997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Help!! Softronic turn the engine light on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 09:15 AM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
I just bought the car 3 months ago with 39k miles so i don't really know when was the last time.... but as soon as i go back to Miami i'm changing the Spark Plugs

do you have all the service records? if so check to see if the previous owner did the plugs recently

but if those are the original plugs with 39K miles then I am 99.9% sure it is your plugs

btw can you describe how the car felt under full throttle? if it is your plugs you may feel a hesitation or stutter under full throttle in the mid range when accelerating hard

look forward to learning the code you're getting

Art

Old 04-11-2013, 11:34 AM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
Leo, I bet it's your spark plugs since you didn't have engine lights(codes) when you installed just exhaust. Now your car is tuned and running 70~80% more boost over stock. That's a lot. If your plugs are old, they will misfire especially with that much boost. NGK BKR7EIX are good and I just installed them in my car.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Art

I have all the records but it doesn't say anything about the plugs so i'm changing the plugs this weekend, i already have them (NGK)

Old 04-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by swc
Leo, I bet it's your spark plugs since you didn't have engine lights(codes) when you installed just exhaust. Now your car is tuned and running 70~80% more boost over stock. That's a lot. If your plugs are old, they will misfire especially with that much boost. NGK BKR7EIX are good and I just installed them in my car.
Did you get your car back? did you take it to the dyno?

Old 04-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by ysfg35
Denso or ngk !! Both are good to go !
I used to install NGK bkr7eix (2667) on all my customers cars which i tuned by softronic !! With zero issues !
Sounds good!!! (i'm also looking into your recomendation the X design custom muffler sport exhaust from 911 tuning) the price is not bad at all...i just wanna hear it)

http://www.911tuning.com/997-Turbo/E...aust-p-76.html

Old 04-11-2013, 08:07 PM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
Did you get your car back? did you take it to the dyno?
No, it will be done tomorrow or Saturday. I will take it to the dyno sometime next week. I will let you know the result.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by swc
No, it will be done tomorrow or Saturday. I will take it to the dyno sometime next week. I will let you know the result.
Nice!

By the way my z06 was just like yours (black with black rims, 2008) what car do you like better? and why?

Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 PM
swc
Nice!

By the way my z06 was just like yours (black with black rims, 2008) what car do you like better? and why?
Both cars are nice. But I like TT better because it's more refined and tighter but more importantly it's a Porsche! But looks department, I like Z06 better unless spending massive $$$ on the TT.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by swc
Both cars are nice. But I like TT better because it's more refined and tighter but more importantly it's a Porsche! But looks department, I like Z06 better unless spending massive $$$ on the TT.
which one you think is faster?

Old 04-12-2013, 04:26 AM
swc
which one you think is faster?
Stock to stock, Z06 is faster if rolling start. But tuned TT should be faster than stock or lightly modded Z06.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:12 AM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
That's what I do but when I click on engine It says the cable is not ready...
Was the ignition on (and engine not running)? Check that the green LED is lit when connecting the cable to car's connector.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:07 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by pete95zhn
Was the ignition on (and engine not running)? Check that the green LED is lit when connecting the cable to car's connector.
Yes...

Maybe is because I download the version 6? Anyway I already bought a scanner

Old 04-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Originally Posted by swc
Stock to stock, Z06 is faster if rolling start. But tuned TT should be faster than stock or lightly modded Z06.
Really? I think my z06 was fast but my TT is way faster... I think the z06 has a very exotic line and I like it but the 997TT is beautiful! Classic, I don't really like any body kit for the 997tt

Old 04-12-2013, 07:48 AM
swc
Really? I think my z06 was fast but my TT is way faster... I think the z06 has a very exotic line and I like it but the 997TT is beautiful! Classic, I don't really like any body kit for the 997tt
For stock TT? I don't think it's faster than the stock Z06.

I like the stock 997tt styling but nothing compare to modded like this one. Absolutely stunning!

Attached Images   
Old 04-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Forget about the engine light....

Now i have some serious porblems in here, i think i ****ed up the ECU, i was writing the original file back, it was almost done but the internet connection when down and the file never finish so i close the window and try to do it again and it won't do it.... the softronic window SAYS conecting and the green bar doesn't even move....

The car doesn't turn on, do you think i ****ed up the ECU?

This picture is 5mn after you click "yes"

Attached Images  

Last edited by LeoLambo; 04-12-2013 at 06:42 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help!! Softronic turn the engine light on