997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Do Not be Fooled by this car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 02:28 PM
drug delivery is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Squat
IMHO this is the problem with Corvette. 36 months 36,000
Well, GM gives you more than 36/36 on the drive train. 5/100 on the drive train is pretty good on such a car. Porsche offers a 4 yr 50k drivetrain warranty.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by drug delivery
Well, GM gives you more than 36/36 on the drive train. 5/100 on the drive train is pretty good on such a car. Porsche offers a 4 yr 50k drivetrain warranty.
But its rarely the DT breaks. Its the cheap crap that rattles apart and other things. Like my 911 needing a spoiler.

Trouble is chevy treats their top end car like they treat the lowest end. Which tells you how much they trust the workmanship on it.

I think they pro rate the DT stuff as well

Old 07-26-2013, 11:07 AM
boostfiend is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dewilmoth
My Z06 was an awesome driver, just couldn't live with the cheesy interior. If they figure that out without making it a pig, the Z06 will be one hell of a car. The motor in those cars is unbelievable, especially considering the archaic technology.
A pig? It weighs almost 500lbs less than a new turbo or current 997 turbo. With crash tests getting stricter and stricter I don't see how many manufacturers can shed that much weigh. If the C7 Z51 is a preview of whats too come for the C7 Z06 I don't think it will be lighter than current c6 Z06 as the C7 has actually put on weight compared to the base C6. The C7 Z51 is apparently almost 180-200lbs over a current C6 Z51. Then again the chassis is still lighter than the current c6 so maybe they can pull it off with a crapload more of CF body parts.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:46 AM
dewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant future
I wasn't saying the C6 Z was a pig, I was saying if they can make the C7 Z interior better without a massive weight penalty it will be a hit. I fully expect the C7 to be heavier, how much is the question. The interior doesn't need to be fancy, just not cheap. There is a big difference IMO.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:02 PM
boostfiend is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dewilmoth
I wasn't saying the C6 Z was a pig, I was saying if they can make the C7 Z interior better without a massive weight penalty it will be a hit. I fully expect the C7 to be heavier, how much is the question. The interior doesn't need to be fancy, just not cheap. There is a big difference IMO.
Got it thought you we're saying the c6 z06 curb weight was a pig . As said before a fully loaded 7MT Z51 is about 200lbs heavier than a C6 Z51 so I'm curious to see just how much out of that they will be able to trim out for the C7 Z06.

Curious have you seen a C7 interior in person yet? I have seen a couple variations (Sport and Base) and the interiors are all pretty nice definitely miles ahead of the C6. Even the base interior without the sports seats/Cf trim, etc still looks 100x better than a C6. The interiors look pretty finished I don't think there will be much change to the production models being delivered soon.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:33 PM
dewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by boostfiend
Got it thought you we're saying the c6 z06 curb weight was a pig . As said before a fully loaded 7MT Z51 is about 200lbs heavier than a C6 Z51 so I'm curious to see just how much out of that they will be able to trim out for the C7 Z06.

Curious have you seen a C7 interior in person yet? I have seen a couple variations (Sport and Base) and the interiors are all pretty nice definitely miles ahead of the C6. Even the base interior without the sports seats/Cf trim, etc still looks 100x better than a C6. The interiors look pretty finished I don't think there will be much change to the production models being delivered soon.
No, heven't seen it yet. I'm sure it will be an improvement though because everyone hated the old one.