997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Front Air Lift Suspension Options for PSS10's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 09:08 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Front Air Lift Suspension Options for PSS10's

Any suggestions out there for PSS10's on my 997TT. Car is set at GT2 specs and has a carbon fiber lip on it. Cutting it real close a lot on some driveways and lots so looking for a front lift. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Old 07-03-2013, 09:29 PM
thuggy has a spectacular aura aboutthuggy has a spectacular aura about
I have the techart hydraulic front lift kit set up with my PSS10s. Saved my Techart front lip countless times. Expensive but works.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:42 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Thx Thuggy! How much was the kit, and how much to install?

Old 07-04-2013, 09:12 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I have the TechArt on my GT2. Brochure is attached.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TechArt Noselift Brochure.pdf (373.0 KB, 101 views)
Old 07-04-2013, 02:48 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
I have the KW lift kit. Works great and I believe it is much quicker at raising the turbo than the the air compressor type of Cargraphic. I think KW makes a life kit they raises the back end as well. Pretty crazy.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:10 PM
I cant remember as its been a couple of years and it was done along with other work (Techart chin spoiler, GT2 side skirts etc) I think it was about 5K with install and alignment.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Thanks Guys! I was leaning Cargraphic bc I was worried about the hydraulic needing maintenance. Is that true?

Old 07-05-2013, 05:00 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boochook
Thanks Guys! I was leaning Cargraphic bc I was worried about the hydraulic needing maintenance. Is that true?
I've had zero problems with my TechArt. I think hydraulic is a lot faster than air. Many times I've come to a place where it is needed unexpectedly and speed really mattered. e.g. coming down a hill and hitting an intersection.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
The TechArt lift works really great. We've installed a few of them. Cost of the front lift kit is somewhere around $5500 if I remember correctly.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:54 AM
The hydraulic kit is faster and quieter than the cargraphic which I believe uses the porsche air pump.

I had some issues on install (older part) but the Techart guys were first class in support and getting me squared away, even reimbursing me for install time to change the part. I have no problems recommending Techart.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks Guys! Now I just need to find where I can pick up a Techart front lift kit, then find a place to install! Thanks again!!!

Old 07-07-2013, 08:54 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I think TA is the only setup that incorporates the lift into the car and looks OEM - don't Cargraphics and KW require a remote?

Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2013, 11:54 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu
I think TA is the only setup that incorporates the lift into the car and looks OEM - don't Cargraphics and KW require a remote?

My KW's come with an illuminated button that I mounted in the ash try. It also comes with a remote. I didn't like the TA because you loose the universal remote feature which I need.

I also looked at getting the OEM GT3 lift kit but it took too much effort to source all the parts.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by TT Chris
My KW's come with an illuminated button that I mounted in the ash try. It also comes with a remote. I didn't like the TA because you loose the universal remote feature which I need.

I also looked at getting the OEM GT3 lift kit but it took too much effort to source all the parts.
I mounted mine on the drivers side wall. I will get a picture.

Originally Posted by boochook
Thanks Guys! Now I just need to find where I can pick up a Techart front lift kit, then find a place to install! Thanks again!!!
My Porsche dealer installed it. Purchased from German Tuning Corporation (949) 229-1770

Last edited by imcarnuts; 07-08-2013 at 02:12 PM.