997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What runs 9's on stock turbos?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
congrats, pretty good times on a simple setup, all the new cars coming out these days remind's me of old school domestic times, all hook and no power. The amazing trans in the GTR/997 makes up for 200 hp easy.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
ol1970 is infamous around these parts
Have the mods changed how streetable the car is? What kind of $ would this kind of set-up cost me. I was debating sending my C7Z06 to a local shop for some additional 200RWHP fun that would get me in the 9's, but now you have me thinking!

Old 04-01-2013, 03:32 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Congrats Tom
You really deserve it

Old 04-01-2013, 04:56 PM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
Great result, congratulations!

Now i'm thinking of putting my car up for sale to buy a PDK

Old 04-01-2013, 05:06 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
I would say a flashed 997TT is somewhere around 500 WHP range.

The .2's really ARE that much better. The bigger engine, the direct injection, the larger VTG's....they all contribute. They're more complicated to tune and work on, but it's all about patience.

Honestly, I can't say enough about GIAC and their contribution to this. These results are pure testament to the fact that not all tuners are the same. The guys at GIAC truly have a different level of understanding about how the new ECU's work and how to tune these more complicated cars. I can almost guarantee that it will be a long time before any other tuner is able to achieve results like this on the .2TT platform.
That's awesome. Congratulations! Can put to rest all those naysayers knocking the dfi engine in the 997.2tt

Old 04-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2013, 05:12 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Thanks to the continued support of our tuning partners at GIAC, we have been able to develop a new proprietary software program for the .2 Turbo which delivers well over 600 wheel HP, and nearly 700 lb/ft of TQ....all using stock turbochargers.
Awesome Tom and thanks for sharing. 997.2 engine vindicated indeed!

From your result, could we safely assume that the upper limit of PDK is at least 700 lb/ft? I thought you had problem with the PDK's clutch discs (or something??) slipping at higher than 600 lb/ft TQ in the PDK earlier?

Fugazi is infamous around these partsFugazi is infamous around these parts
WOW, 9's is awesome......GTR'S watch out

bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Chris
That's awesome. Congratulations! Can put to rest all those naysayers knocking the dfi engine in the 997.2tt
When Porsche Motorsports puts the engine in a Cup car, then the naysaying will stop.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:13 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Nice Job Tom,

It appears you are running 1.4 Bar vs 1.2 on the TTS. Any issues with the AFR?
Did you do a before and after Dyno?

Old 04-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
1.4 60', lol. That's awesome!

Old 04-01-2013, 08:16 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
awesome work guys!

The 1.42 60ft shows that the PDK gearbox and electronics can adapt to the extra traction of the drag radials and provide a stunning launch!!!

Any signs of slippage?

Old 04-01-2013, 09:18 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
congrats Tom, that's insaaaaane!

Old 04-01-2013, 10:50 PM
uaeturbo has a spectacular aura aboutuaeturbo has a spectacular aura about
WOW!!
9 sec pass @ 135 MPH only.
My TIP traped 144 MPH to be in 9's.
PDK FTW!!

Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 PM
uaeturbo has a spectacular aura aboutuaeturbo has a spectacular aura about
yes they do...but with A LOT more supporting mods then we have on this Turbo. [/QUOTE]

Plus big weight reduction on GTR.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What runs 9's on stock turbos?