997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Car not running right-Tune? MAF? Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 01:17 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
I would call GIAC and see what their thoughts on the matter are.
Did it run correctly after the tune was installed?

Walt

Old 07-15-2013, 01:34 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PacMan Z
Where can I find either of those two programs? Is one easier to operate than the other?
I must also recommend VirtualBox from Oracle its free and works great on my MacBookAir.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:07 PM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
I'll be in touch with GIAC soon as I have data logs to send them. They were nice enough to extend their help on the matter before I contacted them.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:33 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
I must also recommend VirtualBox from Oracle its free and works great on my MacBookAir.
Not familiar with VirtualBox - if it allows Windows to run on a Mac then he can run Durametric software on the Mac in a Windows OS environment. Durametric only runs in Windows.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:08 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Not familiar with VirtualBox - if it allows Windows to run on a Mac then he can run Durametric software on the Mac in a Windows OS environment. Durametric only runs in Windows.
its just an other virtualization solution like vmware or parallels, but its free and works great on a Mac. I run a Windows XP machine through VB with the Durametric software, but used to have a Windows7 machine (though Win7 takes more disk space than I am willing to offer).

If you really want to know why you bought a Mac one can probably run Win8 as well

Old 07-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Where can I find either of those two programs? Is one easier to operate than the other?
It's very easy

http://www.durametric.com/download.aspx

Did you talk to Tom at Champion Motorsport? i'm sure he will be more than happy to help you....

If i ever do any type of Turbos upgrade, i will only do it with CMS bc of their warranty....

My cable is in my house... i don't need it right now so let me know if after you talk to Tom you still need it as long as i get it back you get take it...

Old 07-15-2013, 06:36 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
It's very easy

http://www.durametric.com/download.aspx

Did you talk to Tom at Champion Motorsport? i'm sure he will be more than happy to help you....

If i ever do any type of Turbos upgrade, i will only do it with CMS bc of their warranty....

My cable is in my house... i don't need it right now so let me know if after you talk to Tom you still need it as long as i get it back you get take it...
He's asking about the software that allows Durametric to run on a Mac, not the Durametric software.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:26 PM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
I'll borrow that cable Leo.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
I'll borrow that cable Leo.
Cool i be Happy to help you... i'm in Washington DC right now, i be back to Fl this friday, i can send it to you Saturday (Mail shouldn't be expensive bc we are in Fl) just send me a PM with your address