997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: Tuners
Softronic
43.20%
Evoms
11.20%
GIAC
12.80%
FVD
4.80%
Protomotive
10.40%
EPL
10.40%
Switzer
2.40%
APR
4.80%
Others
4.80%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Tuning Flash Popularity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 04:48 PM
NTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond reputeNTIMD8 has a reputation beyond repute
I went with softronic from Vivid and couldnt be happier. Had a major misfire with the stock plugs at 4200RPM but I knew that would happen I just wanted to install the tune to make sure it uploaded okay and I couldnt wait till I did the plugs (like a kid on Christmas morning). With the colder plugs and the tune the car runs amazing!

Old 05-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NTIMD8
I went with softronic from Vivid and couldnt be happier. Had a major misfire with the stock plugs at 4200RPM but I knew that would happen I just wanted to install the tune to make sure it uploaded okay and I couldnt wait till I did the plugs (like a kid on Christmas morning). With the colder plugs and the tune the car runs amazing!
Same here, but I can't complain about Dan because he sold me the software with the spark plugs so I knew it will happen.... I already change my plugs and never had a problem again

Old 05-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Thanks guys, we do provide a great service and owning the cars helps with advice!

Old 05-10-2013, 01:12 PM
reacher is infamous around these parts
I just got a GIAC tune along with a GMG exhaust, and so far I love it. It runs smoother than stock in my opinion. I haven't tried any cars with other tunes to compare, I just went with what my installer recommended. GIAC + GMG seem to work together a lot from what I've read, so it should be a good combo.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:06 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by reacher
I just got a GIAC tune along with a GMG exhaust, and so far I love it. It runs smoother than stock in my opinion. I haven't tried any cars with other tunes to compare, I just went with what my installer recommended. GIAC + GMG seem to work together a lot from what I've read, so it should be a good combo.
Who did the install for you??

Old 05-10-2013, 02:56 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
You keep saying this, but you have ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE to back up your claim. That airbox IS PROVEN to make power. Does it give you 100 hp, no. But it is absolutely is proven to provide up to 40% more intake air then the stock airbox. Maybe you don't feel the difference with your stock turbos...but you shouldn't make comments like this until you can prove it.

If you're not happy with it then get rid of it, sell it, throw it in the ocean for all I care.... but stop bashing the product in the open forums without any single shred of evidence to back up your claim.
Its an open forum and I think he is in his right to "bash" it if that how he feels, if he wasnt allowed to it wouldnt be an "open" forum.

But a vendor telling a member what and how they are "allowed" to post is just wrong imo, even if Leo is wrong and you are right...

Old 05-10-2013, 03:12 PM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
Is there any 100-200km or 60-130 numbers on cars with just exhaust and a softtronic tune?

Old 05-10-2013, 05:34 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
Its an open forum and I think he is in his right to "bash" it if that how he feels, if he wasnt allowed to it wouldnt be an "open" forum.

But a vendor telling a member what and how they are "allowed" to post is just wrong imo, even if Leo is wrong and you are right...
To have any credibility, evidence should always be presented. Otherwise, it's just opinion and innuendo. I'm not going to delete or edit someone's thread if it's an opinion, but if an an accusation that damages someone's reputation, there had better be some evidence.

As far as "open forum," by joining this site, you agreed to the terms of service, link is on the bottom.

http://www.internetbrands.com/ib/ter...peedonline.com

Without limiting the foregoing, the following behaviors are strictly prohibited:

* Libelous, defamatory or otherwise tortious language

Old 05-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu

To have any credibility, evidence should always be presented. Otherwise, it's just opinion and innuendo. I'm not going to delete or edit someone's thread if it's an opinion, but if an an accusation that damages someone's reputation, there had better be some evidence.

As far as "open forum," by joining this site, you agreed to the terms of service, link is on the bottom.

http://www.internetbrands.com/ib/ter...peedonline.com

Without limiting the foregoing, the following behaviors are strictly prohibited:

* Libelous, defamatory or otherwise tortious language
I have the Air intake in my car.... That should be good enough for me to have a valid opinion of the product.

Attached Images   

Last edited by LeoLambo; 05-10-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:06 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
I have the Air intake in my car.... That should be good enough for me to have a valid opinion of the product.
+1 and I never did come across a single post or shread of evidence that any intake added any kind of performance on a stock/vtg car.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:57 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !

+1 and I never did come across a single post or shread of evidence that any intake added any kind of performance on a stock/vtg car.
Neither have I. I don't have a problem with what has been posted, nor do I have no dog in this hunt and agree that vendors are should be held to the same level to support their claims on products they sell.

I am specifically addressing your point about an "open" forum.

Last edited by bbywu; 05-11-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by bbywu
Neither have I. I don't have a problem with what has been posted, nor do I have no dog in this hunt and agree that vendors are should be held to the same level to support their claims on products they sell.

I am specifically addressing your point about an "open" forum.
IMO the worst thing that can happen on any forum is when vendors manages to push forum admins to sensor discusion and/or remove posts by members. Not saying it happens here, but it does on ie e90post alot.

I also think a member must have more leaway than a vendor in regards to wording etc, other members are capable to "filter" other members posts if they are to aggresive or written in affect.

And I would really like to see vendors posting dynos with baselines for each and every mod not just their pre-packaged "kits", take the intake mentioned by Leo, if the manufacturer had provided dynos with it on an otherwise stock+tune car this discusion wouldnt exist, nor the numerous intercooler threads...

Old 05-11-2013, 10:00 AM
IMO the worst thing that can happen on any forum is when vendors manages to push forum admins to sensor discusion and/or remove posts by members. Not saying it happens here, but it does on ie e90post alot.

I also think a member must have more leaway than a vendor in regards to wording etc, other members are capable to "filter" other members posts if they are to aggresive or written in affect.

And I would really like to see vendors posting dynos with baselines for each and every mod not just their pre-packaged "kits", take the intake mentioned by Leo, if the manufacturer had provided dynos with it on an otherwise stock+tune car this discusion wouldnt exist, nor the numerous intercooler threads...
I completely understand your concern. In the past 2 years, the moderators have left threads and complaints toward vendors open and tried hard to moderate without editing or deleting threads - I think an open discussion is important - but preferably evidence based.

Last edited by bbywu; 05-11-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:35 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
OP -- if you haven't done so already, contact/call all the vendors and figure out which one you feel most comfortable working with. It's not just about the transaction but it's a relationship. All these products are good. Anyone will sell you a product but it's what goes on before, during, and after that is the distinguishing factor.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:15 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like I am in the "other" category with a "Sportec" tune.
What do you other 3 guys have?

Does anyone have any feelings one way or the other on Sportec?

Walt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tuning Flash Popularity