997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Updated V-Box Times - Before & Afters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 02:44 PM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali

Being Speedtech is modular, how is yours set up (ie mufflers or no mufflers, catted or no catted etc?

Can you post some sound clips of your Speedtech especially if it is no cats and no muffler?
Hey bobby,

mine has the 200cell race cats (the massive fat ones) with only an x-pipe.

Unfortunately i don't have any sound clips at the moment as i installed the pipe only about a week back and my car is at the shop for at least 3 weeks. My friends have told me that it sounds like a Ferrari/Lamborghini especially when i go half throttle in 1st and 2nd gear without getting the turbo's to spool. Like a GT3 with an akrapovic. The car has gotten quicker as well. Catless will be even louder with speed tech but I know it will drone.

I used to have the muffler and it sounded good. Not the best sounding clip, but this was when i used to have the muffler as well.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Believe it or not, I found going cat-less on my Speedtech 3.0 reduced the small level of in cabin resonates I had.

"My friends have told me that it sounds like a Ferrari/Lamborghini...." ....that is what I am talking about!

I also noticed that you have TechArt tips, does your system neck down to the stock size to accommodate that?

John is making me a full 3" to the tips with his quad tips that he has. He usually only does the full 3" to tips with his single round tip, but I wanted his duals with a full 3" out! I really can't wait to hear how it sounds.

How do

Old 06-03-2014, 04:24 PM
mtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond reputemtlsp has a reputation beyond repute
exellent thead! thx for sharing
can you share some logs? did 3sec on a28 100-180km/hr with stock Ypipe with ton of meth injected!
all you need is EBC ,meth and logs

here's my logs
http://datazap.me/u/mike/996tt-stock...h?log=0&data=1

Originally Posted by Tareq
New Mods of 2014:

1- VRT Decklid: Looks great however I feel it does affect top speed.
2- VRT Custom Rims: Looks great once again but they weigh the same if not heavier than stock.
3- IPD Y-Pipe: I didnt feel any noticeable difference. Note: I haven't felt any difference with any of the IPD products on my car; however I have never Dynoe'd the car so I cannot say they do not add HP.

Updated performance gains with ESmotor

Notes:
- I have not gotten the chance to test the car with octane booster or race gas, my new results are on the standard pump gas as all my previous runs.

- Coincidentally my new runs were exactly 1 year apart so same tempreture.

- Runs were done on the same road as previous runs.

Results: 100-200 Km/h 6.7s

I am VERY confident that next season with Higher octane I can achieve better results... Shame on the weather.. Stay tuned for next year..

Old 06-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by maverickdxb
My friends have told me that it sounds like a Ferrari/Lamborghini especially when i go half throttle in 1st and 2nd gear without getting the turbo's to spool. Like a GT3 with an akrapovic. The car has gotten quicker as well.
I'm glad your friends told you that because that's what I told you too :-)

The sound of our 3.0 X-Pipe is absolutlely incredible, as many are finding out. The 2.5 version X-Pipe has the same sound qualities, just a shade less volume with no drone, yet it still barks and wails like a Ferrari or Lamborghini...both make driving these cars the most fun they can be...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 06-03-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Bobby,

I can't wait to see and hear some videos of your car, once the exhaust is installed!

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
Old 06-03-2014, 07:06 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
Bobby,

I can't wait to see and hear some videos of your car, once the exhaust is installed!

If you really can't wait then please get my exhaust shipped ASAP...LOL....I am just joking knowing you have your hands full with previous orders and the move.....but if you can get it to me sooner would be a blessing!!

If it is anything like my old 996 Speedtech and now with no muffler on this new system for a higher pitched bark, I am confident I will be over the top satisfied as I am with your customer service!!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 06-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
Thanks Bobby. Yea, I am very confident that you are going to love this one -

Here is a video of our 3.0 X-Pipe on a 996TT - the same pipe we use on the 997TT - just reversed to fit the 997, similar sound, etc.

2022 Cayenne White
Old 06-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
Exclamation

I'm glad your friends told you that because that's what I told you too :-)

The sound of our 3.0 X-Pipe is absolutlely incredible, as many are finding out. The 2.5 version X-Pipe has the same sound qualities, just a shade less volume with no drone, yet it still barks and wails like a Ferrari or Lamborghini...both make driving these cars the most fun they can be...
Bobby,

If you really can't wait then please get my exhaust shipped ASAP...LOL....I am just joking knowing you have your hands full with previous orders and the move.....but if you can get it to me sooner would be a blessing!!

If it is anything like my old 996 Speedtech and now with no muffler on this new system for a higher pitched bark, I am confident I will be over the top satisfied as I am with your customer service!!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
Thanks Bobby. Yea, I am very confident that you are going to love this one -

Here is a video of our 3.0 X-Pipe on a 996TT - the same pipe we use on the 997TT - just reversed to fit the 997, similar sound, etc. Speedtech 3.0 X Pipe - YouTube
Guys.. Not trying to be rude or anything but I kept this thread dedicated to pure results about my car and the mods on the car.

Given the fact I do not have a speed tech exhaust I would appreciate we close the subject on this thread & if John would like to share his product videos or promote it he may do it on his own thread as we have shifted off topic.

Appreciate your understanding

Old 06-03-2014, 10:53 PM
At first I never realized we were off topic that badly until I just re read the posts by Mavericdxb, Speedtech and I.

Back on topic and I digress!��

Old 06-03-2014, 11:00 PM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
Smile

At first I never realized we were off topic that badly until I just re read the posts by Mavericdxb, Speedtech and I.

Back on topic and I digress!��
Haha it's okay no worries, happens to all of us

Old 06-04-2014, 07:00 AM
fireballr32 is a jewel in the roughfireballr32 is a jewel in the roughfireballr32 is a jewel in the roughfireballr32 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by A448PO
My 997.1 turbo full stock run best 100-200 8,4sec

With forge IC's and valves best 8,1sec

After catless proto exhaust 7,8sec

Tomorrow I will install ipd ypipe, GT3 TB and ipd plenum, after make run with vbox

And after install all parts, I need tune, but I can not choose between proto and esmotor((
i also installed the Plenum+TB some weeks ago.
absolutly ZERO gains.
...i'm still disappointed

cheers,
Luke

Old 06-04-2014, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by fireballr32
i also installed the Plenum+TB some weeks ago.
absolutly ZERO gains.
...i'm still disappointed

cheers,
Luke

The person I bought my car off of had the 82mm GT3 throttle body & the IPD 82mm plenum. I would of never of spent my money on them if at this stage, being it would not gain anything much for the $$. At higher hp levels like a 3076 or build motor I can see needed for the cfm of flow and it being a good hp benefit.

The person that I bought the car from tracked the car every so often so throttle response was paramount for him. The cars throttle response with the 82mm TB+Plenum is very sharp and improved, but for power I do not think at this levels does much.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 06-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Tareq
Guys.. Not trying to be rude or anything but I kept this thread dedicated to pure results about my car and the mods on the car.

Given the fact I do not have a speed tech exhaust I would appreciate we close the subject on this thread & if John would like to share his product videos or promote it he may do it on his own thread as we have shifted off topic.

Appreciate your understanding
Tareq,

I Apologise - my fault, I did not read the entire thread. I just joined in at this point when I saw Bobby's post and then maverick, I actually thought it was his thread...again, I had no idea...sorry!

2022 Cayenne White