997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: What's your favorite exhaust for the 997TT
TUBI
10.68%
GMG
4.85%
EUROPIPE
43.69%
FABSPEED
7.77%
TECHART
1.94%
CARGRAPHIC
6.80%
FVD
6.80%
PROTOMOTIVE
5.83%
911TUNE
2.91%
OTHER
8.74%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

The BEST exhaust for the 997TT POLL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 03:45 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
He's since put the ruf back on, first thing I thought of Bobby!
I actually just did a ruf/Fvd exhaust, sounds sweet but I can't seem to post vids from the iPhone.
C

Old 07-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Why they will change the exhaust?
Simply because there are better performing systems out there for those people to use that don't have exterior noise restrictions.

The RUF system suits doc's personal requirements regarding his Hospital car park and home racetrack noise DB restrictions where I recall him saying even a stock system can put the car over max limit. The RUF appears to be his best alternative to the stock unit over and above anything else simply because it must be a touch quieter than the stock system on the outside yet provides a degree of improved performance without any of the drone issues that so many of these AM systems do actually produce. So that's perfect for doc given his personal situation and he will have to pay the price for that as the few other systems that don't have drone all breach his noise DB requirements.

Btw I recall Barry (rufturbo) put an EP2 on his RUF so for all i know he may well still have his Ruf system laying about in his garage. It's a long while ago now but it may pay for doc to pm him and check rather than paying the Rufs very high component of porsche tax he has mentioned on many occasions now. ie with 8k there would be a hell of a lot .

I'd also agree totally with Doug (gasman) that the best exhaust should really be judged by 100% (and not just a select few on the forums) of (all) drivers ability to be able to use this TT car without sacrificing any of the day to day practicalities. i.e having to hold it pegged in a gear over 3000 in a futile bid to avoid drone...

Now how many manufacturers of these AM systems can (honestly) claim that ability, and keep a straight face knowing that every user that buys their system will never have come backs on the drone issue?

To my understanding RUF is a performance company that "up specs" Porsches to out-perform the OEM vehicle but without compromising any of the day to day usability and practicalities associated to this awesome car, and, like any successful company that can really deliver the goods they can justifiably charge a premium on their good name and more importantly on how their product actually delivers.

As an EP user the current poll result comes as no surprise to me. Like yourself Leo, I, like many current EP users have come from other systems that have not delivered to expectations and have found the EP to deliver in a way the others have simply been unable to. Drone is a very big problem for this car and is not to be underestimated. The EP product is a hand built bespoke system which also attracts a (slightly) higher price yet is worth every penny as found by the users. The same can also be said for certain tunes and any other AM products which have been bought in good faith with expectations they will deliver to the claims only to be later changed out for something else that works better.

Manufacturers of these products will always make their claims in a bid for the business but at the end of the day the proof of any pudding is always found in the eating .

Old 07-21-2013, 12:06 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
For the record, Markski worked on my car to do some R&D when he was getting into 997TTs - I switched to his exhaust after he built it on a jig without a mock up...pretty impressive to do so actually without having a car to put the exhaust on. I left it on for something different.

It had nothing to do with more power, sound, etc.

And Barry's car, IIRC, was sold to him as a RTurbo 550 conversion with a Europipe exhaust. He didn't do the conversion, he bought it converted. When he investigated, the ECU said RTurbo 510 conversion.

He ended up going with EVOMs upgrades with a completely new ECU through AWD Motorsports.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:26 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Yes, that's correct Bob. I would have loved to buy your old car, I would have offered more than he's selling it for now! He just wasn't ready. My car is great but a Ruf R550 is on a whole different plane.
When you look at the pole, granted EP was the most popular, but peculiar how 56% picked something else. I wonder what % if the guys who picked a certain exhaust have actually purchased the same.

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 07-21-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
quote: TTsurgeon (ex cannagas thread). Yes, work done by Ruf, sold/marketed by fvd sans the quad tips which adds $$$$$ to the price. I went with the 200cell, slightly quieter and no CELs.
Rhonda can chime in with the particulars. If you want a Ruf exhaust without the 8k price tag, this is a great option.
This is the best sounding exhaust I've ever owned, up to and including the Europipe, sorry boys.
It's only a little louder than stock at idle and whales at WOT!
No idea why the 100cell is cheaper, I assume the cost of materials is less.
I bought a core on eBay, shipped it to Rhonda at fvd in Florida, they have weekly shipments to/from Germany. Then fvd Germany ships it to Ruf, basically next door. There the craftsman individually, by hand builds your exhaust to your specs.
That's my experience and understanding of the process.

Wow I just checked out the FVD site and Doc I hope you realise this is not a RUF system at all....no RUF part numbers or anything.

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/99...997_Turbo.html

Going by the pictures this is just a second hand OEM muffler with a couple of new cats welded on to it being sold by FVD with FVD part number etc. No mention of RUF! The pictures show that everything else is completely untouched, even the heat shield bolts have never seen a spanner on them since new. The muffler has absolutely no signs of ever being opened up or re welded anywhere!!

Actually in comparison the RUF is cheaper as it uses proper dual outlets, uses a brand new OEM core, has Ruf logo and part numbers etc for 8k brand new. This is 4500 for 2 new cats...on top of the value of your used core, that's it! So if you add the price of a new core its 9K! Wow this has surely got to be the money spinner of the century! Wait till Vivid get a hold of this one. Used OE cores have just gone up in value overnight!

So in comparison, with the OEM core priced at 4500 usd new and the FVD cats at 4500 that's basically 9K for this FVD product vs the 8k from RUF to get the proper thing. Hey btw that craftsman built by hands story was beautiful...I mean I guess other systems are just built by someones feet?

Last edited by speed21; 07-22-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:30 AM
It's built by Ruf, a lot more than what you described, once you cut the factory cats off you have access to just about everything, there is another cut and weld on the opposite side as well, it's extensively reworked, ruf pn r9710011112 stamped right on it. Like I said you worry about you, I'll worry about me. ok?
Why comment in this thread anyway? That's weird, bordering on harassment.

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 07-22-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
It's built by Ruf, a lot more than what you described, once you cut the factory cats off you have access to just about everything, there is another cut and weld on the opposite side as well, it's extensively reworked, ruf pn r9710011112 stamped right on it. Like I said you worry about you, I'll worry about me. ok?
If the exhaust is built by Ruf, why they don't advertise it as a Ruf exhaust?

I'm glad you really like it, I know how hard is to find the perfect exhaust ;-)

Enjoy it!

Old 07-22-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm sure that's btwn Ruf and FVD, you may or may not be aware, they go way back.
Trust me, I have a nice big fat invoice from Ruf, in German.

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 07-22-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
What do you mean borderlining on harassment? You make a statement why can you not at least back it up with facts or something? Look doc i'm glad you are enjoying your exhaust truly am, and i have no idea why you get all bent out of shape at me every time i ask you fair questions about what you say on line. It seems ever since you were bought undone by Tom at CMS about your old Tubi 2 can claim you've had it in for me just bc i had told you about the same facts on that system which incidentally had come direct from CMS themselves. Now you are doing the same thing here. Fact is FVD's own on line site says absolutely nothing about RUF, no RUF part numbers....zip, the pictures clearly show it's just two cats welded on to an old oem system, nothing else. There is no mention of any work being done to the stock muffler at all and only talk of better flowing 200 cel cats....that's it! Why wouldn't they elaborate the detail on the product especially given its extraordinarily high price tag?? Also, why would FVD not mention in their own sales blurb about RUF doing the work when that could only go toward helping them sell the mod and justifying the 4500 for what is essentially 2 cats? Even so, let's just say by some chance or miracle what you say is correct so what? It's hardly cheap for what you get. But that said some proof would go a long way and be appropriate under the circumstances.

Mind you at least RUF uses everything brand new and nothing cobbled onto an old system so theirs in many ways is actually cheaper. I really don't get it what all the fuss is about to be perfectly honest. Honesty can go a long way and save a lot of confusion and trouble to members if you ask me.

Quote TTsurgeon: The price with quad tips is 7995$, without tips 4500$, gotta draw the line somewhere, besides I already have quad tips from fabspeed.
Mine is Ruf pn R97 100 111 12

^ Again this post of yours does not even tally with RUFs own site in USA???
And you say why am i posting on cannagas thread when duh i'm not??? But yet funny i see you are bombing his CG thread with your own exhaust info with numerous non CG posts yet thats somehow ok for him and the mods yet i say anything at all and i'm in **** for saying anything that is actually factual. Very odd standards around this place if i must say.

Anyway here is the info direct from RUFs site so again you are found quoting the wrong thing to members. Btw no point even answering doc bc i don't want to see you dig yourself into any deeper hole. Truly ridiculous.

http://www.rufauto.us/index.php?opti...137&Itemid=186

Last edited by speed21; 07-22-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Whatever Paul.
I have nothing to prove, especially to you. In your own quote, fvd mentions internal mods to the muffler in addition to 200c cats, did you intentionally misquote their ad, perhaps you have a future at the nytimes. The last time i checked, ruf still needs a core for conversions. What are you the muffler police?
Enough is enough, everybody knows you love ep, give it a rest or find a room.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:38 PM
TT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to behold
I do not post often but I read and follow most threads here. I am a happy Europipe customer but please Paul , give it a rest. The only thing you do is make yourself look like a person who make people happy when he has left the room.

Don't you see you insult people ? Of course you don't because otherwise you would not do it (at least that is what I hope). But let me tell you, you do !
And that is really really not necessary.
What's wrong with being polite, friendly and courteous ??
That will get you much further in life than always be so obnoxious.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Banned
That may be your opinion denis bc i commented negatively about your grilles.....mind you i see they are off now.

And Doc then how about a bit less obscurity, and a lot less stroking, that will certainly help solve it if that's the way you and denis feel. I like facts not stroke fests.

And denis if guys ask for opinions on stuff they put on their cars and someone says they don't like it then try to deal with it objectively or don't ask for opinions.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:55 PM
TT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to behold
Paul, you truly have a problem my friend. I pity you for not seeing it. I really do.

My grilles have nothing to do with it. In fact I had already forgotten about them LOL. Took them of the day I mounted the GT2 wheels. Did not work with all black wheels.

No, you can comment as much as you like. That is not the problem at all.
You only bring it in a way that is very impolite. What I mean is, you try to find words to humiliate people.
A good critic gives comments to improve. You just smash everybody in the face.
Maybe some day you'll see it.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 993S
Paul, you truly have a problem my friend. I pity you for not seeing it. I really do.

My grilles have nothing to do with it. In fact I had already forgotten about them LOL. Took them of the day I mounted the GT2 wheels. Did not work with all black wheels.

No, you can comment as much as you like. That is not the problem at all.
You only bring it in a way that is very impolite. What I mean is, you try to find words to humiliate people.
A good critic gives comments to improve. You just smash everybody in the face.
Maybe some day you'll see it.
The feeling is mutual. Agree there is no point you trying to justify your position.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Paul, listen to Dennis, nobody wants you to get banned..... again, his words are true. Just look at some of your old posts in various threads, you even insulted the gentleman who was deaf in one ear! Time to turn the lens around, and look at yourself. We cant all be wrong. I truly believe you don't even realize what you are doing. It's just a friendly hobby, leave it at that Paul. Thanks Dennis.
c

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The BEST exhaust for the 997TT POLL