997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Help!! Softronic turn the engine light on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Leo and others as long as my USMC history is out , somewhat, would any like to try to explain the logo? It is all very fitting and you may all find it interesting on what it consists of.

Last edited by Softronic; 04-14-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Good to see all questions have now been all answered and Leo on track to recovery. One benefit of being in the USA eh....just remove the ecu and get it turned back around promptly. Kudos to Softronic and those tuners that quickly resolve these types of disasters as and when they occur even though they are installation issues associated to customer complacency.

When i bricked my ecu Todd K was also very helpful and obliging and had his method not worked my ECU would have had to have gone back to the states. After my own episode I am confident that his recovery procedure should recover most cases.

Users of these durametric cable flash tunes should not underestimate the risks of bricking their ecu. It is absolutely essential to go the extra mile, get a solid LAN cable, have a 100% full battery charge and with battery charger hooked up, use only a decent spec computer powered in to power source. Shut down the sleep mode and antivirus. Follow the set procedure 110%!

All bases really need be covered if you always expect a good outcome each and every time you do this procedure. It is risk free if everything is set up 110% but if something is not, then at one stage you will get bitten and usually when you least expect it.

If you don't have the necessary items on hand then i would not contemplate attempting this exercise for a second.

Last edited by speed21; 04-13-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Softronic
Leo and others as long as my USMC history is out , somewhat, would any like to try to explain the logo? It is all very fitting and you may all find it interesting on what it consists of.
Faster than a speeding bullet? i'm not sure if i can explain the logo but i know you are a 0317 (Scout Sniper) and Snipers in the Marines are the real deal, very sharp shooters.

Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathc-ock service record of 93 confirmed kills!

Last edited by LeoLambo; 04-14-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Scott

I received the DME and now the car is working!!! everything is good!

Thank you for the excellent customer service.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:14 PM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Scott

I received the DME and now the car is working!!! everything is good!

Thank you for the excellent customer service.
I'm glad to hear that. Congrats!

Old 04-20-2013, 06:43 AM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
I am glad I read this post. I have a softronic tune that I just haven't gotten around to installing yet. The info is really good and I will make sure that I have the right equipment before I install. Scott, I didn't know you are a Marine, Semper Fi, brother! Leo997tt, glad everything is up and running.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
Matt I'm a retard just do it by the book and you won't have any problems. It takes 1mn to download the file. Good luck!

Old 04-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
I just flash my car again and WOW just WOW.... Softronic is the best!!

Old 04-22-2013, 01:11 PM
NTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond repute
I flashed my car last week and I cant stop smiling. Very nice increase for the money.