997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Anyone recognize this Michigan Protomotive car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Anyone recognize this Michigan Protomotive car?

Trying to find out the specs on this 997TT that raced a UGR Gallardo this weekend. I was told it's a Protomotive car with a built motor running 30s', but when I asked Todd K. about it, he wasn't sure what car it could be. The claimed power levels of this car are all over the place, so I'm trying to get accurate details.

Anyone?

Old 06-19-2013, 05:30 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
scott is that fadi's white TTG ? if so he may know.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Which UGR car? Fadi or Erik? Looks to dark of silver to be my old "clone" that BL built years ago for a customer up north who traded it in a few months later. Same motor/turbo kit (well GTX30s)/etc as mine but had GTX30's and Todd K. tuned it. Made 1020rwhp on Q16 but since it was traded in I don't ever know what happened with it. I think it was the lighter Silver 997TT, but I could be wrong.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Yeah Nick, that's Fadi racing him. Fadi doesn't know too much about it and there's conflicting info being put out there. Hence, my post.

Owner apparently claimed 980 on C16 on 3071s, which is what I'm confused about. Could very well be the same car you're talking about, Chris.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Yeah Nick, that's Fadi racing him. Fadi doesn't know too much about it and there's conflicting info being put out there. Hence, my post.

Owner apparently claimed 980 on C16 on 3071s, which is what I'm confused about. Could very well be the same car you're talking about, Chris.
It may have been C16 (probably was it was finished about 3 weeks after I got my built motor setup home) they used but yeah it was the GTX3071 and it made right over a 1000 but probably since then has been tuned back some and 980 would be right on par with that. The car had some kind of aftermarket front bumper, rear and side skirts.

If Fadi ever gets a chance again to check out the engine bay the Y-pipe should be a dead give away. Todd K, 911tuning, Switzer, BL, etc all have their own uniqueness on the design. The BL version should look like this but uses the Recirc. version of the BOV.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MaVqv.jpg
Views:	772
Size:	331.6 KB
ID:	253706  
Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 PM
That has to be it. Thanks, Chris!

Old 06-19-2013, 06:23 PM
skinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to behold
i know the car..it was built here in NY..he is a good friend of mine..He never clamied it makes 980 on c16..car made 708 on a mainline dyno...It has a protomotive tune..JBE racing here in ny built the car..

he actually told people it had vgt turbos...lol
it has 3076 turbos and he is scared to run more then 24 psi cause he wants it to live forever..
sean

Last edited by skinny electra; 06-19-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:29 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skinny electra
i know the car..it was built here in NY..he is a good friend of mine..He never clamied it makes 980 on c16..car made 708 on a mainline dyno...It has a protomotive tune..JBE racing here in ny built the car..

sean
hmm 708 only? Fadi has a built motor ttg build... was the ttg not trunning full boost?

Old 06-19-2013, 06:40 PM
skinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to beholdskinny electra is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by unvmy996
hmm 708 only? Fadi has a built motor ttg build... was the ttg not trunning full boost?
i heard he was turned down alittle..He was never really thinking he could beat it just looking for some fun racing and from looks of the vid on that race it was a good time..

obvi the lambo has alot more left in it to blow his doors off..
sean

Old 06-19-2013, 07:01 PM
edelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond repute

Hey scott how are you .its my buddys car we just pulled off the vgts few weeks ago and put my 30s off my car on it its nothing fancy . it was orig chris telecamps car .The car has 60 k on orig short block

Old 06-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Mainline read low for sure, so I'm guessing 800 on a DJ. Regardless, he has some sack to run a Stage 3 TTG with his setup! Props to your friend.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by edelectra
Hey scott how are you .its my buddys car we just pulled off the vgts few weeks ago and put my 30s off my car on it its nothing fancy . it was orig chris telecamps car .The car has 60 k on orig short block
What's up, Ed! That car did better than I would have guessed at that power level! Nice Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:11 PM
edelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond repute
What's up, Ed! That car did better than I would have guessed at that power level! Nice Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.
You know better than anyone .These cars do alot with a lil .

Old 06-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Mainline read low for sure, so I'm guessing 800 on a DJ. Regardless, he has some sack to run a Stage 3 TTG with his setup! Props to your friend.
its all about having fun..

Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by edelectra
You know better than anyone .These cars do alot with a lil .
Yes sir, they certainly do.

Originally Posted by skinny electra
its all about having fun..
Agreed!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone recognize this Michigan Protomotive car?