997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

A couple pics of the EVT775 on ADV1 w a few new additions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Porschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
On the other side of that coin there definately is the fact that I the CUSTOMER was left holding the bag especially after just the removal of the parts from the motor (was already out) and welding was $1100! I agree there should have been a conversation about compensation for their (EVOMS) poor worksmanship.
Interesting comment.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Liquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Porschedoctor
Interesting comment.
Right! Triple, can you say any more at this time. Considering a EVT650 and would like to hear your experience.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:15 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Yes of course I can say more. Haha definately still (for the most part) a free country. Ill shoot you a PM.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:56 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Interesting comment.
If you are going to respond to someone's criticism of EVOMS, you should do so from your sponsorship account Robert.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:32 AM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
If you are going to respond to someone's criticism of EVOMS, you should do so from your sponsorship account Robert.
I absolutely thought the same thing.
Also...this isnt a bashing thread and wasnt meant tto be. I simply mentioned a situation I had encountered while dealing w EVOMS and also mentioned how I felt it could have better been handled.
I will however be starting a thread that will adresse all of my dealings w EVOMS and my overall feelings on owning an EVT775. Once again that wont be a bashing thread....just some facts.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Porschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to beholdPorschedoctor is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bbywu
Will do after this reply.

Originally Posted by triblk6spd
I absolutely thought the same thing.
Also...this isnt a bashing thread and wasnt meant tto be. I simply mentioned a situation I had encountered while dealing w EVOMS and also mentioned how I felt it could have better been handled.
I will however be starting a thread that will adresse all of my dealings w EVOMS and my overall feelings on owning an EVT775. Once again that wont be a bashing thread....just some facts.
Justin, I did not feel your comments where meant to criticize or bash EVOMS. However, there was a lot more to the story than stated in your comments. That was all. If there is anything else I can do, please call or email me.

Cheers,
Robert

Old 06-09-2013, 02:31 PM

Justin, I did not feel your comments where meant to criticize or bash EVOMS. However, there was a lot more to the story than stated in your comments. That was all. If there is anything else I can do, please call or email me.

Cheers,
Robert
"There was a lot more to the story than stated"....well thats an understatement. Too bad none of the rest of the story changes the fact that my welded in coolant pipes that I paid !!!$2200!!! to install (even though my estimated cost was supposed to be $1100) were leaking in multiple locations after 400 miles, and then when all was said and done I was left holding the bag 1500 miles away w no offer extended to me other than "send it back" which undoubtedly would have been on my dime. The question will come up...... "Why didnt you send it back?" My ansewer...."because with your track record w my car no doubt my parts would have been, lost, stolen, broken, defective,....take your pick. Either way Im 100% sure I would have been footing the bill to remedy the situation. ....and thats not even the "more to the story" you are refering to.
You knew I wasnt exactly satisfied w my service...(I made that clear to Matthew) why not send ME an email or text or phone call?

Edit: Some may notice I edited my cost for coolant pipe welding from $1100 to $2200. After looking thru my finall bill again I found I was overcharged for this service by $1100. Obviously I dont feel I need to post pics of my invoice but I can if need be.
Once again Im sorry for the way this thread has gone but I definately dont feel like laying down while a vendor makes me look like I may not be telling the whole story. Im glad I reviewed my invoice as it looks like I may have left out some VERY important info.

Edit: Robert....email sent your way.

Last edited by triblk6spd; 06-09-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Bolt-OnM3 is infamous around these parts
Wow, very interesting read so far.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Its been two full business days since my email to Robert (key player @ EVOMS)....still no response.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:35 AM
UTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond reputeUTPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't had much luck emailing Robert. I usually ask Matthew to have him call or email and he always has.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Iv always gotten a return email. Not sure how the "Race Director" and shop foreman of such a big company could go w/o answering emails but who knows. Ill shoot over a text just to make sure....

Old 06-13-2013, 08:02 AM
AZTurbo is infamous around these parts
I hate to say it but I live here in Phoenix and purchased parts from Ian at EVO which was a great experience. I called him back a couple weeks later to buy more and get my suspension installed and could not get anyone to call or email me back. I literally left 3 voicemails with 2 different people. Vivid was more then happy to answer their phones and take my money. I don't understand why people advertise if they don't want the business.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:37 AM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Wanted to jump in on this topic…I’ve said it before that I really appreciate forums like this. I enjoy reading the experiences of others; over the years I’ve learned a lot about my car that I otherwise wouldn’t have. Frankly it has enhanced my ownership experience. That may sound strange but mine is not a daily driver. Logging in to read and chat with others compensates for the lack of drive time…guess it keeps me connected to the car even though I’m not putting lots of time behind the wheel.

<O</O
Many members here have owned a variety of sports cars over the years. I believe I speak for most when I state that service experience plays a big role in ownership. Whether it’s finding a great local independent shop or a reputable dealer, this is a critical element…especially for the majority who are willing to pay TOP dollar for it. I don’t look for the least expensive…I prefer great service, experienced technicians and someone who truly cares for my car as I would. Equally important is the communication process that happens…up front, during service and the always-vital post service. We all know that’s not easy to find. Sometimes things don’t go as planned…how this is dealt with makes all the difference.

<O</O
Before moving to Texas I lived in Phoenix. I’ve been to both EVOMS and Vivid…several times. I recall being @ EVOMS where Rob spent more than an hour providing suggestions, let me tour their facility and talked me through what they could do for me based on my needs. I had a similar experience at Vivid where I met Dan, toured the facility and was invited back to one of their hosted events. Equally good experiences and would have been tough to choose between the two…ultimately I left AZ before having the chance to modify my car.

<O</O
I don’t know how vendors here track their marketing efforts but I have to believe that sponsorship, participation and most importantly testimonials have lead to increased sales. I can tell you from experience I have used several vendors here based on feedback from others…Sharkwerks, Rottec...to name a couple. Very pleased with the level of service received. As a member who relies on feedback on this forum to make future purchases…I hope this gets sorted for the OP.

<O</O
Sorry for the long rant but my point involves customer experience. This is how my business is won and or lost. <O</O
<O</O

Old 06-13-2013, 10:09 AM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
After reading about everyone's experiences with Evoms and after talking to them on the phone a year ago(took multiple calls to get a hold of someone and when I did he was rude and very short). I feel they are way overpriced as well. I wouldn't go with them if I could get there parts at 50% off.

Everytime you call Switzer Neil answers. Same with Champion, Tom is always there. If you call Protomotive Someone picks up and is very nice. Evoms not so much

Old 06-13-2013, 10:54 AM
All this being said....I am STILL waiting on a response to the email I sent SUNDAY (3 full business days ago). I sent a text to Robert to make sure he got it (this was mid day yesterday) and his reply was, yes he got it and wasworking on a reply. Waiting on them to respond to a simple email makes me wonder how long Ill have to wait for them to step up and make things right w me. At this rate....probably never....
Thanks all for the input. I have recieved more than a few PM's asking for more info on this subject. As said in my responses to those PM's...I am drafting a post documenting my entire expierence w EVOMS and their handling of my situation. This will touch on everything that was said to me before and after my EVT775 purchase and will definately hit upon how disgusting it feels to be told over and over that "you are part of the family now" and then be grossly overcharged and underserviced w no attempt to make anything right. Stay tuned....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A couple pics of the EVT775 on ADV1 w a few new additions...