997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

A couple pics of the EVT775 on ADV1 w a few new additions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 04:07 PM
gkinvest is a jewel in the roughgkinvest is a jewel in the roughgkinvest is a jewel in the roughgkinvest is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations for your excellent taste sir.

George

Old 05-28-2013, 08:12 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Thanks all!
The wheels are ADV1 ADV05TF. 20" x 9.5 front and 20" x 13 rear the rear tires are Nitto Invo 345 25 20. I purchased this set up from Ben @ Wheelsboutique.com w some hesitatiin due to the HUGE tires he was suggesting. In the end...Ben was spot on. I used their suggested sizes and offsets and everything fits perfect. Seriously perfect.

How do you like the Invo's? I recently put them on my car to find that even after 1000 MI they still seem sloppy compared to the Michelins that the car came with.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Looks really good Justin... Nice work

Edwin

Old 05-29-2013, 09:57 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
nevert00fast...long story short I had EVOMS weld in a set of coolant pipes....after 400 miles they were leaking coolant out of maybe 5-7 pinholes. As advised...I JB welded them up and they seem to be holding fine.

elite1...I have run Invos on pretty much every car I have owned in the past few years. For the money I think they are a fine tire. Are the Michelins better? Probably.... MUCH better? I dont think so.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:22 AM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
nevert00fast...long story short I had EVOMS weld in a set of coolant pipes....after 400 miles they were leaking coolant out of maybe 5-7 pinholes. As advised...I JB welded them up and they seem to be holding fine.

elite1...I have run Invos on pretty much every car I have owned in the past few years. For the money I think they are a fine tire. Are the Michelins better? Probably.... MUCH better? I dont think so.
Gotcha, that sounds like like an expen$ive experience.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:46 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Car looks super aggressive! love it. It looks blacker than black - must have used lots of elbow grease.

What is a JB weld?

Old 05-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Car looks great and the turn out at the CC event looked to be a good one. For more information on a center console and shift **** Click Here. Enjoy

Old 05-30-2013, 01:28 PM
1a1
1a1 is infamous around these parts
Sorry, but using JB Weld is ridic if you ask me. I can't believe they would suggest it. That stuff won't hold up for long under the heat and pressure of the coolant system pushing against it (most cars run 15-18psi of pressure in the cooling system once at operating temperature). I tried using that stuff before for a different application and eventually it will leak. They should stand behind their crappy welds and pay to have it repaired correctly.

Steve K.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:27 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
nevert00fast....more than you know.

ECS...I just ordered the GT2 Guards Red Alcantara shift boot/****. Great price!

1a1...I tend to agree but I definately did some resesrch before going the JB weld route. The consensus is that pinhole sealing w JB weld type products is OK and even done by Porsche mechanics at the dealerships. The factory uses some **** much less durable than JB to glue the coolant pipes in so JB Weld is probably considered an upgrade...if you can beliece that.
On the other side of that coin there definately is the fact that I the CUSTOMER was left holding the bag especially after just the removal of the parts from the motor (was already out) and welding was $1100! I agree there should have been a conversation about compensation for their (EVOMS) poor worksmanship.
Ill get more into my whole situation at the end of June when I strat my EVT775 6 months of ownership thread. Stay tuned lol.

Last edited by triblk6spd; 05-31-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:53 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
ECS...I just ordered the GT2 Guards Red Alcantara shift boot/****. Great price!
Awesome !! Thank you for the support and let the transformation begin If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM me.

I have to ask, how did that 63/64' Continental behind you look ? Don't see too many of those any more, especially in the Ohio area.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
Awesome !! Thank you for the support and let the transformation begin If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM me.

I have to ask, how did that 63/64' Continental behind you look ? Don't see too many of those any more, especially in the Ohio area.
Thanks. I absolutely will.
....the Continental? I have seen it out a few times and its definately clean. That type of car doesnt keep my attention for long tho so I never know HOW clean. Next time Im out Ill take a better look and snap a pic or two for ya.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:34 AM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Triblk...let me know if you ever make it Houston with that beast.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:32 AM
domenic988 is infamous around these parts
Really love the rear wing, pls recommend to get it.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:42 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Love the car!

Old 06-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Thanks all.
The only time I really ever make it to Houston is for the TX2K meet in March.
The rear wing is a Vorsteiner piece w a carbon blade. Really is the perfect piece imo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A couple pics of the EVT775 on ADV1 w a few new additions...