997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: Tuners
Softronic
43.20%
Evoms
11.20%
GIAC
12.80%
FVD
4.80%
Protomotive
10.40%
EPL
10.40%
Switzer
2.40%
APR
4.80%
Others
4.80%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Tuning Flash Popularity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 10:58 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Tuning Flash Popularity

I have decided to flash my car and want to do a poll on what's majority are using?
So instead of having to read pages and pages of debates over tuners. Just to get more confused in the end.
One can just look at the poll and see what's available and what's the most popular.

Last edited by vincentdds; 05-09-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:19 AM
thackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to all
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I have decided to flash my car and want to do a poll on what's majority are using?
Majority are likely using softronic since cheapest. If you really want to know what's up, limit your poll to those who have tried more than one tune, otherwise people will just vote for the one they have. I have EVOMSit and like it. The tuner I went through primarily uses APR and EVOMS. The tech who tuned and worked on my car prefers the large midrange torque of APR but I wanted something more linear to hold closer to redline. APR will be and feel faster in most driving situation though. Also look at upgradability. Some tuners have files to handle more supporting mods... another ding against APR for me.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:57 AM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Uh oh, these threads get shut down every week in the 996 section.. Find a tuner thats local. I vote EPL when it comes to custom tuning.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:59 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
I've had good luck with Softronic on my 09TT & 11TT.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:01 PM
mikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by thackl
Majority are likely using softronic since cheapest. If you really want to know what's up, limit your poll to those who have tried more than one tune, otherwise people will just vote for the one they have. I have EVOMSit and like it. The tuner I went through primarily uses APR and EVOMS. The tech who tuned and worked on my car prefers the large midrange torque of APR but I wanted something more linear to hold closer to redline. APR will be and feel faster in most driving situation though. Also look at upgradability. Some tuners have files to handle more supporting mods... another ding against APR for me.

Exactly what this guy said, softronic will win on this board.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:22 PM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by salerno713
Uh oh, these threads get shut down every week in the 996 section.. Find a tuner thats local. I vote EPL when it comes to custom tuning.
I'm dying to try out EPL's custom tune, but at $2xxx a pop it's hard to tune a car that's already tuned and running strong.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:23 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Rather than asking opinions and I just want to know what majority people have. Not why they have it and so on....

Old 05-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
For what it's worth, GIAC is my choice, for a few reasons.

We do all of our custom tuning for special projects with GIAC. We also use their software exclusively with all of our naturally aspirated and turbo power kits. They're also the only tuner that falls under our Champion Motorsport warranty, which covers your factory warranty in the case of any type of failure.

If price is your primary concern, there are better choices. But I honestly and truly believe that there isn't another tuner out there who can offer the same type of expertise. My .02 cents...

Old 05-07-2013, 12:37 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Etg

ETG 6 speedonline Sponsor.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Times sure have changed in the Porsche tuning world. Back in the air-cooled days Ruf was pretty much the only Tuner to go with ...
Than GIAC/Evoms and Protomotive was the most popular when the 996 TT first came out.
Now looks like it's mostly Softronic ....Must be their ability to flash thru OBDII

Old 05-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Fugazi is infamous around these partsFugazi is infamous around these parts
I thought Switzer uses Softtronic

Old 05-08-2013, 03:16 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jmane55
i've had good luck with softronic on my 09tt & 11tt.
+1 :-)

Old 05-08-2013, 04:42 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Rather than asking opinions and I just want to know what majority people have. Not why they have it and so on....
Ok. So a majority is a deciding factor? If so why?

I think it goes without saying a cheaper price will always yield more buyers no matter what the product. I mean how many of us (myself included) have bought on price at one point hoping to get the same or better than say the more expensively priced product? But how do user numbers differentiate superiority, quality or actual difference?

Times sure have changed in the Porsche tuning world. Back in the air-cooled days Ruf was pretty much the only Tuner to go with ...
Than GIAC/Evoms and Protomotive was the most popular when the 996 TT first came out.

Now looks like it's mostly Softronic ....Must be their ability to flash thru OBDII
...well no, because there are a few tuners that use the OBDII cable as well. So again price and numbers come into it without taking any quantifiable (or real world differences) and other benefits into consideration.

Im confused. Is it that you just want to know exactly how many members buy on price? ...or, how many of us buy with expectations beyond the realms of the product? Or...some other reason?

No offence intended nor wish to rock the boat. Just that I can understand one of the tune sponsors putting this kind of thread up as a marketing survey, but a member? Love to know what you are looking for to help your purchasing (and others) decision easier.

Last edited by speed21; 05-08-2013 at 05:35 AM. Reason: add content
Old 05-08-2013, 11:15 AM
nickc450 is infamous around these parts
EPL FTW

Tuning aside, build quality is second to none.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:21 AM
nickc450 is infamous around these parts
Ive always seen better results with custom tuning, esp on these turbo cars. In my eyes, every car is different and reacts different to changes. The only true way to see where you stand is to data log. ive had EPL tune a few of my cars and they do a great job. On top of that, they have a great "tunning philosophy" as I call it. It leads to big SAFE power which im a fan of.

EPL FTW.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tuning Flash Popularity