997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What runs 9's on stock turbos?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 05:14 AM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
great job there folks and looked like no launch control either so there's more in store.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ol1970
Have the mods changed how streetable the car is? What kind of $ would this kind of set-up cost me. I was debating sending my C7Z06 to a local shop for some additional 200RWHP fun that would get me in the 9's, but now you have me thinking!
Honestly, I think the car drives smoother now then it did stock. If I didn't tell you it was modified, you'd probably never guess until you floored it...lol. I would say overall these mods would cost less then $15k. (not including the drag radials...since most people won't use those).

Originally Posted by cannga
Awesome Tom and thanks for sharing. 997.2 engine vindicated indeed!

From your result, could we safely assume that the upper limit of PDK is at least 700 lb/ft? I thought you had problem with the PDK's clutch discs (or something??) slipping at higher than 600 lb/ft TQ in the PDK earlier?
Yes, that's a safe assumption. Originally we did have those sorts of issues, but without giving too much away, we've moved past those PDK issues for the time being. Next step...build the motor...then we can really start breaking stuff! I will say this...during the past couple weeks of testing, we even drove the car for a while putting down 760 lb/ft of TQ, and there was no signs of slip.

Originally Posted by WaltB
Nice Job Tom,

It appears you are running 1.4 Bar vs 1.2 on the TTS. Any issues with the AFR?
Did you do a before and after Dyno?
No issues there. I've got literally 100 dyno runs from the past couple of weeks on this car. I'll see if I can pick out a few and post them.

Originally Posted by 2swoosh
great job there folks and looked like no launch control either so there's more in store.
nah...it was with launch control. The first few passes of the night we tried without launch control to make sure the drag radials wouldn't snap the axles in half. But on those runs we couldn't really get lower then a 10.03. So we went for it..with LC on.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:47 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
will say this...during the past couple weeks of testing, we even drove the car for a while putting down 760 lb/ft of TQ, and there was no signs of slip.
Tom, does this mean that you'll go back to the War Admiral and retune it? I thought you said you left it detuned because of PDK's limits.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Tom, does this mean that you'll go back to the War Admiral and retune it? I thought you said you left it detuned because of PDK's limits.
Well, the War Admiral is long gone, but we'll be using this new version of our software going forward on all customer and project cars. We'll probably install it on the TT-S/RSR in the next few days.

At the time we did leave it de-tuned because of limitations in the PDK. I don't really want to say too much to be honest, because there's no way in hell I want to give away months and months of hard work...but suffice to say, the hardware is far more stout then we originally thought.

Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Japanese Eagle is infamous around these parts
Nice Job!!

Do you think PDK trans is can work with +1000 hp without problems ??

Old 04-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Japanese Eagle
Nice Job!!

Do you think PDK trans is can work with +1000 hp without problems ??
I doubt it...but at the moment there's no way to know. But believe me, we will know soon...

Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !

Well, the War Admiral is long gone, but we'll be using this new version of our software going forward on all customer and project cars. We'll probably install it on the TT-S/RSR in the next few days.

At the time we did leave it de-tuned because of limitations in the PDK. I don't really want to say too much to be honest, because there's no way in hell I want to give away months and months of hard work...but suffice to say, the hardware is far more stout then we originally thought.
Just when I was starting to lose faith in new Poesche technology. Congrats!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:14 PM
tws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to alltws_andrew is a name known to all
Tom
Congrats. You just helped me with my next purchase. I kept going back to the .1 due to the pdk limitations even though I wanted pdk so badly but coming off cars that trap 135 I didn't want to go backward.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
That is BONKERS! I'm late to the party again guys...Awesome! Crazy 60' fo sho!

Keep it up

Old 04-03-2013, 05:47 AM
RollingThunder is infamous around these parts
Impressive Tom. Any thoughts on the increased boost and the longevity of the OEM motor? I have read the rods are not as stout as on the .1 motor.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:16 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Yes, that's a safe assumption. Originally we did have those sorts of issues, but without giving too much away, we've moved past those PDK issues for the time being. Next step...build the motor...then we can really start breaking stuff! I will say this...during the past couple weeks of testing, we even drove the car for a while putting down 760 lb/ft of TQ, and there was no signs of slip.
So this number is with PDK **un-modified**? Wow.
I will make a note of this and quote you from now on.

Kidding aside great pioneering work. I do always pay attention to what you (& Champion) have to post.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by cannga
So this number is with PDK **un-modified**? Wow.
I will make a note of this and quote you from now on.

Kidding aside great pioneering work. I do always pay attention to what you (& Champion) have to post.
Yes...that is un-modified. BUT...as I said...that was only for a short while, and during testing. The final tune will not have that much TQ. During that short test drive there was no signs of slippage, but we are not willing to test the long term effect of that much TQ on the PDK....yet.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Gustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of lightGustav is a glorious beacon of light
Funny how everybody was scared about the PDK reliability and now its not a problem? I beleive for the 800+ HP engines PDK is modified, the CTR3 ClubSport just came out with PDK as well, up from sequential:

Old 04-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Bpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really nice
Great time... It's sick that you can get a 997.2tt or a GT-R into the 9's with stock turbos, just looking back a couple of years and that would have seem impossible.

Do you have a 60-130 time? I would love to see that.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:55 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
Misses Ruf is pretty Hawt!

Originally Posted by Gustav
Funny how everybody was scared about the PDK reliability and now its not a problem? I beleive for the 800+ HP engines PDK is modified, the CTR3 ClubSport just came out with PDK as well, up from sequential: Ruf Press Conference: Alois Ruf on Rt12R, Rt35S, Rt35 Convertible, Boxster 991 engine + CTR3 - YouTube

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What runs 9's on stock turbos?