997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Window woes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 09:50 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Window woes

Ugh, just got my car back last weekend after a long engine rebuild. Car runs beautifully thanks to Alex and crew at MaxRPM Motorsports in Bremerton, WA.

My only issue is the driver's window won't go up after closing the door. I've tried EVERYTHING and it just stays cracked open when I shut the door.

I did a search and found a lot of suggestions. Tried them all!

I've tried lowering the window, raising it back up for 20 seconds, releasing and then pushing up again. Doesn't work. I've tried putting it down, up and then tapping up again. Doesn't work.

Love my car now but can't drive it if it's wet out because the interior will get wet!

Any ideas?

Old 04-17-2013, 10:54 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
The module that controls the function is bad, e.g. goes down slightly when the door is opened and then doesn't go back up when shut. Unfortunately the switch/module that controls this can go bad.

If you're out of warranty should be an easy fix at your local provider. Not sure on the cost.

GL

Old 04-17-2013, 11:22 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
Glad you got your car back, How much HP did you end up with ? I was at his shop and your car looked really good in person!!!!!

Old 04-18-2013, 10:47 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Yeah, let us know how it goes...I may be swinging by there soon!

I had the window switch problem on my passenger door... they had to replace the whole motor for some reason. Anyhoo, it was covered since I had just bought the car a few days earlier when it went bad.