997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Turbo Dyno Day at Moore Automotive in Fairfax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 04:11 PM
SUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura aboutSUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura about
997 Turbo Dyno Day at Moore Automotive in Fairfax

Had the Turbo Dyno'd today. Below are my specs and read outs. Car sounded insane, numbers looked good but need to tweak the tune a bit. Should be able to get another 40hp/tq more I think. Let me know what you guys think. Read out looks a little weird to me....not sure if the Dyno sensors were set correctly.

2008 Turbo with 17k miles
FVD race exhaust (catless)
BMC Filter
Werks CF plenum and GT3 TB
Headers
FVD Tune

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	382.5 KB
ID:	236634  
Old 04-27-2013, 04:11 PM
Here is a pic

Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2013, 07:08 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
I would check out BEHE performance in Beltsville for your tune.
talk to John Behe, he is the GOD of tuning 997TT!!

Old 04-27-2013, 07:54 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Something weird with that dyno, sensors aren't reading right.
A stock 997tt will put down about 380 at the wheels. You should be around 460-480 at the wheels, many variables. Dyno technician, improper placement, not using fans, etc.
If it was a very hot, humid day, engine hot, your numbers would look like that bc heat soak, knock sensors, ecu pulling timing etc.
I'd re dyno at another shop under ideal temp conditions.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Something weird with that dyno, sensors aren't reading right.
A stock 997tt will put down about 380 at the wheels. You should be around 460-480 at the wheels, many variables. Dyno technician, improper placement, not using fans, etc.
If it was a very hot, humid day, engine hot, your numbers would look like that bc heat soak, knock sensors, ecu pulling timing etc.
I'd re dyno at another shop under ideal temp conditions.
It almost looks like traction control was kicking in. My mechanic said that a Turbo needs to be Dyno'd on a linked system because if the front drum is turning at a different rate than the rear, this is exactly the type of read out that one would expect. The other thing that was weird to me is that they pointed the fans at the intercoolers and not the intakes.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:30 AM
Former Vendor
BehePerformance is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
Absolutely, bring it by and we can get you running the way you want to be. Here's an example of another 997 Turbo we just did.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by BehePerformance
Absolutely, bring it by and we can get you running the way you want to be. Here's an example of another 997 Turbo we just did.

Porsche 997 Turbo Behe Performance Custom ECU Tuning - YouTube
Great thanks! What does a tune cost?

Old 04-30-2013, 08:03 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Sub-Zero,

We need some more information from you on the dyno pulls. Can you provide us with a better picture so we can see the AFR and intake temp. line. Or if you can have the dyno email the original win pep file that would be great. The programmers need to see that info, they will also check the type of dyno and will re-check the file that you have. But if you felt power in the seat of you pants, like you originally stated nothing should have changed. So once we have more data we can see what is actually happening and make adjustments if needed.

Many thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 04-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Former Vendor
BehePerformance is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO
Great thanks! What does a tune cost?
Not sure on the forum rules with posting prices for vendors, lol, they're all a bit different on that. Anyway, sent you a PM.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:27 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
God of tuning, I find that questionable...I'm sure he's good, but not the god of tuning.

Last edited by k-ore; 05-01-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:29 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO
It almost looks like traction control was kicking in. My mechanic said that a Turbo needs to be Dyno'd on a linked system because if the front drum is turning at a different rate than the rear, this is exactly the type of read out that one would expect. The other thing that was weird to me is that they pointed the fans at the intercoolers and not the intakes.
With a dynojet it absolutely has to be a linked setup, or else you will get issues w/the traction control and a not good/accurate reading. Your car should register in the 475-480+ whp mark w/your mods. Every 997/996 i've seen dynoed has the fans pointed at the IC's.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:37 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
If I get a chance later, I'll post a scan of a dyno from my blue car with the exact same fvd 555hp package, dyno'd 477 at the wheels on a dynodynamics. Your problem isn't the tune I don't think.
(correction....466)

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 05-01-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
My money is on that tune not producing the advertised power.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:41 PM
My graph from '09 with the same fvd tune as the op. This was done at farnbacher-loles on a dynodynamics dyno, just after the #87 cup car got off. (I think they know what they're doing...) Sorry for the yellow ink, I guess their printer ink was low. Peak wheel hp was 466, hot, humid day, corrects to about 560 crank.
Note the comparison to the fvd graph, very similar.
Hope this helps the op, I don't think it's the tune as this is the exact same one with just a tubi exhaust, car stock otherwise.

Attached Images   

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 05-01-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for sharing Chris.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo Dyno Day at Moore Automotive in Fairfax