997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Back in the saddle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Younggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant future
Probably not any consolation but I love the GT2! It had a little under 18k miles when I bought it and it just rolled over 20k. New plugs really woke it up by the way.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:27 AM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Younggungt
Probably not any consolation but I love the GT2! It had a little under 18k miles when I bought it and it just rolled over 20k. New plugs really woke it up by the way.
Don't get me wrong! I do miss it...just not the payments. How's the sound system? I felt the only thing wrong with that car was the tires. Nitto tires just weren't right for the car.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Younggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by drsullivan
Don't get me wrong! I do miss it...just not the payments. How's the sound system? I felt the only thing wrong with that car was the tires. Nitto tires just weren't right for the car.
Sound system is great. I may change the head unit though as the bluetooth has completely stopped working. Tires will get changed when I buy wheels for it which will probably be this summer as the chrome peel has gotten worse.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:12 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
RSS spacers purchased - 7mm/15mm (black) and new emblem being painted. I had the throttle reset at the dealer today - much better - i was getting 15-16mpg and nows the throttle is more responsive and 21mpg.

Attached Images   
Old 04-12-2013, 05:02 PM
boostingwild is infamous around these parts
Yellow (check) Turbo (check) Awesome (check)

Old 04-12-2013, 06:54 PM

Attached Images  
Old 04-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
The new emblem looks awesome !! Very nice work.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:56 AM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zero Cool
Welcome back......funny how 36k is considered high mileage.
LOL I was thinking the same thing. 36K seems like mid mileage for a 6 yr old car, (6k miles per year).

OP Congrats, the car looks great and well maintained. Look forward to seeing how the mods develop, you'll love the softronic tune

Old 04-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Some updates on the TT. I replaced the high beams, fog lights, and city lights with Hoen bulbs. The wheels have been spaced with 7mm/15mm black spacers from RSS. These pictures are the TT outside Evolution MotorSports waiting to be tuned and have the plugs replaced. I should have it back tomorrow. My friend met me at EVOMS this morning in his 997 GT2 with 2000 miles on it (Carrera White with black wheels) to have it tuned, plugs replaced, and cat bypass pipes installed. We will be very happy people soon!

Attached Images   
Old 04-24-2013, 07:54 PM
stltri has a spectacular aura aboutstltri has a spectacular aura aboutstltri has a spectacular aura about
Love the Speed Yellow! My friend has the 996TT in the same color and it looks just as awesome!

Was also thinking of installing spacers, I thought the 7/15 mm combo was too much for the stock turbo wheels but looking at your pics, looks perfect! Do you have additional pics to compare before and after spacers? (stock suspension I assume?)

Old 04-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by stltri
Love the Speed Yellow! My friend has the 996TT in the same color and it looks just as awesome!

Was also thinking of installing spacers, I thought the 7/15 mm combo was too much for the stock turbo wheels but looking at your pics, looks perfect! Do you have additional pics to compare before and after spacers? (stock suspension I assume?)
I don't have any before/after shots of my TT. RSS (http://rss.rpmware.com) is the only place I'll ever get spacers and sways from. Great customer service and great quality! I feel 7mm/15mm is the most stock TT rims will go and not wear on the fenders.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Talisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond repute
I love the black on yellow, but im pretty sure is crooked. Maybe just an illusion, but the right side looks lower in both pictures. Measure from the bottom of the t to the edge of the lid, and do the same from the bottom of the o. I have done it in photoshop, its definitely lower on the right side, but it could be just a weird angle in the pic. How difficult is it to remove emblem? I would like to do it to polish the paint under the logo.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Talisman013
I love the black on yellow, but im pretty sure is crooked. Maybe just an illusion, but the right side looks lower in both pictures. Measure from the bottom of the t to the edge of the lid, and do the same from the bottom of the o. I have done it in photoshop, its definitely lower on the right side, but it could be just a weird angle in the pic. How difficult is it to remove emblem? I would like to do it to polish the paint under the logo.
LOL - easy to remove with dental floss then use your fingers to remove adhesive then polish. left side is 2mm higher (ahhhhh the human eye) - good catch - it's staying as is!

Old 04-25-2013, 01:33 PM
I got the TT back this morning. 554chp/615ctq on 91 octane. I pretty pleased. It is always great working with EVOMS!

Old 04-25-2013, 01:49 PM
AZTurbo is infamous around these parts
I got the TT back this morning. 554chp/615ctq on 91 octane. I pretty pleased. It is always great working with EVOMS!
How long do they see the stock clutch lasting on the tune? I want to drop my car off at EVO to get it done as well but don't want to have to do a clutch, tune, and plugs all at the same time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Back in the saddle