997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best Value 4 Seater High End Performance Car To Buy in 2013: DBS, Bentley GT, 997 Tur

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 11:14 AM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
Best Value 4 Seater High End Performance Car To Buy in 2013: DBS, Bentley GT, 997 Tur

I am looking for advice on what is the best value (including resale) high end performance car with 4 seats on the market to buy now.

The 3 main criteria to be considered are as follows:
1) Looks
2) Performance
3) Current Price on a Nice Used Low Mileage Car and Expected Depreciation in the next 2 to 3 years (Based in London England)

To help give some perspective I have previously driven (some pics attached):
- F430 Ferrari (Amazing and if I didn't need 4 seats the 458 would be the no brainer option). I don't like the California
- Bentley GT (modified with exhaust, tune, amazing morel hi-fi, wheels and bodykit)

I have narrowed it down to the following cars and could really use some advice:

DBS low mileage
- MSRP £165,000... An 09 with 15k miles can be had for £85k. My concern is that the DB9 has dropped like a stone and can be had now for £30k. Should it hold due to limited production or will it follow the suit of DB9?
- Not the Best Performer but it sure looks good
- Although an old model, I prefer its looks to the new Vanquish.

2011 Bentley GT
- MSRP £135,000... Can be had for £85k with about 7,000 miles
- Car has the best finishing imaginable and looks good. It has power also... It like the previous GT is a boat and weighs a million pounds... lol
- New Shape and looks and feels brand new
- Doesn't perform as well as I would like but it is just so comfortable and luxurious
- As I just stopped driving a GT, I would prefer something a bit different, unless this is by far the best option.
- A bit old man.... unless lowered on wheels

997.2 Turbo PDK
- MSRP Approx £120,000.... Can be had for £65k (2009 model) or £75k for a 2011 Turbo S
- Performs better than all others listed
- Doesn't stand out and isn't that exiting
- Old model

Panamera Turbo PDK
- MSRP £110,000... Can be had for £65k. Probably quite a bit further to drop.
- It performs better than the M6 Gran Coupe but has an ugly ***
- Nice interior, but 3rd to the Bentley and M6
- A Bit Old Man
- 4wd is a benefit in London where it always rains.

M6 Gran Coupe
- Although a brand new car, BMW UK offer 0% finance and a guaranteed buyback after two years which makes this car an attractive option.
- About £110k... £7k down and £1,100 a month for 36 months
- 2nd Best interior of the Bunch

Your advice and opinions are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Farris

Attached Images   
Old 05-12-2013, 11:24 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Depends who is going in the back seat (important). Also the 997.2 PDK didnt come out until 2010.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:34 AM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
The DBS has useless back seats. I don't really think its much of an option if the seats are actually needed.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by yumaverick
Depends who is going in the back seat (important). Also the 997.2 PDK didnt come out until 2010.
The back seats are only for children. Rarely there might be an adult on a short drive.

I am pretty aure the 997.2 PDK came out in 2009 in Europe.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:25 PM
vaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by farris

997.2 Turbo PDK
- MSRP Approx £120,000.... Can be had for £65k (2009 model) or £75k for a 2011 Turbo S
- Performs better than all others listed
- Doesn't stand out and isn't that exiting
- Old model

Your advice and opinions are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Farris
You're posting that the 997 Turbo doesnt stand out and isnt that exciting, *in the 997 Turbo forum?* I find my TT very exciting, and I prefer to not attract undue attention. Go troll elsewhere.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by vaportrail
You're posting that the 997 Turbo doesnt stand out and isnt that exciting, *in the 997 Turbo forum?* I find my TT very exciting, and I prefer to not attract undue attention. Go troll elsewhere.
There is no need to be a rude!

The 997 Turbo is a masterpiece of engineering and that is why it is on the short list. No car is perfect and while the 997.2 is by far the best performace car on the list, I personally feel like a stock turbo lacks the drama and excitement of some other cars (Fcars, DBS...).

Having been a member of this forum for many years I know that there isn't a general car discussion section, so I had to post somewhere. Most people who buy a 997tt know about cars at this sort of price point and that's why they bought it. Hence why I posted here.

I can also say you are the first rude jerk I have had the misfortune of interacting with on this forum.

Please try and refrain from making further rude and insulting posts. I still hope to get some more useful input.

Last edited by farris; 05-12-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vaportrail
lol, chill bro! Porsche's isn't excited to non owners, most people in general think that they are ugly, they can't tell if it's a turbo or not, they all look alike. If you browse other car forums besides bmw, most people don't like the look at all but, they respect the performance of the car.

Back to topic, DBS is the best looking in your list, you are in London. You don't need that much performance.

1. DBS
2. 997tt
3. M6
4. Bentley
6. Panamera (ugliest of all sedans), Can't wait until they get this right. They fixed the Cayenne and Boxster/Cayman with the new models.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks Ynot

The DBS really is beautiful, but I am sucker for gadgetry (M6 has loads), and the crappy Volvo flip up Sat Nav is a real let down in the interior. The Nav/interface was a big drawback in the Bentley GT I was driving before.

I am going to check if it possible to retrofit an aftermarket nav in this flip up location.

I am going to test drive the M6 Gran coupe tomorrow along with the DBS and new CGT (maybe even the speed ). It's going to be a fun day

Last edited by farris; 05-12-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:18 PM
vaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the rough
Smile

[QUOTE=Ynot;3846363]lol, chill bro! Porsche's isn't excited to non owners, most people in general think that they are ugly, they can't tell if it's a turbo or not, they all look alike. If you browse other car forums besides bmw, most people don't like the look at all but, they respect the performance of the car.

Ynot: I get all that. I didn't buy my 997TT because I give a sh*t what anyone else thinks. I can understand asking current 997TT owners about drawbacks of ownership, etc, but not dropping in our dedicated forum and mentioning our cars lack excitement. I found that distasteful, and disrespectful to all of us who think 0-60 in the low 3's (and every other metric) very exciting. If this was posted elsewhere I'd have not cared at all.

Farris and I moved our discussion to private message to keep this on topic.

Time to go carve some canyons.

Last edited by vaportrail; 05-12-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: proofread
Old 05-12-2013, 05:47 PM
DaBrat is infamous around these parts
I have similar requirements for my cars. Can't give you a pick of the 4, but I do have to add another to the mix which you may or may not like - the FF. I love it and it's definitely a 4 seater I will consider. Prices have been coming down and for a V12 Ferrari, it's getting to pretty reasonable levels. Technology way up there. Sound, power, handling. It's the perfect package. Only concern is looks. You either love it or hate it. Me, I love it!

Old 05-12-2013, 05:49 PM
DaBrat is infamous around these parts
And BTW, a BCGTC is also something I have considered for comfort. Love it! Maybe a BCGTC for the family and a 2 seater for yourself.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Tims997TurboS is a name known to allTims997TurboS is a name known to allTims997TurboS is a name known to allTims997TurboS is a name known to allTims997TurboS is a name known to allTims997TurboS is a name known to all
Originally Posted by black penguin
The DBS has useless back seats. I don't really think its much of an option if the seats are actually needed.
The 997.2's back seats are nearly equally useless, except for small children.

Tim

Old 05-12-2013, 08:31 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Really a pretty simple answer in my book. The DBS if looks, fit and finish is more important than performance. 997TTS if performance is top of the list. The other cars listed would be "second" cars if finances allowed. Good luck w your search.
Also...truth is that neither of these cars would fit a "real" adult...

Old 05-12-2013, 09:35 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
if you need 4 seats then the 997 TT and the DBS are non-starters

Old 05-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
You've driven some pretty high end cars. Tough to choose a true 4 sweater in the luxury sport car class. I would say that the M5 or the C63 AMG would be good contenders

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Value 4 Seater High End Performance Car To Buy in 2013: DBS, Bentley GT, 997 Tur