997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best Value 4 Seater High End Performance Car To Buy in 2013: DBS, Bentley GT, 997 Tur

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 07:20 AM
alexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the rough
[quote=vaportrail;3846390]
Originally Posted by Ynot
lol, chill bro! Porsche's isn't excited to non owners, most people in general think that they are ugly, they can't tell if it's a turbo or not, they all look alike. If you browse other car forums besides bmw, most people don't like the look at all but, they respect the performance of the car.

Ynot: I get all that. I didn't buy my 997TT because I give a sh*t what anyone else thinks. I can understand asking current 997TT owners about drawbacks of ownership, etc, but not dropping in our dedicated forum and mentioning our cars lack excitement. I found that distasteful, and disrespectful to all of us who think 0-60 in the low 3's (and every other metric) very exciting. If this was posted elsewhere I'd have not cared at all.

Farris and I moved our discussion to private message to keep this on topic.

Time to go carve some canyons.
I love my 911 but it does lack that extra kick you get from a lambo or a ferrari... no matter what you do to that exhaust its always going to sound like a loud *** fart when you WOT it... lol sorry & the exterior is dull I believe that is way porsche has so many different bodywork tuners out there... I personally enjoy its non flashy look & most people confuse a turbo to a carrera therefore people do not judge you right away... its the best lay low sports car out there. Op I believe you should have a good sport DD which could be a 911 and a gallardo & since you wanna stick to 4 seats get a maserati... they spend all R&D on exhaust and excitement althought it's not awesomely fast it's very exciting. check it out... ciao!

Old 05-26-2013, 07:51 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I'm sure you have your reasons, but I think you are making a mistake not including the Audi's in your search. The new S8 or RS6 are in your price range and can easily fill ALL of your requirements...Have you had any seat itme in these?

Old 05-26-2013, 09:46 AM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ttboost
I'm sure you have your reasons, but I think you are making a mistake not including the Audi's in your search. The new S8 or RS6 are in your price range and can easily fill ALL of your requirements...Have you had any seat itme in these?
A family member has the new S8 and it is the best performance sedan around IF looks are not a consideration. It can also be had for very good value. Personally, the Audis can not touch the styling of the BMW gran coupe, inside or out.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 PM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
Talking Problem solved

Well it was a fun journey and thanks to all of you who gave me valuable advice on the way.

And the winner was.........?

Two cars..... M6 gran coupe alpine white and a 458 Italia in Nero Daytona.

Cars are being collected delivered.

THANKS AGAIN!

P.S. I also am first on the list for the 991 GT2!