997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Protomotive X-pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 04:51 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
All good ;-)

I'm a bit OCD too, and my passenger side does need a bit of a tweak to match the driver's side. Just haven't found time yet to address it.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:34 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
Looks like driver's side on mine but passenger's on yours. Bob's really analytic about stuff like that. I think it's some form of OCD -- LOL.
Just remember to wash your hands.

Attached Images  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:13 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
Just remember to wash your hands.

LOL. My window of acceptable tolerance with modding has increased over the years. With the motor, nothing less than perfect. The exhaust, eh...

Old 07-28-2013, 04:05 PM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I have the same setup...i love the sound of my car...

my 2- 2 cents..
the O2 is a beyatch to get to if you ever need to... without taking off a bunch of stuff... be of tight that piece is between the cat and the flange...
and I think this beast of an exhaust deserves .. "requires" some serious tips... while these are nice looking they are not for the beast .. they are for a pussycat

Every now and then I wish i could try it w/o the cats to hear a bit more roar .. which I may try at some point anyway and it would eliminate the tight O2 location too

Old 07-28-2013, 04:13 PM
dewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant future
You mean try it without the mufflers? I'm pretty sure the Proto X-pipe isn't available with cats. The mufflers are in the spot the cats would be.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:18 PM
AriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond reputeAriS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dewilmoth
You mean try it without the mufflers? I'm pretty sure the Proto X-pipe isn't available with cats. The mufflers are in the spot the cats would be.
yes , i thinks so.. dunno why but i feel like .. i was told they are 100 cell resonators .. if there is such a thing .. I am talking about the coffee can size things ..

Old 07-28-2013, 04:20 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Yeah, those are mufflers, not cats. Remove them and you will probably experience horrible drone. Todd should experiment with different mufflers, give consumers an option, would probably sell more.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:30 PM
dewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant future
So this is essentially the highest flowing exhaust that I know of, and its too quiet? That's pretty amazing if so. Sure doesn't look like it would be quiet. Are the mufflers custom, or are they Magnaflow? They look identical to the 6" Magnaflow race series.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:35 PM
I wanna say i recall seeing magnaflow on them ...
NOT quiet .. tons of burble.. swoshing .. some whistle .. nothing in your face .. again not quiet... sometimes I want more whistle .. when i whack the throttle ... like Turbo Mike's .. I think his are NO mufflers .. whistles .. loud...longgg and IN YOUR FACE

The system is really well balanced.. not extreme but definitely enough to unleash beasts ..

Last edited by AriS4; 07-28-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:38 PM
It sounds like the perfect setup of you ask me. Wish I could hear it in person. I'll be buying or building this setup soon.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:39 PM
So the drone isn't bad? I'm fine with loud, but I don't want my wife to refuse to drive with me due to migraines.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:46 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
So the drone isn't bad? I'm fine with loud, but I don't want my wife to refuse to drive with me due to migraines.
No drone really. Where you live? You can ride in mine...

Old 07-28-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm in Hawaii. Wish I planned a little better, I was jn oside 2 weeks ago. I may take you up on that though and have my dad go for a ride with you. He lives in temecula. Thanks very much for the offer.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm in Hawaii. Wish I planned a little better, I was jn oside 2 weeks ago. I may take you up on that though and have my dad go for a ride with you. He lives in temecula. Thanks very much for the offer.
Sure have him contact me. Jeremysawat@gmail.com

Old 07-28-2013, 05:02 PM
I've had mine over a hear .. no drone ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive X-pipe