997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 turbo tiptronic switzer R911 vs vr900 vs ams alpha9 vs evoms 850 vs champ. mot.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 02:28 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
divexxtreme , I have seen in your ownership a lot of high hp cars ,cars that most of us maybe can dream of , what is the reason of selling them , if I can ask ?

Old 07-14-2013, 09:37 AM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
Don't forget you have to rebuild the Tiptronic. AMS is running with stock tiptronic but i don't think that it will last.

i've seen users from this forum put simple VTG kits and have to rebuild the tiptronic after a few pulls with race gas.

My tuner is going to be ESMOTOR. It's one of the best for tiptronic and built engines.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:16 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yumaverick
I would go with the Switzer P800 if I was you. R911 uses GT30 Turbos vs AMS uses Alpha 28, big difference. The P800 from Switzer uses GT28.
Would you (or anyone) pls explain difference between GT30, Alpha28, and GT28? Is GT30 the best because of power, of less lag, or better reliability? Are they made by different companies?

Real questions; I am not familiar with these things and the names all sound like Greek to me.

Last edited by cannga; 07-14-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:42 AM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
Alpha turbo systems are made by Tial Sports to fit the exhaust and headers of the 996 and 997 turbo cars. All we know is that they are A28 A3071 and A3076 turbos.

GT turbos are Garrett turbos. There are more options to customize the turbo but you need to modify/buy headers and exhaust so you can bolt on the turbo.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:59 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by w00zy
Alpha turbo systems are made by Tial Sports to fit the exhaust and headers of the 996 and 997 turbo cars. All we know is that they are A28 A3071 and A3076 turbos.

GT turbos are Garrett turbos. There are more options to customize the turbo but you need to modify/buy headers and exhaust so you can bolt on the turbo.
Thanks. Are the Garrett turbos considered to be "better" than Tial? If "better," is it because of more power? Or less lag? Are they different in their designs?

Old 07-14-2013, 02:20 PM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by w00zy
Don't forget you have to rebuild the Tiptronic. AMS is running with stock tiptronic but i don't think that it will last.

i've seen users from this forum put simple VTG kits and have to rebuild the tiptronic after a few pulls with race gas.

My tuner is going to be ESMOTOR. It's one of the best for tiptronic and built engines.
Of course I will built the transmission from esmotor or switzer it will depend from the tuner shop in europe , Olso I think I will built only the rods and change also the driveshaft , because I destroyed my driveshaft even in my cayenne turbo by doing to many brake launch , I think I will choose ev900 or alpha9 becuase of the price , or even beter the es900 it will cost less .. I plan than in the future to play with car look and weight

Old 07-14-2013, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by cannga
Thanks. Are the Garrett turbos considered to be "better" than Tial? If "better," is it because of more power? Or less lag? Are they different in their designs?
If you have serious money buy the intercooler kit with the pipes from ams , than buy gt35 turbos , europipe exhaust for the best sound , and then of course all this if you have money left to built the engine ... One question , which is faster a 997.2 turbo pdk 650 hp or a 800-900 tiptronic 997 turbo ?

Old 07-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
If you have serious money buy the intercooler kit with the pipes from ams , than buy gt35 turbos , europipe exhaust for the best sound , and then of course all this if you have money left to built the engine ... One question , which is faster a 997.2 turbo pdk 650 hp or a 800-900 tiptronic 997 turbo ?
GT35's don't bolt on to the Europipe but you almost guessed my set up

A3071R
AMS I/C kit
ESMOTOR Tiptronic
ESMOTOR ECU & TCU tune

i don't need to rebuild the engine with this set up but i'm thinking about it

PDK's are fast off the line but in a roll on race i think the tiptronic, with more power, is favorite to win

Old 07-14-2013, 03:04 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Cann,

w00zy is right. With GT's you need to have headers made for the car. The alphas are cheaper and also bolt on to the factory components. GT's do have better top end and produce more power. You can customize a GT as well for your own goals. Less lag or higher top end etc. Either turbo is good though just depends what you want and what your budget is.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:07 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
GT35's wont work with a Europipe. Europipe is too restrictive with that much power. You will need a catless exhaust. Whats your budget if you dont mind me asking?

A 997.1 would be faster. 997.2 only off the line but you would pass him quickly.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:33 PM
GT35's wont work with a Europipe. Europipe is too restrictive with that much power. You will need a catless exhaust. Whats your budget if you dont mind me asking?

A 997.1 would be faster. 997.2 only off the line but you would pass him quickly.
A 997.1 turbo is to old now , and I can not spend more than 85.000 euros for it, I have found a lot of low mile 997 turbo in the 53k range so I will have 30k left for mods , if I will not complete this dream , maybe I will wait another year or 2 for a 991 turboS or mp4-12c

Old 07-14-2013, 04:01 PM
A 997.1 turbo is to old now , and I can not spend more than 85.000 euros for it, I have found a lot of low mile 997 turbo in the 53k range so I will have 30k left for mods , if I will not complete this dream , maybe I will wait another year or 2 for a 991 turboS or mp4-12c
If it's old to you why do you want one? Like I said it all comes down to what you want. The 997.1 is probably the last Turbo that you can actually heavily mod. Hans Mezger has retired and VW is now the majority shareholder of the company. I highly doubt future Porsche motors will be as stout as the 997.1. I enjoy modding cars so this will probably be last porsche until I calm down on the modding. GTR or Lambo will def be the next cars I own down the road. The mp4-12c breaks down all the time from what I hear. We have an exotic car rental out here that you can pay $250 to $700 and drive anything you like as hard as you want around the track for 5 plus laps. http://www.exoticsracing.com/ They had to shut down the Aventador and the Mclaren because they break down so much. If you can find a really clean low mileage 997.1 for 53k Euro ($69,222) I would jump on it. Also depends what you consider low miles. Mine is an 07 with 6,800 miles. Great car and platform for the money! A nicely built build with GT35's and motor build will run you $50,000 plus depending on Tuner/Company ($50,000 for a lower build) I'm talking U.S. BTW, Good luck with whatever you do. I would highly suggest you call Switzer and Protomotive before you make a decision.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:41 PM
PERONE78 is a jewel in the roughPERONE78 is a jewel in the roughPERONE78 is a jewel in the rough
My opinion is ESMOTOR!!! I set up his kit ES1200R after having the kit sistem EVOMS EVT775. you can safely go with him, is the best upgrade for tiptronic upgrade and declared hp are real. Emre is a great person, is always available for any explanation. You'll never have a problem with him.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:46 PM
If it's old to you why do you want one? Like I said it all comes down to what you want. The 997.1 is probably the last Turbo that you can actually heavily mod. Hans Mezger has retired and VW is now the majority shareholder of the company. I highly doubt future Porsche motors will be as stout as the 997.1. I enjoy modding cars so this will probably be last porsche until I calm down on the modding. GTR or Lambo will def be the next cars I own down the road. The mp4-12c breaks down all the time from what I hear. We have an exotic car rental out here that you can pay $250 to $700 and drive anything you like as hard as you want around the track for 5 plus laps. http://www.exoticsracing.com/ They had to shut down the Aventador and the Mclaren because they break down so much. If you can find a really clean low mileage 997.1 for 53k Euro ($69,222) I would jump on it. Also depends what you consider low miles. Mine is an 07 with 6,800 miles. Great car and platform for the money! A nicely built build with GT35's and motor build will run you $50,000 plus depending on Tuner/Company ($50,000 for a lower build) I'm talking U.S. BTW, Good luck with whatever you do. I would highly suggest you call Switzer and Protomotive before you make a decision.
I currently own a cayenne turbo , but it is too havy and slow to race with other sports car and really really want
A 997.1 because like you sad its tuneable and why not put max hp with bolt ons . Wow is mclaren really that bad ? Good to now , because the nearest mclaren dealer is like 2000 miles from me and 8 hour see trip . I really wanted a gt-r but I hate its fans and some owners , no offense . Yes a gallardo is a good idea but at 35k for a 800 hp turbo kit or 100k for 1200hp they arent cheap to maintain and tune , so porsche 911 is the fastest , reliable sportcar to own

Last edited by porschecayenne92; 07-14-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by PERONE78
My opinion is ESMOTOR!!! I set up his kit ES1200R after having the kit sistem EVOMS EVT775. you can safely go with him, is the best upgrade for tiptronic upgrade and declared hp are real. Emre is a great person, is always available for any explanation. You'll never have a problem with him.
Yes but esmotor is located in turkey ? So I have to ship my car in turkey ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 turbo tiptronic switzer R911 vs vr900 vs ams alpha9 vs evoms 850 vs champ. mot.