997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: Tuners
Softronic
43.20%
Evoms
11.20%
GIAC
12.80%
FVD
4.80%
Protomotive
10.40%
EPL
10.40%
Switzer
2.40%
APR
4.80%
Others
4.80%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Tuning Flash Popularity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 11:31 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Depends on what your goals are. I want to run E85 so it narrows it down to Protomotive, Switzer, and possibly AMS for me.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:52 PM
porscheologist is infamous around these parts
Softronic all the way and Dan from Vivid-Racing is a fantastic person to work with

Old 05-09-2013, 01:29 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21

This is the dilemna.....few come forward on the open forums. Many wish to keep their mistakes more private than others. I did raise a few concerns in another thread about this after i had received a set of feedback from users that had experienced a few tunes and had changed to what they felt were far greener pastures. Maybe the better thread for the OP would be to ask has anyone had problems that made them change tunes and to answer by PM only on the basis their info would be kept private and confidential and not misused in the wrong way at any later stage. One could always further their investigations from that point to check bona fides to ensure any negative info is in fact kosher. As you are openly heavily pro softronic i doubt anyone would be openly forthcomming to you Leo as they would know your intentions with any information
they may wish to be kept private. I suspect if you didn't had a tune and were seeking such advice then you may well find the results/responses different. Please note that i am not directing this at softronic per say nor wish to cast any dispersions over anyones tune offerings. Just that there users i am personally aware of out there that have changed tunes for various reasons. So there is differences between tunes....well so they have certainly found. I recall one user reporting in a very recent thread that changed his FVD for an EPL and found it superior in every way. You may recall the thread? If not i can link it for you.
Hi Paul,

As you know I don't really have a lot of experience in tunes but let me just add something.

1 or 2 months ago I wasn't "openly heavenly pro Softronic" I asked all of you guys in the other forum what would be the best and more convenient tune for my car and almost everybody recommended me Softronic, I didn't even know where to get it so I bought it from Vividagency, I was a retard and I spoil the process when I was flashing my car and my DME wasn't writing any files anymore (you were helping me to try to get it back to normal) we couldn't do it and next day ;Sunday at 9am :-/ ) Scott contacted me and asked me to send him my DME, i sent it to him, in one day he fixed and send it back to me OVERNIGHT!! without asking me to pay for anything! NOT even shipping... That's when I became openly PRO SOFTRONIC, I just believe in loyalty and SCOTT really earn my business and my recommendations.

This is not different than you with EP ;-) I'm actually thinking about getting it because you and many others strongly recommended

Originally Posted by speed21
That's not to say a cheaper tune isn't any good or doesn't perform. But to say the cheaper tune will perform the same or better than another more expensive tune is something that to this date i am yet to hear any one report that. The feedback 99% of the time has shown that the additional spend has in fact produced a superior outcome for the user. In a metaphorical sense it's a bit like comparing a chinese copy to an OEM part. They may both work in the same application but one will outperform and/or outlast the other....hence you get what you pay for.....even if it is only marginally more from a cost perspective. More often than not the marginally more expensive item has been sacrificed immensly in a bid to compete in a toxic market. As a component supplier I can vouch for that where some (most) of the OE parts that we sell up against chinese crap we are having to discount the crap out them just to maintain stock movement. It's a crying shame when we look at the margins but what are the options? So many customers today buy purely on price and get far too caught up in a flashy warranty or excessively indulgent customer service regime. Not saying this applies here either....but just saying it goes on a hell of a lot these days. The guy selling crap is making far more profit that the guy selling the good stuff so he can afford to be a hero all the time when things go inevitably pear shaped.. Boy doesnt that apply a lot these days. Sometimes you have to ask yourself why do i bother offering good stuff when people just want to buy ****....and believe it's brilliant....or better than the expensive good stuff. Crazy...

Where a tune is concerned, from the information i have come across it seems that same principle also applies. I see it again as just another one of those cases where what one doesn't know is actually better than finding out because when one does, they then feel inclined to change up....or feel shafted lol. Ever heard the saying apples and oranges???

I believe in reviews ....

I had every air intake in my car and none of them work.... However if I had to pick one for better performance, I will pick Fabspeed Hot air intake... It was only $750 and the car felt a littler better (the trotter ) right now I have Werks 1 air intake and thank god I didn't pay $3500 because it will be the biggest wasted of money ever... It's not bad but it doesn't do anything other than looks.

So cheap could actually mean better... I strongly believe in people reviews that's why I joined this forum and that's why I agree with this poll.

By the way there is a reason why Softronic have 40/ of the votes so far....

Last edited by LeoLambo; 05-09-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:57 AM
CrazyMD is infamous around these partsCrazyMD is infamous around these parts
Using softronic on my 2012 Turbo. For me the fact that I could put the car back to stock anytime I want in my garage sold me. I looked at GIAC, they give you a switcher to switch between modes...but that just switches between a file that is already loaded into the DME. So I dont believe it truly puts the DME back to stock. With the softronic you can reload your original file. Also, I'm running 91 gas and have stock plugs and no check engine light etc. It's possible another tune may have got me even more power etc... but I'm not too worried about minor HP gains by another tune especially since my car with the softronic tune runs perfect. Again what sold me was being able to do it at my house.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:54 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 2009 Turbo and the softronic tune made a dramatic impact.

I think all tunes will have a positive outcome, but from personal experience, vivid racing did a good job of follow up and help with questions during install.

Mike

Old 05-09-2013, 07:15 AM
G911 is a glorious beacon of lightG911 is a glorious beacon of lightG911 is a glorious beacon of lightG911 is a glorious beacon of lightG911 is a glorious beacon of lightG911 is a glorious beacon of light
I try many tunes and all is sample. If you from USA go to: protomotive or giac or evoms. If you from other country, go to PP-Perdormance.
Softronic it's easy way to tune but not the best one! Believe me. But if you wand softronic.... Don't buy from vividracing. They drop people!

Last edited by G911; 05-09-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
I had every air intake in my car and none of them work.... However if I had to pick one for better performance, I will pick Fabspeed Hot air intake... It was only $750 and the car felt a littler better (the trotter ) right now I have Werks 1 air intake and thank god I didn't pay $3500 because it will be the biggest wasted of money ever... It's not bad but it doesn't do anything other than looks.
You keep saying this, but you have ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE to back up your claim. That airbox IS PROVEN to make power. Does it give you 100 hp, no. But it is absolutely is proven to provide up to 40% more intake air then the stock airbox. Maybe you don't feel the difference with your stock turbos...but you shouldn't make comments like this until you can prove it.

If you're not happy with it then get rid of it, sell it, throw it in the ocean for all I care.... but stop bashing the product in the open forums without any single shred of evidence to back up your claim.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:25 AM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
right now I have Werks 1 air intake and thank god I didn't pay $3500 because it will be the biggest wasted of money ever... It's not bad but it doesn't do anything other than looks.
So you say the Werks1 intake is "the biggest waste of money ever"

Yet, in a PM to me only hours prior you say:

"Quote:
Originally Posted by TighTT
Hey,

Any word in the repaired Werks1 intake??
Hi

Yes I got it back... But I gonna keep it for now... I spent too much money on it and My tuner told me to keep it.

Thank you"

Odd.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:33 AM
GU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really niceGU10TG is just really nice
Softronic definitely gets kudos from me.

In addition to Softronic, I've personally used both TPC and FVD software on my 911s, and Softronic is the clear leader in performance, reliability, consistency, and personalized support.

Thanks,
cdw

Last edited by GU10TG; 05-09-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion

You keep saying this, but you have ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE to back up your claim. That airbox IS PROVEN to make power. Does it give you 100 hp, no. But it is absolutely is proven to provide up to 40% more intake air then the stock airbox. Maybe you don't feel the difference with your stock turbos...but you shouldn't make comments like this until you can prove it.

If you're not happy with it then get rid of it, sell it, throw it in the ocean for all I care.... but stop bashing the product in the open forums without any single shred of evidence to back up your claim.
With upgrade Turbos maybe is a must to have it! I can't say anything about that because I have stock turbos, I'm sure with bigger turbos is more functional but for my level with stock turbos, tune file & exhaust is just not necessary there is better upgrades you can do with that money like better intercoolers! But anyway I don't wanna spoil this Poll and talk about something different.

If you want we can open another thread and just talk about it.

Last edited by LeoLambo; 05-09-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic

"Quote:
Hey,

Hi

Yes I got it back... But I gonna keep it for now... I spent too much money on it and My tuner told me to keep it.

Thank you"

Odd.
1- When I said my Tuner I'm not talking about Scoot , I'm talking about the guy who flash my car with Softronic, after I damage my DME I didn't wanna do it myself anymore.

2- I was gonna sale it to you but after I had to spend almost $600 to get it fix, I didn't wanna sale it for $1500 anymore (I paid $1200 + new BMC filter from Champion $250 + $600 to get it fixed) I still have it and if you are gonna pay me $2050 for a Werks1 airbox (with a CF patch) I be more than happy to give it to you (I won't accept any returns)

AGAIN I don't wanna be the reason to destroy this excellent thread so let go back to the Subject.

Tuning Flash POPULARITY

Last edited by LeoLambo; 05-09-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Lets stay on topic of the flash so the OP can get the info they need Still love ya though!

Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Talisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond repute

"Quote:
Hey,

Hi

Thank you"

Odd.
Wow, not cool at all to post someones "Private" message in open forum without discussing with them 1st. Not too mention he didn't say it was good in his PM, he simply mentioned his tuner said to keep it.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:40 PM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Talisman013
Wow, not cool at all to post someones "Private" message in open forum without discussing with them 1st. Not too mention he didn't say it was good in his PM, he simply mentioned his tuner said to keep it.
All I can say is when someone is unethical to me, all bets are off.

As others said...lets get back on topic. Tunes are the name of the game.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic

All I can say is when someone is unethical to me, all bets are off..
Unethical because I refund your money because I won't sale a broken product? I had done more than 10 different deals for parts in the forum and never had a problem.

As I said $2050 and you will get the Air intake, but return will not be accept it if not I prefer to keep it even if is only for looks or maybe I will throw it in the ocean like Tom suggested.

Lets go back on the topic.

Last edited by LeoLambo; 05-09-2013 at 03:06 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tuning Flash Popularity