997.1 turbo full stock run best 100-200 8,4sec

With forge IC's and valves best 8,1sec

After catless proto exhaust 7,8sec

Tomorrow I will install ipd ypipe, GT3 TB and ipd plenum, after make run with vbox

And after install all parts, I need tune, but I can not choose between proto and esmotor((

Old 06-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by maverickdxb

About 2 weeks ago I place my order for another (had the 3.0 x Muffler version on my 996T) 3.0 X race version (no cats or mufflers). I can't wait for it to come in so I can install it & listen to it! Another two weeks that is going to feel like 2 months!!

Being Speedtech is modular, how is yours set up (ie mufflers or no mufflers, catted or no catted etc?

Can you post some sound clips of your Speedtech especially if it is no cats and no muffler?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Updated V-Box Times - Before & Afters