997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Keeping spoiler extended?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 02:12 PM
petegtsv10 is infamous around these parts
Keeping spoiler extended?

Is there something simple I can do to keep the spoiler extended all the time? It looks better up and I see no harm in that. It's fuse has other things on it and the electrical under the engine bay looks complex.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:10 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by petegtsv10
Is there something simple I can do to keep the spoiler extended all the time? It looks better up and I see no harm in that. It's fuse has other things on it and the electrical under the engine bay looks complex.
The simplest thing to do is search this forum for "spoiler extended" - 5 or 6 posts down you should see a thread started by johnww. I'm sure there's other info there too.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
The simplest thing to do is search this forum for "spoiler extended" - 5 or 6 posts down you should see a thread started by johnww. I'm sure there's other info there too.
I did that search before I posted. There's always a chance of new info since the thread disappeared. Someone might have discovered something just yesterday that isn't posted anywhere. A search is a good start, but a post will possibly bring things more into the present. Thanks.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:22 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
I did that search before I posted. There's always a chance of new info since the thread disappeared. Someone might have discovered something just yesterday that isn't posted anywhere. A search is a good start, but a post will possibly bring things more into the present. Thanks.
Nothing new since johnww post.....stationary up-anchors for ~$150 was choice idea and most likely will remain best idea for a long period of time.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:19 AM
baziturbo is infamous around these partsbaziturbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by johnww
Nothing new since johnww post.....stationary up-anchors for ~$150 was choice idea and most likely will remain best idea for a long period of time.
where do you get stationary up-anchors and would the dealer install them?

thanks in advance

Old 05-26-2013, 02:08 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by baziturbo
where do you get stationary up-anchors and would the dealer install them?

thanks in advance
call 415 595-6298 for details....free shipping for 6speeders...also www.ebwerks.com

Old 05-26-2013, 02:14 PM
paul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to behold
Anchors

Any pictures of the stationary anchors? The website is a little thin on information. Thanks

Old 05-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by paul29
Any pictures of the stationary anchors? The website is a little thin on information. Thanks
Call the #, he'll send you what you need.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:00 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
I recently installed the ebwerks kit on my 997tt. I ordered the black anodized. Here's some pics.

Attached Images      
Old 07-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Can you think of any downside to having the wing extended all the time? Does the kit require you to delete the OEM hydraulic system? How does the wig height compare to the extended OEM height?

Old 07-25-2013, 09:16 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
Can you think of any downside to having the wing extended all the time? Does the kit require you to delete the OEM hydraulic system? How does the wig height compare to the extended OEM height?
I can't think of any downside. The kit does require you to remove the OEM hydraulic system, but that was the whole point for me since mine was faulty. The fixed height seems the same as the OEM.

The only thing that seems uncertain is the button on the dash that manually extends the OEM kit. In the 996 forum, there is a thread in which several people have discussed different methods for disabling this button in anticipation that one might get a CEL if it is pressed.

After installing the kit, I pressed the button, got a failure warning, turned the car off and back on, warming was cleared.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
The spoiler raises for downforce. Decide if you need downforce on the rear wheels at speeds under 65 or not. To me that means a lighter front during times you need to turn.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Squat
The spoiler raises for downforce. Decide if you need downforce on the rear wheels at speeds under 65 or not. To me that means a lighter front during times you need to turn.
That's an interesting take on it, though lots of Porsches of all types have wings fixed in the "up" position (OEM and aftermarket).

Old 07-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CBADtt
That's an interesting take on it, though lots of Porsches of all types have wings fixed in the "up" position (OEM and aftermarket).
But they also have different aero kits and spoilers as well. Also different power.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:36 PM
dewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Squat
But they also have different aero kits and spoilers as well. Also different power.
I highly doubt an extended stock spoiler would make any appreciable downforce at less than 65 miles per hours on the TT. Much less, have any effect on front lift and handling. I'm guessing its more of a drag/MPG issue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Keeping spoiler extended?